His Little Drummer Girl

Kiss My Drumstick

Sammy's POV

"Who the hell is that?" I thought all bleary eyed after being woken up by a knock at the door. "It's Saturday, doesn't anyone rest?"

Grabbing my robe, I head off downstairs knowing my hair is all over the place but not giving a damn.

There is a massive bunch of red roses at the door and behind them this poor guy straining under the weight.

"Are you Sammi?" asked the voice from behind the flowers.
"That's me," I answered.
"Well, these are for you," he said, handing them over, relieved to be ridded of them.
"Thanks very much," I say, taking them. He's right, they are heavy.
"Oh, and here's a note to go with them," he said, getting a small envelope out of his pocket.
"I hope you've got enough vases," he said, laughing and walking back to his van.

I took the flowers into the Kitchen, laid them on the table and opened the envelope.

To the Extraordinary girl with the sexy undies! A little birdie told me that you love red roses, so I thought I'd send you some so that you can remember me. I really miss you and can't wait to see you again. Kiss my drumstick! All my love. Tre xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Kiss my drumstick!" What are you like, Mr. Tre Cool. Very cool indeed. The flowers were actually so gorgeous they must have cost a fortune. Blood red and velvety. I started touching them. I didn't want to spoil the display, so I left them on the table while I filled the kettle and kept glancing over at the flowers.

After reading the card for a second time, I thought I'd best get them into water. The guy was right. I only had two small vases. What could I use. I hunted around the cupboards and came up with this silver ice bucket thing. I put the flowers in that and took them through to the living room. They looked great and smelt fabulous.

"Morning Mum," said Francesca, coming downstairs. "You look happy."
"Well come and look at these," I said to her. "Tre sent them. What are you doing telling him I like red roses? How did that conversation come about?"
"Oh, I said you were a little down after the weekend and he asked what flowers you like. Didn't think he'd send a whole flower shop full though. Most men would probably only buy one single red rose."
"Yeah, well Tre isn't like most men," I said with a dreamy thought. You do know how to cheer me up Mr. T.C.

After breakfast I was desperate to contact Tre but thought he would probably in bed as it was 8 hours behind in California. so I decided to send him a text message instead.

HI TRE. THK U SO VERY MUCH FOR THE FLOWERS. IVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY RED ROSES ALL IN ONE PLACE. THEY R LOVELY AND IT WAS SO KIND OF YOU. HOPE U R WELL. I MISS U. CANT WAIT TO C U WEN U COME TO SCOTLAND. I MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL U.
P.S. YES I WILL KISS YOUR DRUMSTICK! BUT NOT YET. LUV & KISSES FROM SAMMI XXXXXXXXX


I sent the message off and went to get ready for the day.

Jen and I were sitting at the table when Francesca came into the room.

"You're not letting her go out like that?" said Jen, looking over at Francesca.
"Of course Jen, that's what they all wear," I said, pouring out an ice-cold glass of white wine.
"But she's...gorgeous."
"I know, don't sound surprised. she comes from good genes," I said, laughing
"That's scary," said Jen. "It'll be boys next."
"Well little Charlie next door seems to have a crush on her already," I said.
"What, not little Charlie with the golden blonde curls that used to come around here?"
"Yep that's him. but he's dark blonde now and when he gels it up to look like Tre Cool there are no curls."
"You can't go an evening without mentioning his name can you?" said Jen.
"Sorry," I said, pouring myself some wine and then putting some peanuts into a bowl, walking into the living room. "I have decided to go and live with him, you know."
"I know, and I hope it all works out for you," she said kindly.
"We're going now then, Mum," shouted Francesca from the hallway. "We'll be back by midnight, promise."
"OK love," said Sammi, getting up to say goodbye. "You look lovely. Be careful. You have your mobile if you need me. Stay with Charlie and come home together."
"Oh mum," she said. "Love you," and with that she was gone.

Going back into the room I asked Jen about Peter.

"What are you and Peter going to do?" I asked Jen.
"I really don't think we are going to last," she said. "I think we are only staying together for the boys sake. Not good, I know, but it's difficult with kids as you well know."
"Tell me about it," I said, pouring out another glass of wine and settling down for the evening.

Francesca could feel Josh Street's eyes on her when she entered the room. She knew she looked good in what she was wearing. Charlie looked good too. His hair was exactly how Tre would do his. Did he show him how to style it last weekend?

Josh came over and asked her if she would like a drink. She opened her bag and took out a bottle of vodka that she had sneaked out of the house.

