Jinxed Things Ringing

Laying on the Ballroom Couch

"Genviève!"

"Mmmph,"

"Genviève.."

"MMmmm," I reach up to clutch my head. I could feel my eyes twitch underneath the lids. I lifted my head slowly.

"Whoa, whoa...easy," the person, who I believed to be Damien, said. I slowly lifted myself up and was propped against Damien's chest.

"What..." I said slowly clutching my throbbing head. "What happened?"

"You tell me," Damien said. "Do you feel dizzy? Do you know what day it is?"

"Yes, yes...it's Saturday," I say. I become more aware of where we are. I quickly sat up.

"Damien," I whispered. I clutched his shirt and brought him closer to me. "Damien..I saw...I..."

"Whoa there. Saw what? What's wrong?" Damien asked holding my hands that were clutching his collar. I looked around frantically. I sighed.

"Nothing...I thought.." I closed my eyes.

"What did you see Genviève?" Damien asked narrowing his eyes.

"N-nothing...I thought I saw a spider...and slipped," I say holding my forehead. Damien glared at me.

"Are you serious?" Damien scoffed. I glared at him.

"Fuck you! Next time I see that spider I'll be like 'Hey huge, hairy, crawly, spiny sucker! My name is Genviève and my brother Damien is sleeping. Would you like to see his nostril?!' " I shouted.

"Ok...ok..let's just get out of here," Damien said.

A huge clang echoed through the bathroom. Damien and I jumped. My heart pounded.

"It's just the shower head..it fell..." Damien said inspecting the tub. I nodded

"What time is it?" I asked as he helped me up.

"It's still daytime..you probably were out for an hour or so," Damien said.

"I have to clean the furniture," I sighed. Damien smirked.

We both headed to the foyer.

"Genviève! What happened to your head!" Ma said rushing to me inspecting my face. I struggled away.

"Ma, I'm fine," I say moving out of her embrace.

"Do you want to go, dear?" Ma asks.

The front door slams shut forcefully. I whip my head to the door, along with everyone else in the room. I eye it suspiciously.

"No..." I say slowly. "I'll stay, I have to clean the furniture still,"

"Ok...if you feel up to it," Ma says stalking away mockingly. I sigh. I decide to work on the main parlor...which is directly to the right if you're standing in the foyer.

I remove the drapery and fold it up. Pushing it to the car, I stash it in the trunk.

"Oh...these have to go," I say removing the lace curtains.

The piano in the foyer clinked a bit. I turned to face it. Nothing was there.

I continued to delicately remove the dirty lace curtains. The curtain pole above me falls, I gasp and duck barely moving out of the way. My shoulder is hit however and I fall off the chair I'm balancing on and onto the floor with the pole.

I groan and clutch my shoulder.

"What the fuck!" I angrily stand up and shout to the ceiling. "I know you're fucking there!" I yell. "So just quit!"

I sigh angrily and rub my shoulder. I take my place back on the chair and slowly take the lace curtains off. The curtains are suddenly tugged out of my hands and onto the floor. I'm seething now.

"You're fucking upset about the curtains?!" I say clenching my teeth. "I'm fucking replacing them with the same clean ones you jackass! These are too dirty to keep up!"

I fall into the chair angrily and let my head fall into my hands.

I look up and see the lace curtains. But they're neatly folded up. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah," I huff. I proceed to take down all the curtains without disturbance.

Soon I'm done cleaning the parlor and all I have to do is let everything dry from the shampoo.

"Ma!" I yell.

"Yes??" she asks.

"Can I take the car?" I yell back to the ceiling. There's silence for a moment.

"...Okay..."

The door slowly opens by itself for me. I smile a little.

"Thank you," I say and head out of the house.

Image

I return back to the house the next morning early- about 5 AM. I open the door and peer through. The house is mostly clean. Just two more hallways need to be cleaned. I once and I while get back to the parlor-

but today I putting up the finishing touches. Dragging the heavy drapes into the now spotless foyer, I closed the door behind me.

Over the couple of days, every time somebody mentions about "leaving" some noises or things would break. I knew it was him...whoever he was.

"Hello!" I called out to the empty house. In less than five minutes I felt a chill on my arm. I smiled and look to my left. Nothing was there-

Yet...I knew he was..

"Do you think you could help me carry these into the parlor?" I asked him looking directly to my left and a little up. I'd always imagine what he'd look like. Tall- no doubt. I remember that, when I ran into him a month ago. But besides that; I was always thinking Tall, Dark, and Handsome.

I felt my hands go loose and I...I mean we carried the huge bundle into the parlor. I looked around.

"Here's good," I say and we slowly set it down. "How was your morning?" I asked, while pulling my hair back in an elastic band. Something I would always do when I would get to work.

My hair was flicked around, and I giggled while smoothing it out.

Sometimes he would respond, other times he would just use movement to get his point across. Either way- I was getting use to his company...well not exactly. But at least I wasn't freaking out.

I yawned.

"Sleepy?"

I nodded. "It's really early...around 5," I say.

"Why are you here?"

I smile. He's talkative today.

"Well..." I say as I remove the plastic covering off the drapery itself. "I wanted to get everything set up today. Doesn't the room look cleaner?" I ask gesturing the parlor with a sweep of my hand.

The couch was shifted a bit back. I rolled my eyes.

"Perfectionist," I muttered.

A chuckle.

As I was hanging up the drapery and curtains...I started talking to myself.

"The light hits...the...room very...beautifully," I say hopping off the couch. I look up at my work. It's amazing.

"It's about to rise..."

I close my eyes. His voice makes it seem like he's in the room with me. When I opened my eyes I saw the light slowly creeping upon the room.

It cascaded leaving strips of sunshine in the room. I followed it.

In between the glimmer of the rays...I saw him...

I gasped and stiffened.

His figure shimmered slightly in the sunshine.

Image

"Genviève..."

"Ouch..." I muttered. I touched my forehead. Greeeeeaaat. "I just recovered from that," I moaned.

A chuckle.

My eyes shot open. I sat straight up.

I was laying on the couch. When I sat up, there he was. Sitting near near my legs.

When I sat up, our faces were nearly breaths apart. My eyelids dipped a bit.

I reached up to touch his face, instinctively.

Our lips touched.

And I felt him...
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like the chapters are getting shorter...

I think it's because I feel the need to leave you all in suspense. Haha.

Yeah...sorry about that. :/