His Little Drummer Girl

Reminiscing..

PART 3

Franky's POV

I cant believe that I may get to see Green Day. I have loved them for so long and I really fancy Billie Joe. I'm sure when he sees me he will leave his wife and take me away somewhere, marry me and let me have his children..

"Franky" called mum from the Kitchen and disturbing my daydream. "Dinner is ready, don't let it go cold."

I turned off the stereo in the middle of 'Extraordinary Girl' - ironically really as this was mum's favorite song. I think Mum is a little weird liking Green Day. All my friends' mums like Mariah Carey. May be she's not too weird, may be a little bit cool. Charlie thinks she's cool liking Green Day. I love Charlie. I can't believe we have lived next door to each other all our lives and I've only just really noticed him in a boy-ish way. Always thought he was a bit ugly but just recently I've noticed his hair is always spiked up when we comes round. He thinks he's Tre Cool but he's not. Never will be. Tre Cool is SOOOO cool, he is the best drummer ever! How can Charlie even think he can be like him he can't even play the drums. Not like me..

"Franky! Come on, stop daydreaming"

"Coming mum" I said rushing downstairs.

We sat quietly through dinner. Mum was often quiet and moody but everyone else says their Mums are the same. I wish she would get a boyfriend but all she seems to do is go to work, shop, clean, look after me, occasionally see Aunt Jen. May be she was weird after all. She'd not had many boyfriends that I knew of. I remember one who was a real geek, worked in a bank and was really ugly with big yellow teeth. Couldn't believe that she went out with him on a second date! She said he was interesting! She soon dumped him when he wanted to play happy families by the third date. Creep.

Then there was the Italian one. Really good looking but boy did he know it. Mum went out with him for a week and then found out he was Gay. I knew straight off of course. Could just tell.

"What date is this competition then?" Mum suddenly asked.

"15th of May, not long really."

"No, it will soon come round" said Mum playing around with her food.

What was wrong with her, she really was getting annoying.

"That was lovely Mum" I said finishing my meal. "Let me do the washing up tonight, you look tired, go and sit down."

"If you're sure love, I've got a bit of work to do, some papers to mark then we can settle down and watch TV if you like, think they've got an old Monty Python movie on".

"Fine" I shouted out to her.

The phone rang and I picked up. "Hi Charlie" I said, "do you want to come round and see my letter?" I bragged. "OK then, see you in 10".

I finished off the washing and drying up and tidied up the Kitchen a bit. Glancing into the study I noticed mum was busy at her papers so shot upstairs to tidy myself up for Charlie coming. Why am I tidying myself up and putting make up on. Its only Charlie that's coming.

I heard the doorbell but Mum had already answered before I'd even opened my bedroom door. "Hi Charlie" said mum, "go on up".

"Thanks Sammi" said Charlie, blushing. What! I thought to myself, whats he blushing for, there is no way he's got a crush on my mum I thought to myself.

When Charlie came in the room I asked him to put some music on whilst I showed him the letter. He put on 'International Superhits' like he always does.

"That's great Franky, well done. Can I really come with you to the second part of the competition?"

"Great. That's settled and if I get through I have to take a parent if I'm under 16 and also a friend so you're coming."

"What" Charlie said. "You really mean it?"

"Course I do" I said, I blushed but turned away and turned the music up, "We're Green Day soulmates." Yuck, what was I thinking. I couldn't look at him in the eye.

"Franky?"

"Yep" I said, fiddling around with the stereo.

"Do you fancy going bowling tomorrow after school? Just us two?"

My stomach turned. "OK" I answered. He leant over and kissed me on the cheek, both our cheeks were burning hot.

After that we carried on chatting and laughing and forgot about the incident.

Back to SAMMI

"Hi Jen, only me. Listen she only got to the next part of that bloody competition. I can't believe it. I'm shaking here thinking of it. What if she really gets through and I have to take her along I'm going to have to meet them too aren't I. May be they won't remember me, it's been ages. I'm a bit heavier now, different hair and all that".

"Sammi, slow down, calm down even and stop worrying. She's got to get through the next part yet. How many kids have entered?"

"There are four going through to the next stage." I said.

"Well there you go. Don't worry." Said Jen.

"Yeah I know but we all know how good she is at playing the drums, 'like an adult' her music teacher says and she's managed it this far. I have a feeling she is going to do it." I said.

"So what if she does? What are your options? You'll have to go with her. Or shall I take her?"

"No, she'll wonder why I'm not going, especially as she knows how I like their stuff. Jen, I feel sick. I can't face them."

"Lets see if it happens first - anyway its not 'them' you can't face, its 'him. '

"No, they were all my friends. I'm being stupid thinking they wouldn't recognize me. After the two wonderful weeks we had together they will definitely recognize me. I should try and overcome it and if I have to go try and enjoy it. Actually it would be really good to see them all again."

