She Will Love You Through All The Lies

Part Four

She held up her arms and slipped on a form fitting black dress. It hugged all of her curves perfectly, making her feel beautiful whenever she wore it. She was always told from when she was a little girl that she was beautiful which lead to being adored by the male population all through high school. Girls couldn't even despise her for it because she was so polite and nice to them, informing them that they were just as beautiful. She never had problems with people, and honestly, could've been with any male that she wanted, but she chose Brian and he chose the road for the last few years.

She sighed and bowed her head. She bent her left foot inwards, making her sloop to one side and bit her lip. She stared at the ground, fidgeting with her fingers, wondering if she was doing the right thing- the right thing by staying with her husband, the love of her life. She frowned a little and walked to the mirror in the bathroom. She picked up her silver bar stud for her lip and pushed it through the hole on the left side of her bottom lip. She had her lip pierced since she was in the eighth grade and still loved it. She ran her hands down her smooth and naturally straight black hair that fell a little past her shoulders.

As thoughts swam through her mind, she heard Brian walk through the hallway towards their bedroom. She turned around and walked through the door connecting the master bathroom to their master bedroom. He opened the door and glanced around the room for her. She let out a light giggle as she stood in the doorway almost hidden from the doorway that he was in. He scrunched his eyebrows together and then stepped further into the bedroom, finally landing his eyes on her. He smiled as he walked towards her. "You look beautiful," he whispered as he kissed her forehead.

She looked at him and noticed that he had showered and changed as well. He stood clothed in a simple pair of black pants that were still in amazing condition, a plain white shirt and a black pin stripped blazer. He had on a casual pair of shoes that he wore often which she took note of. She walked to her closet and pulled out her plain black flats and slipped them on her feet. She could walk in heels, but she choose not to have to deal with them.

They were enjoying a nice meal at a fancy restaurant, even though it was simply too quiet for her personal taste. She wished that they could've gone out to a Bar & Grill dressed in casual clothing to have a few drinks and eat a simple hamburger and French fries. But nonetheless, she was just happy to be with her husband in the end, even if it was still a bit odd to be dealing with.

"How're the boys?" she softly asked as she played with her clothed napkin as they waited for their dinner. She was always one to fidget with something, to keep herself busy and to give herself something to look at other then who she was talking too.

Brian took a hold of her hand gently in his, causing her to look up into his eyes. He smiled, "they're doing great." He waited for his wife's smile that he loved so desperately. He didn't let his smile falter very much as he noticed her smile not as bright as it used to be. He ran his calloused thumb over her smooth skin, "how're the girls?" he asked.

She frowned, "I wouldn't know." She looked to her left, breaking her gaze with his. Truth be told, she was only ever close to Valary who was dating Matt, Lacey who was dating Johnny and Tara who was dating Zacky. She loved Leana just as much as she loved Jimmy, but she hadn't known her as long as the other girls. She had been closest with Tara for they had gone to high school together. Tara and Zacky had seemed to be together for what felt like ages, a few years before her and Brian had gotten together. It was almost enough to make her smile, thinking of the love Tara and Zacky had for one another, until it made her realize that Brian and she were no longer like that.

She blinked away a tear that threatened to fall. She realized that she would've been much better off if she had Tara by her side and to talk to her, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Tara had gone with the five young men on tour for the last while, leaving Kate to fend for herself in more ways than one. Not only did she have to say goodbye to her husband, but she had to say goodbye to her best-friend the same day.

Lacey herself lived quite a distance from Kate, and was forever busy. They kept in touch, a call once a month, maybe two times if they were lucky. It was hard on the both of them to lose the guys, which made Lacey dive into her work to keep herself occupied and busy. It would've been too hard on her to keep in close touch with Kate, seeing just how lost she was without Brian too.

She and Valary kept in much better contact. A few calls a week, a lunch date here and there a few times a month, but that was only for the first half of the tour. A few months back she flew out to one of their shows to see the guys and stay with them for the rest of the tour. It was always planned to happen, but Kate was praying that it wouldn't have been so soon.

Brian brought her out of her daze by lightly squeezing her hand. She looked back at him to see an apologetic look set upon his perfect bone structured face. She smiled and squeezed his hand lightly, letting him know she was okay. "Your hair looks nice short," she complimented him. He smiled and opened his mouth to say something as the waiter appeared at their table with their meals. They had already eaten their simple breaded appetizers when they had arrived and had been waiting patiently for their main meal, making short-talk.

When they arrived home, they were hit by an odd feeling of compassion. Once the door was closed and locked, Brian kicked off his shoes and laced his arms around his wifes’ waist, pulling her close to him. Her back was pressed against him as he placed a trail of kisses from her temple all the way to her upper back. She smiled and pressed herself against his body even closer, savouring his touch and the moment.

He ran a hand all the way down her side to behind her knee and then picked her up bridal style and carried her to their bedroom, never loosing eye contact with her on the way. When he got into their bedroom, once again, he never bothered with the door as he placed her back on her own two feet.

They stood in front of each other as moments passed, gazing at one another. She was hoping that maybe, just maybe, he'd stick to his word this time and the love they shared for one another would surface again. He was thinking of just how much he loved her, while cursing himself for the pain he had put her through. He was hoping that the love they shared for one another would surface again, and she would smile like she used too.

He smiled as did she and almost like teenagers, they hesitantly reached out to one another with her wrapping her arms around his neck and him wrapping his arms around her waist. He looked into her eyes once again, searching for something, anything. She closed her eyes and soon after he followed, placing his forehead to hers. At the same moment, they smiled.