Jinxed Things Ringing

How Does One Pluralize 'Yeti'?

"So. Brendon...who are you taking to the party?" I could hear Samantha's husky voice behind me. I rolled my eyes and continued to peel potatoes.

"Oh uhm...err, I really didn't-"

"So you don't have a date?"

"I d-d...wha..uh,"

"Me too,"

"I don't think I had going with anyone in mind," Brendon said, nervousness evident in his voice.

"This isn't prom Samantha," I replied for poor Brendon. "You don't have to have a date for this Christmas party. We're all practically family anyways,"

"I guess you didn't hear the news," Samanthacackled laughed. I sighed and turned around.

"What are you talking about wench?" I asked exasperatedly.

"Everyone in Massachusetts knows about this party. Uncle David, Uncle Greggory, and Steven told everyone at Damien's play about our party. It seems the whole state is interested in coming. No clue why," Samantha said picking her nails.

I looked at Brendon nervously. He also looked shocked.

And quite angry.

Image

"God dammit!" Brendon shouted as he paced around the room.

"Bren-"

"EVERYONE?!" He yelled in fury.

"Hun-"

"IT'S GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING!"

"What do you mean?"

"There's a reason I make sure people don't come here," He said angrily.

"What? I thought people just got scared on their own accord," I shook my head.

"Don't be naive Jon," Brendon spat. "I chased them out myself!"

I...couldn't breathe.

"Wha-why?" I stammered in utter shock.

"Why the hell would I want people to come here? This is my house. I'm the owner! They have no right!!" Brendon screamed in anger. He reached formy the tea table and flipped it over, sending it flying past myself and crashing against the armoire.

I sat frozen on the couch, feet tucked in.

That was too close for comfort.

Brendon kept pacing the room in anger, looking like a fly could send him to tear the house down.

"Brendon," My voice cracked slightly.

I was scared.

Brendon glanced at me and then took a double take. His eyes widened.

He sighed and approached me. I reeled in automatically.

Brendon stiffened, his face falling immediately.

With a hard look, he forced my eyes to meet his, grabbing my chin.

"I don't want you to ever be scared of me," he said softly, yet firmly. I nodded nervously.

"Jon," He pleaded, his voice softening even more. I was shaking slightly.

He almost threw the table at me.

"You almost hit me," I gasped.

"Shit. Jonny. Baby," He pleaded and I shook my head and looked away trying not to cry.

How embarrassing.

I could feel Brendon clutching my hand and open it, palm out.

Suddenly my hand was hitting something. My head snapped to see Brendon taking my hand and slapping himself across the cheek repeatedly. His eyes were boring into mine sorrowfully.

I wrenched my hand out of his and latched onto him.

He hugged me back with more force.

"I'm so sorry Jonny," he said kissing my shoulder in apology. "I- I don't ever want to scare you. You mean the world to me,"

"I blame Samantha," I sniffed. "She's just as smart as the stuff you scoop out of a pumpkin."

Image

"What are you doing?" I asked Brendon as he was staring intently at the child across from him.

"Sh," Brendon ordered. My eyebrows shot straight up.

Even though he didn't look away from the six year old, Brendon added, "Please?"

"Go help Billy Jeff with the tarp outside Caleb," I ordered the boy. The small blonde stood up, adjusted his baseball cap and walked away from the ghost.

"I totally just owned that staring contest," Brendon said cockily and sat back comfortably.

"Did Caleb know that you were having a staring contest?"

"..Maybe..." Brendon said shifty-eyed.

"Bren, I need a favor," I pleaded.

"Uhm. No,"

"Brendon!"

"I am NOT going to ask Lulu if she showered today! You know it yourself that even if she did, she'd shower with a dead badger!"

"Hmph!" Aunt Lulu turned on her heel and stalked out of the parlor we were sitting in.

Brendon shrugged.

"I hope you're not going to give her that perfume set, she's being really moody,"

"Brendon. Come on! I need your help!" I begged.

Brendon sighed over-dramatically and patted his lap. I smiled wide and pranced over to him, plopping myself gently on his legs. Brendon rested one hand on my back.

"Tell Brenny-Boo what you want baby," Brendon demanded in a falsetto voice.

"I need you to check what Samantha is wearing tonight,"

"..."

"Bren?"

"No."

"Brendon!"

"Jon! NO!"

I sighed angrily and stood up with a huff, stalking away from my "friend".

How dare he deny my better-yet-slightly-evil-and-selfish judgment!

I know best!

..For...myself!

Stupid ghost and his stupid ghost boyish tolerance and his stupid defiance against his stupid rights to being stupidly-

"JON! You've walked right over the psycho line! You need a new adjective," Brendon shouted at me.

"Does that mean you'll do it?" I asked giddily.

Brendon sighed heavily.

I squealed and hugged him.

"Ahem!"

I let go of Brendon to roll my eyes at the prissy girl herself walking into the parlor.

"Please Genviève! Don't be so...clingy. It's kind of skanky," Samantha huffed.

"Take your own advice hoebag!" I yelled at her. Brendon laughed.

"God, you're so blunt!" Brendon barked out happily.

"Why don't you be a good guest and fetch me a glass of water and some pain relievers. Your hideous sense of fashion is giving me a migraine," Samantha groaned.

"Doesn't matter since you'll puke it back up anyways, princess," I snapped and started walking towards the kitchen.c

I rummaged around for some anti-pain relievers and a water bottle. Not even gone for a second, when I returned Samantha was gone.

But so was Brendon.

"Uh oh," I said out loud. Not too long after hearing a clunk from the foyer.

The piano.

I sped-walked to the foyer to see an uncomfortable Brendon inching away from a hovering Samantha.

"Can't keep your legs closed for five seconds," I shouted as I thrust the water and pills into her hand.

"You're a gem," She winked prissily.

"And you're a brick. Now get lost,"

Image

"I don't want to watch this anymore," I stated and changed the channel.

"Hey!" Brendon protested.

"Is for horses,"

"Oh my GAWD. That joke is older than I am!"

"Which isn't that old," Samantha sauntered over smoothly and placed herself next to Brendon.

"Eheh...yeah," Brendon muttered.

"Should you have some work in the kitchen wench? Or cleaning a toilet bowl? Or leaning over one?" I asked, not allowing my eyes to leave the screen.

"So what are we watching?" I heard her disregard my question completely.

"Were. Some crap show that Brendon use to watch when he was a baby. Puff the Magic Yeti of some sort,"

"Puff the Magic Yeti?!" Brendon shrieked clutching his knees. "That's INGENIOUS!"

Samantha didn't look pleased.

"I'm sure the title was better originally," She remarked snidfully.

"PUFF THE MAAAGIC YEEETTIII, LIVED INNN TIBEETT! AND FROLICKED IN THE WINTER SNOW IN YOUR BABY'S SILHOUETTE!"

"Creative, Bren. Really,"
♠ ♠ ♠
I fucking hate fillers.

But next post is Christmas party! Woooohooo!

Another filler. But probably more exciting.