‹ Prequel: Make-Believe Ballroom

I'm Building Castles To Protect You

With Their Teenage Romance

Her lips curled upwards in a bliss-filled smile, with her eyes shut as she simply absorbed everything surrounding her. Focusing immensely on the pair of arms holding her closely into another body. Her fingers gently fiddled with the sleeve of his hoodie with endearment as she was completely mesmerised that she was in this situation, feeling so complete. The silence was beautiful. She loved how every moment with him could be special- still containing the magical sparks. They didn’t always need words or kisses to fill their time together, as this quiet embrace was proving to her with each content thud in her chest.

She felt his soft lips press the nape of her neck briefly. Though the contact was short and sweet enough, she twisted round so she could reunite their lips. Yet she sensed how he was hesitant, she knew he was holding back. Fear stricken, she pulled away and opened her bright eyes.

He noticed the panic in her expression, and a groan emerged from the back of his throat. He picked up his left arm from the comfortable position it was in, lying on her waist, to allow his hand to reach of hers. Knowing she needed a reassuring squeeze, to tell her that her judgements were wrong.

“Saskia, I need to tell you something.” his voice came out raspy from its lack of use in the past hours and his lack of confidence made it weak. He wasn’t surprised when her immediate reaction to his words was to recoil, shaking out of his touch and sitting up on his bed. Preparing herself for the worst, it appeared.

“Did I do something? Is it bad? Oh gosh Josh, I’m sorry if I did.” Her apologetic words came out fast and slightly jumbled together. The tension in her muscles eased as he too sat up, chuckling lightly under her breath before kissing the tip of her nose. A simple act of affection was enough to calm her worries that there wasn’t anything to blame on her.

She watched him do breathing exercises, the sort you do in a critical situation to accept what was happening and brace yourself for what was coming next. His eyes were downcast on his blue bed sheets, scrutinising each crease their bodies had made while resting on top of them it seemed. However, he was finding the right words in his mind to form into shared sentences.

“Come September, I’m going on tour… the band that is. We all are, well I mean obviously because how could I tour by myself when the only musical talent I supposedly have is my voice? Though this is completely beside the point, but I’m hoping you may find this ramble cute and provide you with a reason not to break up with me.” He winced, disbelieving that he included his gut clenching worry at the end.

It took only a few seconds before a wide grin broke on her face and she through her arms around him with such force that it knocked them both horizontal again. “That’s fantastic Josh! I’m so proud of you. When in September though? Term starts again then, we’re both in Sixth Form and…Oh.” The slight sigh she said it with symbolised that there was no need to answer her question, as the realisation settled in before it was required.

“Yeah, we’re not going back. Well, those of us that would be doing A2’s this year.” He confirmed, this being the part he felt most guilty about.

“Josh its fine, staying there isn’t part of your dreams. This is and it doesn’t bother me. I’m just too full of excitement for you to consider feeling a little sorry for myself. You’re going to be playing to crowds that don’t consist of our boring Surrey faces.”

He allowed himself to bask in how she was taking it, slight disbelief at it. His own smile lifted his entire face, reserved only for the girl that was on top of him. “You’re so amazing, you know that Saskia? And I’ll never get tired of your beautiful face, I love it too much.”

The one word rang in both of their ears. Slowly her teeth were being hidden as her lips came together to form an indifferent line. Her right hand which was situated on his chest could feel how erratic the beat of his heart was becoming. How she noticed a glint in his eye she had only seen hints of before, was now the most predominant part of the dark blue they were.

I love you, Saskia Thompson.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't resist it. I'm sorry.
This is only an introduction, that's why it's short.