That night in bed, Tre was haunting my dreams. It was the second week of their stay at our rented house...

... "what is it with women and their butts?" said Tre. "They're always going on about how big they look in this and that. I thought it was just American women but you're just the same" he said rolling over onto his side so he could get a better view of my rear end. I could see his reflection in the mirror as I sat at the dressing table, naked.

"In fact" he said "you have the best ass I've ever seen. The best tits, ass, eyes, you name it, you've got it. The best. So get back in this bed and let me just have a quick feel to confirm it." He said throwing back the bed covers so I could see his naked form. He turned me on just looking at him. How could I refuse. His body was warm against mine and his strong arms drew me to him. He was a very passionate man and loved sex. I didn't realize how much I did until I'd met Tre. This was the third time that day and they were due to play a gig in 2 hours, what the hell.

After we'd made love there was heavy banging at my bedroom door.

"Come on you two lovebirds, prize yourselves away from each other and get out of the stinking pit we have work to do!" shouted Billie. Such a nice guy was Billie. I'd had some very interesting talks with him about where he wanted to take the band and the song writing that he did. He told me he had so much more to give but was trying to get all what was in his head down on paper. He had a girlfriend back home called Adrienne and was loved up big time. "I'll never love anyone ever apart from Adi" he often said to me. "I'm going to get married to her and have loads of beautiful kids because she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, you must come to our wedding, may be even godmother to my kids. Adi would love you, you're very similar. I cant wait to get back to her you know Sammi, I miss her real bad." He'd told me about his childhood and losing his father but he said it made him stronger in the end and determined to succeed, and he did.

"Are you coming along tonight" asked Tre, jumping out of the shower. God his arms were so muscled and strong from all the drumming.

"Yes, that OK? May be bring Jen along a little later seeing as she's not heard you yet." I said kissing him on his wet nose. I loved it when his hair was wet, it was all flattened down and he looked really innocent and young. Well we were both only 20.

"I love it when you're in the audience" said Tre suddenly. His honesty surprised me. He was not often serious but when he was it really went to my heart.

"Why's that then?" I asked.

"Because I love that ass" he said, slapping me on my behind and pushing me onto the bed.

"And I love you". My heart stopped. What did he just say.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"Now don't be sorry now" he said looking into my eyes. "I love you and that's that, no changing it, no going back so you'll have to put up with it. That's why I love it when you're in the audience"

The banging at the door started again and broke the moment.

"Come on man" said Mike. "What are you two doing in there? Cant you wait till later?"

Tre got up off the bed and I was left there stunned. I wasn't expecting this. I knew I loved him but couldn't bring myself to say it. I'd never been in this situation before and felt silly as I knew Tre wasn't such a serious guy and didn't want to go and say it and spoil everything. Now he'd said it first.

I was still laying on the bed watching Tre get ready when he leant over, quickly kissed my nose and was gone. He loved me. Tre Cool loved me and I loved him. He was real famous in America. He was American. Where would we live? Could I teach out there? Would I tour with him? Would he want me to? Was this real? Just a fling? ENOUGH!

"Jen? Where are you? I need to speak to you." I said coming out of my bedroom. "Its important."

"What is it?" said Jen. Actually Jen looked really attractive tonight, all done up to go and watch the guys. She's made a real effort here I thought to myself.

"Its Tre" I said. "He's just told me he loved me and I believe him and I love him too, what can I do?"

"Now hold on" said Jen pulling me into her room, "You've only known him for 10 days. You've got your teaching career to think of, don't do anything silly he comes from the other side of the world. He leads a different life from us."

"What do you mean?"

"Well he's quite famous in America, quite well known here. He must have loads of money. Don't you think it strange that they don't stay in big hotels or anything. Why stay here when if they are what they say they are they are not living it up?"

"Because they like to be near their fans." I meekly said.

But that's it, you're not one of their fans, you're someone they've met, took advantage of you and then they will be off in a few days to another poor sucker.

"I don't believe you just said that" I said angrily. "you've lived in this house with them too for 10 days and you really think they are like that?"

She looked sheepish knowing the truth. "No I didn't mean it like that I just don't want you doing anything stupid, like flying off to America with him and giving up all your teaching experience."

"Well may be I would go to America - if he asked."

The trouble is he never did ask. He told me he loved me and by the end of the week I told him I loved him. We actually went away together for a romantic night and he bought me a present. It was a small silver necklace with an ingot on it. It had an inscription on the back 'To my extraordinary girl - I'll love you forever" Tre. I wrote my address and phone number down so that he couldn't forget it. He gave me his address and number in America. We slept that night curled up with his muscled arms wrapped round me.

We had a bit of a tearful goodbye. All the guys were sad to go but Tre and I both knew that we'd be together soon so we just hugged and kissed but fairly happily. He was my man and I couldn't wait to see him again. Except I didn't. I lost the slip of paper and never heard from him again.