Jinxed Things Ringing

Sit Tight

My eyes fluttered open to notice Brendon, on my right, already sitting up. With a yawn, I looked up at him. Brendon smiled and looked down at me.

"Mornin' kiddo," Brendon said.

I could get use to this...

"Morning," I mumbled and closed my eyes again. I could feel Brendon sink down and rest his head on my pillow.

"What did I say about my side?" I muttered, my eyes still closed.

"What did I say about being a girl?" He retorted. I could feel his breath on my hair. I moved my face to look at his. Our noses just inches away.

"I am a girl," I furrowed my eyebrows. Brendon smirked.

"I noticed when you bathe..." Brendon said.

"Do you really?" I asked with seriousness.

"No, I just like to act like I do," Brendon said, his lips curling to a side. We were quiet for a while just staring at each other.

"I'm sorry about your friend," I finally said. My heart started to beat in anticipation of what he would say.

Would he get upset?

Would be okay?

Would he cry?

Please don't let him cry...

"I'm sorry about your hand," He replied. We were quiet again. I started to realize how close we were.

The setting seemed just right, the curtained canopy over lacing the daybed making it seem so elegant. Velvet and silk pillows surrounding us as we lay in the bed. Covering us was lush overthrow with a delicate grayish pink flower pattern.

"I want to kiss you," Brendon whispered.

"Don't," I said simply.

Brendon's right hand was placed on my left shoulder, squeezing my arm tenderly, causing my body churn in delight, as he was facing towards me.

What was this boy doing to me?!

He lowered his head and I turned my face away, heart beating faster. I thought I was going to throw up. His nose grazed my ear, and I could feel his eyelashes flutter on my cheek. He moved his face along mine.

My chest rose and fell, trying to keep steady breaths. He wasn't kissing me, but just touching me gave be quakes.

I could help but let my own eyes close and crane my head backwards, lips parting slightly in pleasure.

I felt Brendon's chest push against my right arm, as I continue to lay on my back; arms still to my side. While Brendon's face was tucked by my neck...moving...oh so...gently.

I felt the hand that was draped over my chest and holding my shoulder, slide down my arm and into my hands that were stiff to my side. His hand slid into mine and gave it the most enjoyable squeeze.

"Bren," I whispered. My body felt like jelly and I was being vexed by his sexual advances.

"I'm sorry," Brendon replied in a husky voice continuing to run his lips along my cheekbones. My own lips finally gave a quiver, and with all the strength I could muster, I pushed myself into the sitting position.

Brendon's right hand fell into my lap as I sat up, but he copied my actions as he let his chin rest on my shoulder.

"Brendon," I said with a strong voice. I felt a confidence when I sat up, rather than in a vulnerable laying position.

"Hmmm," Brendon sighed. I turned my head to look at him. His eyes look up at mine. His hair was tousled and his checkered shirt askew.

"What do you want from me?" I asked quietly. My legs were dangling off the bed's side. Brendon was silent for quite sometime, until he leaned back sinking into the bed.

"Shit," I heard him mutter.

"Your breath smells like a carcass," I say turning my head a little.

"Ughhhhh Genviève! Stop being so fucking nice! I've like screwed up a bazillion times! You should just...like summon me away or something," Brendon groaned.

"Be gone spirit!" I said in a deep voice, wiggling my fingers at him. Brendon groaned again. I laughed at him and let myself lay back down. But this time, I let my head rest on his stomach, letting my legs dangling off the bed.

"It's fine. You're 42 and horny," I shrugged. Brendon chuckled, allowing his fingers to run through my hair.

"Yeah, but...I don't want you to think that I'm using you," Brendon said lifting his head to look at me. I turned my head to the left to look at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you want me to think?" I asked softly. Brendon lowered his gaze slightly, but continued to rake his fingers through my scalp.

He paused for a moment before saying, "Anything. Except for thinking that I'm using you,"

"Okay," I replied.

"You're very pretty," Brendon said. I laughed out loud. "What!" He cried.

"Nothing..." I chuckled and let my voice fall deep. "You're very pretty too,"

"No! I mean it!" Brendon laughed with me. "You're quite the plain Jane-"

"Well thanks a load buddy!"

"Nooooo! Shut up. Let me finish. If I stare at you long enough...you turn out to be quite...seemingly attractive," Brendon stated.

