His Little Drummer Girl

Tre surprises Sammi

We had been in California for 2 weeks and everything was perfect. I loved it here. Mum and Tre are so in love, they are all over each other. It's a little embarrassing but I am getting used to it and quite pleased really. Sometimes when we were out there were photographers taking pictures of us. Mum saw a picture of herself with Tre in a newspaper one morning. It was taken on a night when her and Tre had been out for a meal together just the two of them. She was looking at the newspaper but not very happy with what it said.

TRE COOLS LATEST FLAME - A BIT OF BRITISH
It seems Tre Cool has another woman on his arm. Tre, 33 drummer with punk band Green Day was seen last night leaving the Chopstick Bowl restaurant with his latest flame (see photo). She is said to be a British woman called Samantha. Samantha, also 33 is the latest in Tre's string of women. Will there be another child with this one Tre or is she just one of your many one- night stands?


"That's not nice" I said to mum.

"I know," she said. I felt sorry for her and she looked sad.

Tre came into the room and saw Mum's face so he took a look at the article she was reading and then threw it down on the table.

"For god's sake Sammi please don't read anything into what they write, you'll have to get used to it, you know what the press are like. You know I love you" and he kissed her on the nose and left the room.

Sammys POV
I can't quite get the newspaper article out of my head. I know I am being stupid but sometimes going out with Tre amazes me. When we were at the Chopstick Bowl restaurant I wasn't surprised how many people stopped to say hello to Tre but how mega-famous they were.

I'm pissed off about Paris Hilton though. She just came right on over and totally ignored me and was flirting with Tre quite openly and saying that if he's at loose end he could give her a call. I mean for god sake I'm sitting with him out for a romantic meal and she's coming on to him. I wanted to stand up and smack her round the face and say 'look, can't you see he's with me', but Tre didn't seem to notice. He did introduce us but she wasn't interested in me. I could see she wanted him. Bitch. How could I compete with someone like her, blonde, slim, tanned, mega-rich and now this article about Tre and his string of women? I don't think I can cope with this. Am I jealous? Not really. Insecure was probably the word. What on earth was Tre doing with plain old me?

"What's the matter Sammi?" said Tre coming over to me later in the day. "You've been quiet all day," he said wrapping his strong arms around me.

"Nothing." I said but unable to hide what I felt

"It must be something," said Tre. "This is not still about that article from earlier is it?" he said looking into my eyes.

"Maybe" I said not really wanting to say anything.

"For god sake Sammi are we about to have a major row here? Our first ever row? I refuse to argue with you about something so fucking stupid. The article is shit written by shit people. It's just a gossip column and it goes on all the time. I'm afraid you have to take it with a pinch of salt" Tre said quite angrily.

"What about Paris Hilton?" I said moodily. Why had I brought her up?

"WHAT?!" said Tre. "Now don't tell me you think I could actually leave someone like you to go out with Paris. Yeah we've known each other a while but... shit Sammi she's really not my type at all. Please believe me. Some women are like that. Paris is always like that. She's like it with Mike and Billie Joe too. You need to trust me. If you can't trust me then what's the point. Yeah I've had quite a few women in the past and I've got two other kids by two different women. Fact. Now its only you that I want to be with. This is the life I lead and it gets into the papers sometimes. If you want to be with me you're gonna have to get used to it. Sorry Sammi but you've pissed me off"

With that he stormed off leaving Sammi in tears. She'd never seen him that cross and it was all her fault.

Later...
Where is he? Thought Sammi. He's been gone three hours and his phone is switched off. I must have really upset him and I'm so sorry. I do trust him. I know he wouldn't cheat on me. Why am I behaving in this way?

Suddenly I heard a key in the door. It was Tre. I got up immediately and ran into his arms.

"I'm sorry Tre, really I am. Please forgive me. I do love you and trust you"

"Course I forgive you sexy pants" he said looking at me lovingly and everything forgotten. "Come upstairs so I can forgive you a little more," he said dragging me along. I went willingly.

Even later...
Tre seems a little anxious tonight. He's dropped Francesca off at Billie and Adi's for the evening as she's having a sleepover there with the boys, and why he wants me with him at this interview I'll never know. I really hope he's still not pissed off about our earlier row.

"Are you sure you want me with you Tre?" I call to him as he comes out of the shower

"Definitely do babe" he replied drying his hair with a towel.

"But why? I can easily watch the interview round at Adi's with Franky and the kids"

"Er. No. I'd like you to come and see us being interviewed, you may never get the opportunity again."

What did he mean?

"Fair enough" I said. "Do I look OK?"

"Why do you ask every time? You look perfect. You'd look perfect in a sack!"

"I don't think so," I said laughing. "Anyway, come here I want to give you something?"

"Thought you'd never ask" he said throwing his towel on the bed leaving him naked.

"No, not that. This. I went over to him and gave him a long lingering kiss."

"Sure you don't want the other?" said Tre

"Well... . Maybe" and we fell on the bed laughing.

At Adriennes...

Franky's POV
We're all sat round eating popcorn and watching some interview that Green Day are about to do. Apparently the interviewer is quite well known in America and everyone raves about him. I've never seen him before.

Oh here they are now. They look so cool all done up in the suits, hair perfect, make up done. Tre's messing around as usual and the interviewer is asking them loads of questions about their tour. Billie Joe does most of the talking and Tre just rolls his eyes about and makes funny faces at the camera as usual. He asks them about the Milton Keynes DVD and what they plan to do when they finish touring.

As the interview comes to a close I see Tre whispering to the interviewer who starts nodding. What's he up to?

Then Tre is up running over to the audience. He's getting Mum up and bringing her over to the seats. What's going on? How embarrassing. Good job nobody I know will be watching this.

Sammi's POV
What the hell does Tre think he's doing dragging me over here? Everyone is looking at us. We are on the TV in front of millions of people, how embarrassing. What the hell is going on? I'm blushing bright red. What is Tre doing down on one knee and why is he handing me a rose?

Suddenly Tre speaks "Sammi? Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

There is a roar from the audience.

What? Tre's just asked me to marry him in front of millions of people. Oh my god. Tre Cool wants to marry me.

"Tre of course I'll marry you," I say quite calmly even though my heart is about to burst out of my body.

Then the audience are cheering again and he's picking me up and hugging me. I look over and see Billie Joe and Mike. They are laughing cheekily and smiling over at us.

Tre puts me down but he has a firm grip of my hand and won't let go. This is surreal. Tre Cool has asked me to marry him and I've said yes. Oh my god.

Then he whispers. "Does that prove how much I love you?"

"You are one mad fool Mr Cool" I reply "but I do so love you"...