His Little Drummer Girl

Milton Keynes

"You don't know how much I missed you either," he said. "I felt actually physically sick when I couldn't find you."

"You moved on though," I said. "Married twice and had children by them. What are they like?" He knew I didn't mean it vindictively. Of course he had to move on he couldn't wait around for me for the rest of his life. Had I moved on? No. I still lived in hope and my life was sad because of it.

"They're wonderful," he said. "I see them as often as I can and I have a good relationship with their mothers. We get on for the kids' sakes. I'd like you to meet them one day."

"May be I will," I answered.

Then he suddenly leant over and asked, "Please let me kiss you. I want to remember what it was like."

How could I refuse? "Go right ahead, I'm not going to stop you," I laughed. He bent towards me and his soft, strong lips met mine.

Francesca woke as she thought she heard voices...

"Who the hell is Mum talking to?" she thought sleepily to herself. "Must be the TV."

"No," she finally thought sitting up in bed. That's mum and someone else.

Francesca got out of bed and wandered over to the crack in the door. As her eyes adjusted to the light she noticed mum and someone on the sofa. Whoever it was, was kissing her. You could hear their lips sucking and smacking and mum was moaning a bit. My god, its Tre Cool! What the hell is Tre Cool doing kissing my mum.

Francesca was shaking and felt cold all over and felt like crying. Surely mum wasn't going to sleep with him. That's like a one night stand. That's awful. How can she do that? It's cheap. Please mum don't do it even though it is Tre Cool.

She went over to the bed that Charlie was in. "Charlie, Charlie," she said, "wake up. I need a hug."

Charlie rolled over and threw back the bed covers and Francesca got in...

*Sammi and Tre on the sofa*

I'm kissing Tre again and it's wonderful. Better pull myself together. "Tre! Stop" I said quite reluctantly. "We cant. I cant"

"Why?" said Tre sitting up.

"I'm sorry," I said "It's not that I don't want to," I said reassuring him. "I don't think it's appropriate right now".

"I understand," said Tre, looking over towards the kids' bedroom.

We sat together for a while kissing and touching each others faces. Suddenly Tre said, "Come with me back to America. Let's be together Sammi. You, me and blue eyes."

"I'm not sure," I said. Shit he wants us. I can't believe this is happening. I wasn't ready and he's taken me by surprise. There was still stuff he had to know.

"Please Sammi just do it. I think we've got something here, don't lets lose each other again," He said, looking pleadingly into my eyes.

"Tre, I know how you feel, but I've made my life here. I've looked after Francesca and myself for so long. Her life is here, her friends, school. Look you lead such a different life to us. You're probably a millionaire for fuck's sake!"

"OK, OK I get the picture," said Tre. "And just for the record, I'm a multi-millionaire," he said, sticking his tongue out. Always the joker. He stood up.

"Maybe you just don't want to be with me enough. Look it's getting late. I need some sleep as we've got one hell of a weekend ahead of us."

Tre's eyes looked sad but be still bent and kissed my nose. "I wish I could turn the clock back," he said and then he touched my face. As he reached the door he turned to me and said "Oh yeah, forgot to tell you - nice ass!" he said with a cheeky grin. I threw a cushion at him and then he was gone.

I tossed and turned all night my mind going over everything. I couldn't believe I'd turned him down when really all I've ever wanted was to be with him.

I wanted to sleep but morning had arrived and I heard Francesca and Charlie out in the Living Room.

"Hi guys," I said. I see you are all dressed and ready. You look absolutely gorgeous," I said looking at Francesca. I don't think she realized how beautiful she was. She mumbled a "Morning," and carried on looking at the TV.

Franky's POV

Mum looks really tired. I wonder why. Did Tre keep her awake all night? I looked over at Charlie and couldn't believe that we had slept in the same bed last night, all night. We had kissed and cuddled but nothing more. Charlie's hands started to wander and I got a bit scared even though a part of me wanted him to carry on. I wish I could talk to mum but don't really want to after I saw her with Tre last night.

Back to Sammi

The day was blisteringly hot, so typically not an English day. They've brought their Californian weather with them, I thought. I love them. The plan was that we were all heading off by helicopter to Milton Keynes to get ready for the gig.

"I've never been in a helicopter before," I said to Adrienne nervously. "Will we all fit in?"

"Of course. There are eight seats, plenty of room for all." She looked at me and touched my hand. "Did Tre come to your room last night?" She was very open and I blushed.

"Yes. Nothing happened though and I still haven't told him and don't think I will until their gig is over."

"OK," she said. "I'm here if you want to talk."

I'd grown very fond of Adrienne in such a very short time, a lovely lady who had time for everyone. I knew she really missed her kids but felt she should be with Billie as often as possible. She was always on the phone to them for ages and sometimes when she came off the phone was very quiet. She didn't travel everywhere Billie went, only sometimes when they thought they needed to spend time together. "It's very difficult" Adrienne had said to me. "It's not really an average relationship. We spend abnormally long times apart and then abnormally long times together. I'm used to it and Billie wouldn't be Billie if he didn't have his Green Day."

On the helicopter ride Francesca was quite scared but she wasn't sitting near me. Mike sat in the seat next to her and I noticed that he took care of her real well. She loved Mike. In fact she loved them all and I couldn't blame her.

The guys started laughing about the old days when we were together. "Sammi do you remember the time when Billie caught his nose ring on his guitar and he was bleeding all over the place? You ended up bathing his nose all night, waiting for it to heal up. Mike and I went off to bed and left you. When we came down there was about fifty bits of tissue covered in blood."

"I remember," I said. "I wanted him to go to hospital but he was having none of it."

Then they started going on about Tre's 'down below' story.

"What 'down below' story?" said Sammi.

"You mean you don't know?" said Billie, stunned.

"Do we really have to have the 'down below' story?" said Adrienne.

"Yeah," shouted Billie and Mike together
"No," said Tre, cringing.
"Tell me!" I said.

"Its nothing," said Tre. "I fell off the stage and lets just say that my 3-piece suite now only consists of a sofa and an armchair." Everyone laughed.

I was shocked. "Did you have to have an operation? Was one damaged? Tell me?"

"Stop! I don't want to talk about my balls anymore. Everything is fine. At least I know I can make babies," He laughed looking at me.

"Wow - can you see that," said Charlie. "Look at all those people down there."

Everyone looked.

"Jeez," said Tre. "They have come just for us. Those lovely lovely people buy all our records."

"There's thousands of them," said Mike.
"Exactly 60,000," said Billie.
"Trust you to know," Adrienne said playfully

The helicopter swooped low over the crowd and the roar that came from them was immense. Francesca was nearly sick with excitement of it all and the helicopter ride.

"You guys rock!" said Tre pressing his face against the window and making faces whilst looking out at his fans.

The helicopter landed in a nearby field.

"Let's go get 'em guys," said Billie unstrapping his belt.

The three of them hi-fived and we all got out of the helicopter...