Welcome to My Not So Normal Life

Chapter Six

"Damn paparazzi!" I muttered as I got up to run with Ryan. I took hold to his hand but let it go. Another good picture opportunity. As Ryan turned one way, I turned another way. A portion went Ryan's way. But the majority followed me. I lost a few after a few turns but some kept up.

"What's your name? How long have you been seeing Mr. Ross? Is there a marriage in the future? Kids?" I sped up and knocked someone over.

"Uhf." I rolled off the guy and laid face down on the ground. The mysterious person pulled me up and led me to a safe spot. "Brendon, am I glad to see you." He smiled.

"Will the explanation gross me out?" He asked.

"Probably."

"Then don't bother." I sat there and tried to catch my breath. Brendon stared at me.

"Good thing I dropped my bags off." I finally remarked. Brendon chuckled. It got quiet. "Think I'm safe?"

"No, they will wait for days just to get your picture." I groaned and fell back.

"Ow!" I sat up and rubbed the back of my head. We laughed a little more then silence fell again.

"I have a plan." Brendon whispered. "We switch our shirts. You tie my jacket around your waist. Pull your hair up." I looked skeptical. I don't like changing in front of people unless it's my parents, Joe, Pete, Patrick, or Andy. 'What the hell?' I thought and stripped my shirt.

"I go left, you go right." Brendon nodded and walked the right way. I power walked toward the left. The crowd had lowered and luckily, they didn't notice me.

"Hey, that's her!" One of then screamed. I turned around started to run. Fall Out Boy was seated by the south entrance. I passed Joe. He looked up.

"What the hell Car..." He glared and sat back down. I made a dash for the buses. Our bus was concealed behind the other two. I darted in and closed all blinds.

"What a day." I grumbled and relaxed on the couch. "Sorry guys, but there's a great excuse for my absence." I thought aloud as I let the theme song for, "Andy Milonakis" settle in my ears. My phone rung after a while.

"Where are you?" Joe asked.

"Bus, you mad?"

"Nah, I just want to act all parent-ish." We laughed. Someone knocked on the door.

"What's the use of calling?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"I didn't." I hung the phone up and unlocked the door. "They still out there?"

"Yeah, but surrounding Panic's bus. How did they catch you?"

"Got a picture of Ryan and I kissing." Joe made a gross face.

"Wow, that'll be worth a lot of money." I sang along to the closing song for 'Andy Milonakis'. My phone rang again.

"Hello, Carmen Trohman speaking."

"Your name is weird. Men and Man."

"Yeah, I noticed that when I became that."

"Well, did you ditch 'em? Sorry, I left you in the dust but I thought you were behind me." Ryan explained.

"No problem. You did what you had to do. And yeah, I'm on the bus with Joe."

"I am going to kill you when I see you." Joe yelled. Ryan gulped.

"Well, gotta go. Love you!"

"Love you too." I choked out. We hung up and Joe ohhed. "What?"

"You couldn't get it out. You're in love. Not the friendship type love thing either. The ninth grade Tim thing. The twelve year old me thing."

"No, I was little with the you thing and I was lying with the whole Tim thing."

"What about Ben? You cried for days when he broke up with you in the eleventh grade."

"Okay, I may be in love. And I'm not lying because my usual lying provities, if that's a word, aren't showing. But, not a full fledged thing like the other ones." He eyed me then shrugged.

"I love you!" I said in a sing-song voice. He looked at me, then smiled.

"I love you more!" We hugged and eventually Joe had to get back to his whole signing thing.