His Little Drummer Girl

Sammi's Insecurities

California

Franky's POV

Oh my fucking god! It is so hot, the sky is bright blue and I'm loving it already. They had just left the airport and were driving along in Tre's car. It is like this big people carrier type thing with blackened windows. It is so cold in the car as the air conditioning is on full blast. Outside it is really bright and hot and I can't wait to get to Tre's house. We were staying there for six weeks. Mum told me on the plane that I had my very own room and that Tre had a huge garden with a swimming pool. Well he would do, he's rich I thought.

Sammis POV

I can't help but look over at the man driving us home to his house. Driving his family home. How must he feel? His daughter is in the back but she doesn't even know it yet. She will do soon though, in a couple of days. Just look at you, you sexy thing I think to myself. How lucky I am. He looks really cool in those shades. I just have to tell him

"You look pretty hot with those shades on" I say to him

"MUM!" said Francesca embarrassed by my openness but I didn't care. I am on holiday with my daughter and the man I love.

"Why thanky you" said Tre concentrating on driving but reaching over and putting his hand on my leg and squeezing.
"Nice legs!" said Tre laughing

"Will you two just stop it?" said Francesca sinking low in her seat.

Francescas POV

I wish they would leave each other alone. I hope they are not going to be like it for the whole of the holiday. It's so embarrassing. How can THE Tre Cool be dating my Mum? I know she's pretty but he could probably have nearly anyone he wants. What does he want with my Mum? I glance over at her. Yeah I suppose she is not too bad. Prettier than any other Mum I know. Slim too and trendy. Her hair is always shining and she's got this smiley face and lovely white, straight teeth. Yeah I suppose she's not bad for her age.

The car was slowing down.

"You're kidding?" I say going through the gates of this huge house
"Mum you could fit about fifty of our houses into this one," I say as Tre pulls up at the front door. "Its massive"

Mum is really quiet. Tre is hurriedly trying to get us out of the car but Mum is still sitting there.
"Can I go and explore?" I say to Tre as I couldn't be bothered to wait for Mum to get out of the car.

"Of course" he laughs and gives me a set of house keys. "Go right on in".

I turn round and see Mum still sitting in the car. What's her problem?

Sammis POV

This is unreal. I'm ashamed of my little house that I took Tre to. My little house is my pride and joy but its nothing compared to this. I work hard for my home and this just makes it all seem worthless.

"Sammi? You OK?" asks Tre.

"Yeah. I'm just a little shocked at the size of it?" I say.

"Well you don't usually complain about the size of it," says my twinkly eyed man who just always manages to get a smile out of me.

"No stupid. The house."

"Its just a house." Says Tre.

"I know but it makes mine look stupid. What must you think?"

"What do you mean?" said Tre looking concerned.

"Just look at what you've got," I said. "You're rich and famous, you could do and have almost anything you want."

"Pretty much I suppose but I do know for sure what I want and what I don't want. I want you and Francesca. I don't care what sort of house you live in. I'd live in a shack with you. If I lost it all this tomorrow but knew you were there that would be fine with me. This house is waiting for a family to move into it. I know just the candidates now get that nice ass out of the car, I want to show you around."

With that he actually dropped the suitcases lifted me up and put me over his shoulder and effortlessly carried me into the house.

After showing us around and boy, was the house magnificent, he announced that everyone would be coming over that night for a get together. I couldn't wait to see them all again. I had so much to catch up on, especially Adi and couldn't wait to see her children.

Frankys POV

This room is amazing. It's massive and has this four-poster bed, just for me. I lay on it and looked up imagining my bed at home with the poster of Billie Joe on the ceiling. I was going to see him tonight. My daydreams about Billie Joe were actually getting worse. I imagined him leaving Adrienne for me and us getting married, having children, all sorts of things. One minute I would think I was being stupid and the next I thought no, it could be possible. Today I was in an 'its possible' mood. What would I wear tonight? What would Billie Joe like me to wear?

Later on...

It was so good to see everyone. They all made us so welcome. Billie and Adi said to pop round anytime and see them as they literally just lived around the corner with their two boys. They were really cool kids and looked just like little Billie Joes. Mum and me had bought them footballs over from England to play with in the garden. They thought we were weird calling them footballs. They kept saying they were soccer balls and laughing at us.

Billie Joe was good at football but Charlie had taught me to do keep-ups and I actually beat Billie Joe. When I beat him he picked me up and swung me in the air. His arms were strong and his hands firm on my body. I didn't want him to put me down. Adrienne was watching and I blushed thinking she could read my thoughts.

Mum and Adi were chatting for ages and Tre and Mike were in the pool with Frankito, Ramona and Estelle. They were so cute and Tre was really good with them. They were only coming for a few hours and then Tre was taking them back to their Mother's houses. It was such a wonderful evening and I felt like I could do this all the time and live this life and be a part of this group of people forever.

Sammy's POV

'This is the life'. Thought Sammi snuggling up to Tre in his huge monster of a bed later that evening.

"Tre?"

"Mmmm baby. You don't want more do you? You can't get enough of me can you?"

"No Tre, behave. Shall we tell her soon?"

"You want to?"

"Yeah. I think we're all ready."

"Well if you think so. How about tomorrow evening when it'll be just the three of us? Mike and Estelle will be going home during the afternoon. We'll do it then." Tre said

"OK" I reply, "that's settled then. Tomorrow we shall let her know that you are her father." I replied

"Did you bring the birth certificate to show her?" asked Tre

"Yep. It's in my handbag."

The next day...

Mum and Tre have popped to the store to get some milk and bread. Mike and Estelle have also just left with them. I wanted to go and listen to my ipod and read in the garden but I couldn't find my sunglasses anywhere then I remembered that Mum had borrowed them earlier.

I didn't find it a problem that Mum was sharing Tres bed. I was more embarrassed when Tre kept smacking mum's butt and saying "Nice Ass" and they kept looking at each other in a loving way and kissing all the time forgetting that I was in the room. Yuk!

I decided to have a look around the room, glancing over I saw there was nothing on Tres side of the bed but on Mums I found the glasses. Picking them up I noticed that they had been sitting on an envelope. I recognised it. It was the envelope that mum had had in her keepsake box. The one she was about to throw away. On the front it had my name and date of birth. It was the envelope mum said she was going to throw out. I decided to have a look and inside was an old piece of paper.

I dared to have a look. The top of it read Birth Certificate. This was my birth certificate. I had never seen this before...