His Little Drummer Girl

Staying or Going

In Sammi's bedroom.
"Fuck me!" said Tre in surprise and entering the room.
"Not now," I managed to say half laughing and sitting up and realising why he said that. As I looked down to see I was only wearing my best underwear set. At least it was the best set. He couldn't hide the fact he was looking, that was Tre. Then he came and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Nice ass!" he said having a good look.

"How are you feeling?" he asked
"Loads better. Really hungry now," I said.
"I'll get you something sent in. Only you could get sunstroke in England," he started laughing and pretended to mock fall off the bed, pissing himself laughing.

"Piss off," I said. "Know all."
"Can I lay next to you?" he said. "It's alright, I won't touch you."
"Oh just get in will you," I answered.
"Bloody hell you are hot," he said touching my head. "Can I touch anywhere else to see if you are hot all over?"
I dug him in the ribs.
"You haven't changed you know?" I said.
"You have," he answered.
I was surprised. "In what way?"
"You're not as relaxed as you used to be. You were a bit more carefree then. You need to lighten up."
"And what's your idea of lightening up, following you halfway round the world and dragging my daughter god knows where," I said.
"Sorry I spoke," said Tre. "Look, what are we going to do?"
"What do you mean?" I asked, knowing full well what he meant.
"About us?" said Tre.
"Is there an us?" I replied.
"Do you want there to be an us?" he asked.
"I think so," I said.
"Well then," Tre said.
"I don't know," I said.
"See." Said Tre.
"See what?" I asked.
"Never mind." He said.
"Fine." I replied.

This wasn't getting us anywhere.

"Tre this conversation isn't going anywhere. You want me to come away with you but I'm not sure. Its as simple as that." I said

"It is for you," answered Tre. "I just want you with me. End of story."

"I know you do and you are really special to me...but..."

"But what?"

"There is Francesca to consider."

"She'll jump at the chance," said Tre.

"She's 13, she doesn't know what she wants."

"Neither does her mother."

My head started hurting and I had to lay down. Tre laid down to and we faced each other.
"What time is the car coming to get you in the morning?" Tre asked.
"10am I think."
"We'll be gone by then," Tre said.
"Really?" I was slightly shocked and felt sick. I still hadn't told Tre my news.
"Yes we're going about 9:30 am to catch a flight home. We're home for a couple of weeks as we've got some interviews and photoshoots to do."

"Tre?" I asked.
"MMMM," he said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Please leave me your phone number and address, but make sure that I don't put it into my jeans pocket and if you take mine don't put it into the luggage!"

We laughed together for ages not knowing how long it would be before we were together again.

"Is this goodbye then?" I said.

"Well no," said Tre "That's tomorrow, but shall we have our own private goodbye now?"

He kissed me sweetly and passionately. "There is one more thing." Tre said cheekily. "Can I kiss your tattoo?" he asked.

I let him.

After he'd gone I have never felt so lonely. They were all going tomorrow, my friends. Adrienne, Billie, Mike and Tre. My Tre. I loved him so much. Why couldn't I just say I'd go with him. Why?

The next day...
It was awful. Absolutely awful. Francesca and Charlie were in a foul mood as their weekend was at an end. I felt sick wondering when I would see them all again, especially Tre. Adrienne was running about like a headless chicken as Joseph was ill apparently and she was taking it out on Billie Joe and wanted to get home fast. Mike was pacing about as he hated flying such a long way and Tre was really quiet.

The guys were called to their car. Mike came over and bear-hugged us all as usual. This time Francesca had the confidence to say "Mike, you hurt when you do that." He laughed and tickled her.

Billie and Adrienne came over and gave us all hugs, Billie's hair still tickling our faces.

Tre and I had said our proper goodbyes last night but he came over again as they were called to go to their car.

"Hey!" he said. "Blue eyes and Blue eyes' mum. My best ladies give me a hug." We had a little group hug thing, just the three of us. It was wonderful and I wanted to cry out 'look I've changed my mind, don't go. We're your family. Take us! Take us with you!' I knew I'd left it too late and I still hadn't told him about Francesca.

"Bye lovely ladies. Have a safe journey home. Now you've got my phone numbers etc. in your phone, haven't you Franky?" That was the first time he had called her that.

"Yes," said Francesca. "I sure have."

"You have my permission to call me any time you want," said Tre looking at her and winking. It looked like they shared a little secret. I didn't mind one bit.

"Oh I nearly forgot. Some gifts for you". He went over to the luggage and came back with a package for each of us. It was obviously that the kids had photos. Mine was smaller but looked like a photo too.

"And you," he said coming over. "Take care of yourself you stubborn minx." He bent and kissed my cheek and whispered. "I love you - you're still my extraordinary girl you know." Nobody else heard. The next thing we were all hurriedly saying goodbye to them and then they were saying "let's get the fuck out of here" and were gone. It was just me, Francesca and Charlie waiting for our car to take us home. Was it home? My home could have been with Tre. It should be. I knew that now.

"Excuse me a minute kids," I said to them. They looked fed up.

I went off to the ladies room locked myself in the cubicle and cried...