"Franky!" said Charlie. "What are you doing with that. Did you ask your mum?"
"Don't be daft. You always have to bring a bottle of something to a party, it's only polite and this is all I could find."
"Excellent," said Josh. "Let's go and get something to put in it, shall we?" and with that they were gone.
Charlie looked about him and decided to follow them out to the Kitchen.
"Orange Juice or Cola?" said Josh, pouring out what looked like a very strong vodka.
"Er, orange Juice please," said Franky. He looks quite handsome tonight. He looks even more like Billie Joe with that black shirt on.

Charlie poured himself a diet cola and left the kitchen. He couldn't stand watching Franky look at Josh Street all night.

She took the drink and drank some down. It was very strong but she tried not to let it show.

"I like your outfit," said Josh, looking her up and down. "I didn't realize you had such long legs. I'm so used to seeing you in trousers and converse boots all the time."

"Thought I'd make an effort for this evening." God his eyes were really quite like Billie Joe's.

"Your eyes are amazing," said Josh, "what color are they?"
"They're like a blueish grey. Tre Cool calls me blue eyes."
"You're not talking about him again are you?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, it's all you've been talking about at the park all week. I think everyone is getting fed up listening to it."
"Oh, I'm sorry," said Francesca, blushing. "I had such a cool weekend and I like talking about it."
"Don't worry," said Josh, gently. "Fancy another drink?"
"OK then," said Franky, not really wanting to but not really caring either.
"I'm just going to the ladies room," said Franky, "Won't be a minute." She felt slightly light headed as she left the kitchen but she quite liked that feeling.

Charlie was in the hall chatting to some kids from school. As she started making her way upstairs Franky tripped up on the bottom step and Charlie rushed over.
"You OK?" he said.
"Yep, just not used to wearing these shoes," Franky giggled.
"When you want to leave, just let me know. I'm ready when you are," he said.
"Not ready yet, just starting to enjoy myself," she said.

Charlie looked up at her as she went upstairs. 'I hope she doesn't drink any of that vodka that she brought tonight,' he thought to himself.

Franky was on her third vodka when Josh asked her to dance. There was a couple of slow dances on and of course she said yes. 'My head is swimming a little but I quite like this feeling.' She liked being held close to Josh. Is this what it would be like with Billie Joe. Josh's hard chest pressed against hers. He felt all warm and secure. She liked secure. She liked Billie Joe.

Charlie was watching them from the doorway. He was sure that Franky had been drinking but didn't know what to do. He glanced at his watch. 10.55. They only had about an hour left anyway. He decided to go off and find Liam, the boy he had got chatting to about Green Day. 'I'm sure Franky will be fine,' he thought to himself.

"Do you fancy going outside to get some air?" said Josh to Franky.
"Yes, it is getting rather hot in here," she said, her face flushed from the heat of the room and also the alcohol that she wasn't used to.

The night air was cool and they both went to sit on a garden bench. Josh put his arm around her and then started kissing her on the lips. 'Mmmm this was nice,' thought Francesca. Me and Billie Joe are sitting romantically in the garden, kissing. I like this.

"Nice kiss," said Josh.
"Thanks," said Francesca. She suddenly felt slightly giddy and sick.
"Hey, you OK?" Josh asked
"Not bad, just a little light headed," said Francesca.
"Here how about you take one of these?" Josh said holding out his hand with two tablets in. "I know you've had them before. You got them from Green Day didn't you?" he said.
Francesca glanced at the sweets knowing she'd seen them before, but not knowing where. God she felt dizzy and sick. May have to call Charlie in a minute, as it must be time to go home soon. I'll just take these tablets first and then tell Billie Joe that I should be going.
Josh handed her the tablets, took one for him and gave her two. He then handed her the Vodka and Orange to swig down the tablets with. She took both of them.

"There you go. You'll feel much better when they kick in." said Josh, smiling and looking at her legs.
"Thanks," said Francesca.

"Franky? You out here?" a voice came from the house. "We really should be going soon."

Charlie looked over and saw them on the bench and was really worried.

"Come on Franky we've got to go," he said, going over to them.
"Butt out kid," said Josh, "go and play with your train set."
"Franky," said Charlie "listen to me. Your mum will be mad if you don't come home soon. Please."
Charlie thought Franky looked weird and he panicked. 'I'm going to have to go home without you,' he thought.

Francesca was aware of Charlie but couldn't answer him. Suddenly she felt really weird. She wanted to speak but nothing came out. She had no coordination and she felt really hot and sick. Everything was swimming around her. Billie Joe was next to her wasn't he? No. Yes. He'd kissed her hadn't he? She could no longer hear Charlie calling for her. She looked round and saw Billie Joe's face swimming before her eyes then everything went black...