I nodded, raised my head-

and then proceeded to slam it back down with as much force I possibly could exhert.

"Ahhhsonofabitch,"

"Well, well, well...look who dished out the insults AND CAN'T HANDLE THE PAIN!" I barked. Brendon chuckled...a cough-y chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't regret it though," Brendon said.

I huffed. "I could be pretty," I pouted crossing my arms. Brendon tugged at my hair a little.

"Hey now," Brendon said softly. "When I was alive...thousands, no! Millions of girls would kill their new born puppies to have me spend the day with them. I air sexed you! Like...twice!" Brendon exclaimed. I laughed at this.

"You are one lucky girl," Brendon nodded to himself. I closed my eyes and chuckled.

"Yes, I should inform all the grandmothers now...I made out with their dead idol!" I said.

"I'm not sure if they're into necrophilia Genviève,"

Image

"Damien, the phone," I state not looking up from my magazine.

"Yes. It's ringing," Damien notices. I put my magazine down and watch him with curiosity.

"Answer it," I demand.

"No. Telemarketers are particularly stupid today. I'm not in the mood. Wanna give it a go?"

"Sure,"

"Catch,"

Clank.

"Damien...it's not cordless..."

"Yeaaaaahhhh..."

I roll my eyes and pick up the phone that's now sprawled on the hardwood floor.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Yes. This is Tim from-"

"Why can't you play poker in a zoo?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me,"

"Oh...uhm...I'm not sure what-"

"Just answer me,"

"What was the question again?"

"GAWD! YOU RUINED MY JOKE!" I screamed into the phone and slammed it into the reciever.

"Why can't you?" Damien asked.

"Too many cheetahs," I shrugged. Damien nodded.

"Good one. He really did ruin it,"

The phone rang again. Damien picked up the phone this time.

"Hello?"

...

"Say it again,"

...

"Did you say your name is Jerry?"

...

"What did you say before that?"

...

"No, before that..."

...

"Of course you said something before 'Hello'! Maybe something dirty to a co-worker. Possibly an inaudible insult to your overweight boss..."

...

"NO I'M NOT STALKING YOU!"

And with that Damien slammed the phone on the recieve just like I had done previously.

"Poor telleyphone," I mourned.

"It's a trooper, it is," Damien saluted.

"I'm going to make myself a sandwich," I let him know and walk to the kitchen.

I see Brendon sitting on the island counter when I walk in.

"Hey Bren," I smile and head to the refrigerator.

"Oh my goodness! JON! YOU SCARED ME!" Brendon shouted.

I can't say that I counted how many nanoseconds went by until the time Brendon said that and then decided to tackle me.

"What the heck!" I shouted as Brendon flew right through me and out the other end. I let out a huge shudder feeling the immense chill that surged through my torso.

"I'm sorry..." Brendon pleaded.

I let out a frustrated groan, "Do you know what your problem is?!"

"I only have one?"

"Brendon! You. are. dead! You said it yourself buddy!" I shouted.

Silence.

I sighed and closed my eyes, "Bren,"

"No. You're right," Brendon shook his head. He looked disappointed.

"It came across harsh-"

"Well it's not like you could have sugar coated it," Brendon spat.

"Don't you-"

"Genviève!" Damien's voice from the ballroom was being shouted out. "Door!"

With one last sigh I turned away and got to the door. The closed door.

"Damien! You didn't even open it, you douche!" I chuckled, while opening the door.

There he stood- in all his terrified glory.

"Roger!" My eyes lit up seeing him. I flung myself at him, feeling him catch me. "Oh Roger, you're here," my voice was muffled into his jacket.

"Oh dear God...this better be worth it," Roger said clutching me.

"Do come in," I said taking his hand and leading him inside. Roger paused and I looked at him to see what was the matter.

"I'm...going to just...stand outside," Roger nodded sure of himself. I smiled.

"Okay," I replied. "So...was there something you needed- or are you here just to get your daily dose of moi," I said leaning playfully against the door frame. Roger chuckled pushing his hands into his jean pockets.

"Uhm...actually," Roger said looking at his shoes, then back up at me. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out,"

"Oh, yeah sure! Let me get Damien," I said turning to call my brother, but I was stopped.

