Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Fourteen

"You don't believe me?" I asked shocked that he thought I was lying.

"No... no it's not that. It's so incredilous. Like a soap opera, like the ones your mom watches." He said. I smiled.

"Yeah, well in this story, I don't think I'm going to get my happy ending." I sighed.

"Why not? Aren't you going to get marry?" He asked with slight of hope in his eyes.

"I--uh... no, I mean yes. I don't know why I'm getting married." I confessed.

He reached for my hand across the table and squeezed it.

"Then break it off. I don't like to see you unhappy, Mellie. You're too special for me." Kevin's eyes had something in them... I think it was love or something.

I shake my head and take my hand back and put on a big smile.

"Enough about me, what about you? What have you been up to?" I kept the smile on.

"Not much, took over my father's business, and it's going very well." Kevin said.

We kept talking for the longest time. I had forgotten how it felt to just talk about the most random things, without worrying about stuff.

***

"So, where have you been all day?" Asked Peter, whom was over the phone.

"I went to class and went to the gym afterwards." I lied easily.

"Really? I kept asking people for you." Peter said.

"Oh, sorry, I got caught up in the work out." I lied again.

"Well, you need to come to the Fullerton house tomorrow afternoon." Peter said.

"Why?" I asked, not wanting to see Nathan and deal with the drama.

"Wedding details, honey, mum wants to go over the guest list." said Peter.

"I hope she likes small weddings. Cause after my first wedding...Ugh!" I threw my head back.

Peter stayed silent.

"Don't tell me your mom wants a big wedding?" I begged.

"I'm her oldest son...and I want a big wedding too. I want everyone to envy me when they see me marry the most beautiful girl on this planet." said Peter.

"Peter I... I can't wait." I lied again.

"I'll pick you up at four." Peter said.

"Yeah, sure." I said not really paying attention.

"I love you." said Peter.

"Ditto." Then I hung the phone before he could ask why I didn't say it back.

Not too long after I hung the phone, I got a text saying "Miss u and love you -Peter"

I groaned. Why me? I know it sounds vain, but why me? I'm sure other girls have it worse than me, but it's not fair. I've done nothing to anyone. I've been a good christian... as far as I know.

"Knock Knock" came a masculine voice from my door of my room. I looked at the door and saw Rodrigo with a smile on his face. His presence put a huge smile on my face.

"Hiya, Rodrigo." I said and patted my hand next to me on the bed for Rodrigo, whom jogged the rest of the way and when he was close enough he jumped on the bed landing on his stomach. He rolled over to his side and did a sort model pose, which cracked me up.

"I think I can be professionally good looking, don't you think so?" He said as he pouted his lips.

"We both can be professionally good looking, we can be mindless zombies and start eating toilet paper." I played along.

"And we can become bulimic." Rodrigo followed.

"Read minds?!" I played dumb, we laughed.

"Gosh, I've missed this." said Rodrigo.

"Me too. I don't see you anymore." I said as I laid on the bed next to him. I put my hand up for a high five and Rodrigo and I clapped each other's hand, it was a thing to pass the time. We talked about our lives right now, all I talked about was school. He knew I didn't want to talk about my personal life.

"Hey, remember Kevin?" I asked changing the subject.

He puts on a confused face. "Yeah. You told me you saw him."

"Well, don't tell Peter, but I had lunch with him today... it was... nice." I said.

"You're smiling and blushing." Rodrigo pointed out.

My mouth hanged half open. "I am not." But I knew I was.

"Mel, Kevin is bad news, you know that. He cheated on you for christ sake." Rodrigo threw his hands in the air dramatically. "Plus you have enough problems in your life right now, the last thing you need is more problems."

I sighed heavily. "I guess you're right." But I still liked the time I had with Kevin.

--------------Next Morning_____________

"Dead I am the one, exterminating son
Slipping through the trees, stranglin the breeze
Dead I am the sky, watchin angels cry
While they slowly turn, conquering the worrrrrrrm"- Dragula by Rob Zombie


The song woke me up, I was half asleep when I answered. It was the day I wasn't working.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Wake up sleepy head. I'm taking you out for breakfast." And with that Kevin hung up on me. I pushed the red button and looked at the phone and grinned.

I quickly got out of bed and took a quick shower and pulled on some clothes. I took my favorite skinny jeans and slipped on a Metallica shirt. I didn't want Kevin to get the wrong idea of me, like I'm throwing myself at him or something.

Soon, I was in his car on our way to Hometown Buffet. 'Handlebars' by Flotbots came on in the radio, which was my favorite station.

"I love this song." said Kevin turning the knob on the volume up.

"Me too!!" I beamed. "Peter hates it, he calls it a stoner song."

"But it is a stoner song." Kevin said. "At least that's what I heard."

"I know, but the way he said it made me pissed." I spat.

"How's Rodrigo?" Asked Kevin.

"He's okay." I said.

"Have you told him?" He asked.

I gave him a confused look. "About what?"

"Me, of course!" He seemed surprised I didn't catched on.

"Oh, well... he's still mad about the whole Jessica thing." I said.

"Jessica?...Oh that Jessica. Right. I never truly apologized about that." Kevin said.

"There's no nee--"

"I'm sorry. I was young and foolish and she was easy to get into bed." said Kevin. I blushed. "Mellie?"

"Mmh?" I said still red from the cheeks.

"Are you still a virgin?" Now I was red as a tomato. I looked away trying to hide my red cheeks, good thing he was driving. He chuckled as my silence answered his question.

"It's not funny, I'm proud to be a virgin, it proves I'm not a slut or whore." I said.

He stopped laughing, but letted out some chuckles. "You're right, you're right."