Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Twelve

{{Nathan's Point Of View}}

(Back tracking a bit)

I stormed out of Melinda's room, I was so mad at her. She was keeping us away, it wasn't destiny or fate, she doesn't want to be with me anymore. Had she fallen out of love with me? It's possible. What angered me the most was thinking that Melinda and Peter had already been 'together'...in other words shagged her. It made so furious thinking of another man kissing her and making love to her and it wasn't just any other man, but my best mate. Theres two light knocks on the door of my bedroom. Confused I went over to open it. It must be Melinda.

"Mel--Peter." I had opened the door to Peter. I had stopped myself in time an said his name in time."What's up?"

"Not much." He shrugged. He walked in my room without invitation. I let it go and faced Peter as I closed the door behind me."I came to talk about Melinda."

"What about her?" I asked casually, had he seen me come out of her room?

"Stay away from her." He said firmly.

"Why?" I asked.

"You know why. I don't want you confusing her. She's my fiancee...she's already my women." My jaw tighten in jealousy as he said the last part.

"So...you and her already...you've---"

"Shagged her. Yes. Several times. I won't go into details." He winked at me at the last part, this only made me more angry, but towards Melinda.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm getting married as well." I said.

"I know you did that out of anger, Nathan." He smirked at me evilly.

"What do you want, Peter?!" I half-hissed.

"I want to make things clear. Melinda.Is.Mine." He emphasised the last words with great energy.

"Thank you for making that clear, mate." I faked a smile."You may go now." I gestured my hand towards the door. Peter grins as he walks and I follow. Just as he was out he turned back to me.

"Oh and by the way, Mel is a wild animal in the bed." he growled in 'animal' I shoved him the rest of the way out and shut the door behind me.

"Fuck!" I cursed and punched the door. My knuckles quickly turned red, but I could care less.

----Next Morning---

Not much sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I had the picture of Peter and Melinda together. It was tauting and unbearable. Everything was going so wrong; I was suppose to be Melinda's first. I was the one who was suppose to be marrying her. But I wasn't going to give up that easily.

As I was in the shower I had decided to break off the engagement with Lucy and try to win back Melinda. It wasn't going to be easy but I have to try or being in a coma for three years would've been for nothing. I hear a car engine outside and I knew Melinda was leaving. I went over to my window and looked down to see Melinda in her beautiful baby blue dress. I wanted to rip it off her so badly last night. My hands curled into fist and my knuckles turned white as I squeezed them. Like magnets Melinda's eyes met mine for a second and I, cowardly, closed the blinds.

I got ready to over to Lucy's guest room and tell her the bad news. When she bursted into my room. She giggled and jumped. Her blonde hair moved with her movements.

"We're going to be so happy together. I'm going to call all of my friends and tell them the good news." Her smile was from ear to ear.

"Lucy we need to talk about last night." I started slowly.

"I love you so much, nathan. I'd kill myself if you ever left me." Her voice turned serious.

I chuckled nervously."Don't joke like that Lu---"

"It's no joke. I'd literally kill myself if you left me, Nathan." Her psycho eyes looked at me then she broke into a giggle."I'll call you later babe." She skipped out my room.

Now I was in deep shit.

I hated having feelings. Four years ago, when my heart was cold, I would've cared less if she killed herself, but Melinda had to break through the frozen heart and bring emotions to me. Unknown emotions like love and caring. I didn't love Lucy, that's for sure, but I couldn't live knowing I was the reason for the suicide of someone.

"Nathan." My father's voice came from the door frame of my room.

"Yes father?" I asked.

"Why?" He asked.

I gave him a confused look."Why, what?"

"Why aren't you fighting for Melinda?" He asked.

I sighed and looked away from my father."Because she doesn't love me anymore."

"When you went into the coma...Melinda never left your side, son." He said.

"So? She's with Peter. She betrayed me in the worst way." I spat angrily.

"Nathan...she only moved on, but that doesn't mean she stopped loving you. I can see it her eyes the great love she holds for you. And I can the pain in your eyes to see her with another man. Nathan you need to fight for that love. Or you'll regret it for the rest of your life." He seemed he talked from experience.

I stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Do you think...if you'd fought hard enough for Melinda's mom...you would've done it?" I asked choosing my words carefully.

He let out a deep sigh and thought for a second.

"Yes, I do. I sometimes regret not fighting hard enough for Bella...but then again...I never would've met your mother and had you, now that I will NEVER regret." He smiled at me.

"Why is the universe throwing every possible obsticle at me and Melinda?" I asked.

"To test your love." He answered simply.

"I'm running out of energy." I confessed.

"Then it was never met to be." He said.

"But... should I continue fighting?" I asked.

"Son, ask yourself, is Melinda worth it?"

"Yes." I answered at once.

"Then keep fighting to the end." He smiled.

---Tuesday Afternoon---

"I wanted freedom
but I'm restricted
I tried to give you up
but I'm addicted" - Time Is Running Out by MUSE


I was watching tv when my phone went of with MUSE's ringtone. I looked at the number and I didn't recognize it.

"Hello?" I answered questionly.

"Hello, Nathan?" It was a female.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It's Bella, Melinda's mom." She said.

"Oh...um..Hello." I said again my eyebrow rose in confusion.

"I know it must be weird, but I really need to talk to you about the whole getting married situation. Can you meet me somewhere?" Her voice was serious.

"Uh...Sure. Where?" I asked.

She told me where to meet her and she said to meet her now. I had nothing to do so I agreed. I changed into something else and drove down to the meeting place. On my way I made excuses as to why I had asked Lucy to marry me. I knew she was going to give me the same lecture as my father, but I think it would be better if I talked to someone who thought like Melinda, who better than her mom?