Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Fifteen

We ate in silence most of the time; exchanged smiles from time to time.

"Do you ever plan on skate boarding, again?" Kevin broke the long silence.

I mused for a second. "I don't know... probably... why?" I raised an eyebrow.

He shrugs his shoulders. "Just asking, I thought maybe we could go skating after breakfast."

I smiled from ear to ear. "Totally, sounds so....wait.... I can't." I remembered I had to go to the Fullerton's house later on today.

"Why not?" He was disappointed.

"I have to go to meet my future mother-in-law for the wedding details." I scrunched my nose like I had smelled garbage or something.

This amused Kevin--who was laughing--he seemed so care free, I wish I was like that.

"What am I going to do with you?" He chuckled as he held his hand on his stomach trying to stop laughing.

"What's so damn funny?" I was really getting irritated.

"You." He said simply.

"Your face." My comeback was so old.

"Your cooch." He said.

"Your whole body." I narrowed my eyes at him and we looked into each other's eyes and started laughing afterwards.

"We acted like fifteen year-olds." Kevin's eyes twinkled in the light and his laughed filled me with joy... wait... no... I have enough problems... I don't need any more.

"I still feel like I'm fifteen sometimes. It's weird being a 'grown-up'." I did air quotes and rolled my eyes back.

We stayed silent for a few more minutes. He dropped his fork making that 'clang' sound and caught my attention.

"What if I told you to come with me right now and runaway to Europe?" At first I was waiting for him to tell me he was joking, but his serious look said otherwise.

I scoffed and chuckled. "Wait? You're serious?" My eyes were wide.

"Why would I joke about something like that?" His tone was for real, he was serious.

I blinked a few times, analyzing the information. "I-I-I don't know what to say." I stuttered.

"Just say the magic word and we'll be in Rome in a flash." Kevin reached out his hand to me and placed his on top of mine's and squeezed it.

Why did he have to make it awkward?

"Rome?" I talked like a mindless robot.

"Or London, France, where ever they take Visa or MasterCard." He chuckled and so did I.

Europe? Sounds smexy. But I couldn't escape my problems by running away; it was not what my father had taught me. It wasn't the way I was raised. I was raised to face the problem and take the consequences.

I pulled out my hand and looked at the floor.

"I can't run away from my problems, it'll make me look like a coward." My tone was melancholy

"If you stay here any longer you're going to go nuts." His tone was same as mine.

"I know." It was just above a whisper.

"Oh.My.Gawd!!" Her voice made me want to gag... Lucy. I looked up from the ground and saw the blonde bimbo, I immediately glared at her. "I haven't seen you in like forever."

"You saw her three days ago." Nathan's voice woke me from a dream.

"Oh yeah." Lucy flipped her blonde hair and giggled. I faked a smile. "Aren't you going to introduce us, silly?"

She seemed extremely... weird today.

"Right, Lucy, Nathan this is my friend Kevin. Kevin this is Lucy and her... her... her... fia..." I couldn't take the words out, it was like stuck half way in my throat.

"Fiancée." Nathan finished for me. I nodded.

"Is it all right if we sit with you?" Lucy asked, okay I was getting weirded out by her kindness.

"Um" Me and Nathan said.

"Sure." Kevin smiled and I looked at him in shock. I told him the story and I'm pretty sure he already connected the dots, so why was he doing this?

"Great." Lucy took the seat next to me and Nathan, reluctantly sat down next to Kevin. "Well I'm going to get food, come with me Nathan."

"I'm not hungry." Nathan mumbled.

"I'll go." said Kevin rising from his seat, but my hand on his stopped him and I begged him with my eyes for him to not go. "I'll be back."

"Kevin... please." I whispered, but he pulled out his hand and walked away with Lucy (They're in Hometown Buffet, remember?)

Now, being alone with Nathan made me nervous, I tried to occupy my eyes looking at random things around the place. A few times my eyes landed on some of the guys and they smirked at me and that was my cue to look away; while I was looking around I could his eyes boring into me, Nathan's that is. I finally couldn't hold it any longer and looked at Nathan, he didn't look away.

"Stop staring at me." I hissed at Nathan who smirked and sent the old butterflies in my stomach, damn! He still had that power over me.

"You don't look happy." He stated.

"And the sky is blue, nice one Sherlock." I hissed.

"Kevin.... seems.... nice." He chose his words carefully like he didn't want to offend me.

"He's just a friend, Nathan." I said locking eyes with him.

"I never said he wasn't."

"Just clarifying."

"Fine."

"Fine."

Silent filled the awkward atmosphere. We looked away from each other, at least I did.

Lucy and Kevin were taking a long time; so I stood from my seat and looked over to the food and saw them still choosing their food.

"How do you know Kevin?" Nathan asked as I sat back down with an angry face, then it softened.

"He was my first serious relationship... two years together... then..." I stopped myself. "Things got complicated."

"How?" He asked he seemed interested on the subject.

I sighed. "He cheated on me." Nathan didn't react he simply stayed there looking at me, I met his gaze one more time and my heart told me to lunge myself at him but my mind resisted the urge to do so. His eyes made me lose myself; it made me feel like I was swimming the deepest opened waters of the ocean. "Nathan I--"

"We're back!" Lucy sang as she took the seat next to me, I could tell she was pretending but I don't know why? Kevin sat across from me and smiled at me and I returned the smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!!!