"Actually," Roger said, holding his hand out to stop me. "I was...thinking. Maybe just...you and me?" Roger asked bashfully.

My heart rose as I thought of the prospect of a date with a boy. Maybe getting settled down was a good thing. I wouldn't mind spending time with someone with skin. Okay, perhaps that was a bit harsh. It was just hard getting attention from someone..perfect like Brendon and then having to constantly realize that they're dead and...horny.

"Let me grab my coat," I tell him and walk to a thin door. I open it to the familiar very long, and very, very narrow coat closet. I grab my gray pea coat and slip it on.

"M'lady," Roger poses a British accent, while extending his arm to me.

"Oh my goodness," I laugh, accepting his waiting elbow. "You are extremely good at that,"

"It's the New England in me," Roger says with a shrug as we turn. I reach to shut the door, not before calling out to Damien that I was going out.

"It's getting colder," I said. Roger snorted. I reached over and slapped Roger with my free right hand. "What?" I asked.

"You're such a Cali girl," Roger said mimicking a squeamish girl. I laughed.

"You are very chipper for nursing a hang over," I say. Roger shakes his long hair out of his eyes. He has that typical skater look going on.

"Nah. After you left, the party got lame," Roger said.

"Awww," I cooed pushing myself obnoxiously in his face. By now our arms were unlinked and we were walking on Main Street.

"There was no more beer," Roger smirk and pushed my face away. I rolled my eyes but smiled nevertheless.

Roger led me into a dingy diner type place. I laughed as we seated ourselve to a plastic dark blue booth.

"Please tell me this is a cliché diner and the food is better than the decor," I tease him.

"This is a cliché diner and the food is better than the decor," Roger says leaning on the table.

"No more freebies for you ass," a slightly chubby young lady said with a hand on her hip. Roger's eyes widened as he turned to me and back to the lady.

"But- but...she...MADE ME DO IT!" Roger cried pointing a finger at my face.

"I'm new ma'am," I say with a polite shy voice.

"You get the newcomer's food," The lady growled at Roger and walked away. Roger scowled and slumped in his seat.

"You make dates un-fun," Roger pouted.

"We're on a date?"

"Shut up,"

"Un-fun isn't a word,"

"Shut up,"

"I didn't make this either. You did,"

"Ssshhh," Roger said grabbing my hand that was resting on the table. He ran his thumb over the back of my hand. He stared right at me with the most unreadable look. It wasn't making me nervous, but instead happier. I turned our hands over and laced our fingers together and continued to study our hands.

"I'm not wearing my shirt," Roger finally said softly breaking my empty thoughts. My head snapped up to look at him quizzically.

"What?" I asked with a confused smile.

"Not mine," he shook his head, his lips slowly forming a smile.

"Then who's..."

"My sister's,"

"Roger!" I exclaimed. "That's...weird!" I laughed. Roger laughed too. "Why would you even tell me that!" I exclaimed.

"Here's your orders," The lady, who was the waitress, came back. I shot Roger a look. We didn't order anything. Yet the lady passed me a burger with fries and a coke while passing Roger a lumpy looking soup and soggy pancake. Once the lady left our table I broke out into hysterical laughter.

Roger glared at me the whole time, but could help himself and laughed along with me.

"I love this place," I said laughing some more. "I'll share with you," I finally said. Roger grinned and moved his plate towards me. He got out of his side of the booth and moved to mine, taking the signal I scooted in.

Roger slung his arm over my shoulder as he grabbed a fry and bit into it. I smiled up at him and he threw me a boyish grin.

Oh Massachusetts...
♠ ♠ ♠
ANOTHER FILLER.

I really do apologize. I don't know what's going on with me lately.

I have this whole plot going in my head, but I don't want to rush it. I hate reading about stories that just get to the point too quickly.

EX: "Hi I'm Brendon,"
"Hi I'm Stacey,"
"Let's be best friends,"
"Okay!"
"My friends think I like you,"
"Same here,"
"Just friends,"
"Just kidding. I secretly like you,"
"Same here. I was hiding a burning passion I never knew about. I'm so intricate and deep,"
"Let's make babies,"
"Ok."
The End.

I'm trying to drag this along with as much sexual tension I can possibly fill. :]
xoxo