His Little Drummer Girl

A surprise visitor

Mike, who was usually so calm was in quite a bit of a state. "Sammi please get Tre. If anyone gets to know I'm involved in this accident in some way then the press will find out and they'll have a field day"

After explaining to Tre I handed the phone over so he could speak to his old buddy. I went off to quickly get showered and dressed.

When I came down 20 minutes later Tre was still speaking to Mike.

"Look Mike you've got to stay calm. I'll be over" and then he replaced the receiver.

"What the hell do we do?" I said to Tre. "Where's Jen?"
"Jen's at the hospital"
"City Hospital?" I asked
"Yep the very same. Lets get a taxi over to the hospital. I'll leave you there to see Jen and Francesca and then I'll go on to the hotel to see Mike," he said
"OK, I'll call a taxi"
While Sammi phoned for a cab Tre ran upstairs to put some clothes on.
'Fucking Hell Mike' he thought. 'You're a stupid bastard getting involved with a married woman. What are you playing at?'

The taxi dropped Sammi off at the hospital and then Tre carried on to the hotel.

Sammi asked at the hospital reception where she would find her sister. They checked on their computer system. The mortuary.

It was cold, as expected in the mortuary waiting area. As Sammi approached she could already see Jen. Sitting, hunched over sobbing.
"Sammi" Jen looked up and saw her sister approach. "It's just so awful. What am I to do?"
Sammi put her arms around her sister. It was now her doing the comforting.
"Oh Jen. I don't know. We'll have to sit down and talk about this. What exactly happened?"
"I told Peter last night that it was over and that I wanted a divorce. It's been over for ages and I couldn't keep on trying and making an effort any more. I made the mistake of telling him I loved Mike. I should have just left it at that."
"Do you?" Sammi asked
"Do I What?"
"Love Mike?"
"Yes. I do love Mike," she said looking down at her hands and crumpling her tissue up
"Oh Jen" I said shocked
"I know. I'm not proud of myself. I'm a married woman."

"Anyway I told him I was going to stay the night at a hotel. I didn't realise he had followed me. It was one of the most expensive hotels in London and he must have put two and two together and obviously guessed I was with Mike. Anyway Mike was comforting me in bed and then the door bursts open and there's Peter. He was shouting and screaming the place down. He almost hit Mike but when Mike got out of bed and Peter saw how tall he was he backed off. Mike just got out of bed and stood there totally naked in front of him. I think that was what really pissed him off. He said I'd be sorry for doing this to him and then stormed out."

"I quickly threw some clothes on and ran after him but it was too late. He had an accident just along from the hotel. Drove straight into the back of a bus. There were witnesses who said he didn't seem to use his brakes, just drove straight into the back of the thing. Oh my God Sammi, what do I tell the boys?" she looked scared stiff.
"They don't need to know all the details Jen do they?" I said
"But they might find out about me and Mike"
"How?" I questioned
"They'll definitely find out if the press gets hold of it. That's what Mike's worried about. Not for his sake but the kids and mine. I think Mike's going to fly off early to Scotland today just to get away. We think its best that we are not in contact for a while.
"Yes if you just stay away from Mike for a bit then no-one will notice he's involved. Jen I'm so sorry about all this" and gave her a hug.
"So am I. I'd planned to go to California with Mike. Now my plans will have to change for a bit"
"You mean you were planning on going to live with him?" I asked quite shocked
"Yes. I've wasted too much time on a failed marriage. I'd decided to go with Mike and take the children. Now I feel like a selfish bitch. I didn't think it would turn out like this."
You can still go" I said.
"No. Not yet. There I things to do now. I have to tell the boys and there is the funeral to arrange". She stood up and I helped her to the front of the hospital so that she could get a taxi home. Poor Jen.

I watched the taxi disappear then went off to see Francesca. She had a visitor...

Francescas POV

I'd just got back to the room after freshening myself up, put on my ipod real loud and the door opened but I didn't look up as I thought it was a nurse coming in to check me over again. Then I heard his voice.
"Hey kiddo!" it was Billie Joe
I blushed bright red and immediately my thoughts went to my hospital gown. Were my boobs showing again?
"Billie!" I said. "What are you doing here?"
"Seeing you of course dumbo" he said coming over and planting a kiss on my cheek. They must be burning hot I thought.
"Where is everybody?" he said
"They should be here soon." I suddenly felt embarrassed about being on my own with Billie. After all the thoughts and feelings I had about him it was as if he could read my mind but then I thought I was just being silly how could he know how I feel.

"How are you feeling?" he said sitting down beside me. He looked so out of place sitting here in this room. So rock star.
"I'm loads better thanks," I said
"You had a hell of a lot of us worried sick you know," he said. "Adi was real worried."
"I know and I feel bad about it. I should have known better especially after what you told me at Milton Keynes"
"Put it all behind you and look forward babe" he said matter of fact. "Shit happens."
"I will. How are Adi and the kids"?
"They are great. They're all staying at home for a couple of weeks. Hey, don't know if you know but I've got a feeling you'll be coming out to California for a holiday real soon. I think your Mom is planning for you to spend the whole of the school holidays out there. Six weeks isn't it? But don't let on I told you. He said tapping his nose
"I won't. Oh look. Here's mum now" I said.

Billie Joe got up to greet Sammi. "Hey stranger" Sammi said giving Billie Joe a huge hug. God mum. How could you? That's Billie Joe Armstrong I thought. How can you be so calm and just walk up to him and hug him like that?

"Francesca I've got some bad news for you" said Mum coming over towards me. "It's about your Uncle Peter, I'm afraid he was killed in a road accident last night. Auntie Jen is in a bit of a state and the boys don't know yet."

"Poor Auntie Jen" I said.
"Fucking hell" said Billie Joe. "Has anyone got any good news round here do you think?"
"Well I think I have" said Mum looking at me
"What's that?" I ask
"Well how about you and me take a trip to California for the summer holiday. Tre has invited us. It'll help you recover"
"I'd love it mum" I said excitedly
Billie Joe looked over at me and winked... .
I blushed. "I can't wait"...