Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Eighteen

{Nathan's Point of View}

So she does love me? I thought as I was back in my room. A smile curls on his lips as he thinks of Melinda.

"That's it. I'm going to fight for her. No matter what it takes. I know just the way to do it." I said.

{Melinda's Point of View}

"That was so boring." Henry whined after class was over.

I giggled. "No it wasn't."

"We learned every single bone in the body." He pointed out.

"Okay, it was horrible. But we have to make some sacrifices in order to make thousands later in life." I pointed out.

"Right, right." Henry said. "Look there is a party tonight, you should totally come."

"What kind of music?" I asked.

"I don't know it's a Fraternity party." Henry said.

"No thanks. It's just going to be a bunch of slutty girls and stupid jocks." I scrunched my nose.

"You need to get out more." Henry said.

"You need a life." I teased.

"Already have one." Henry stuck out his tongue. "C'mon, let's go."

"I can't." I said, we arrived at my car and it was time for us to part away.

"Ugh! Your lose." Henry rolled his eyes and walked away.

I laughed. "I rather stay HIV free."

"Whatever." He walked away towards his car and I was left alone.

But not for long.

"You should really go out." A voice said. I turned around and faced those blue eyes that memorized me and that dazzled me.

"Nathan." I said breathtaken, then, he kissed me.

At first I was shocked and didn't know how to respond, he started to pull back but then I wrapped my arms around his neck giving the memo that I didn't want to stop. I felt his smirk on my skin. Nathan cupped my face with both of his hands and kept my face close to him. Then we pulled for air, but I wanted more, much more.

"I knew you still loved me." He whispered.

"I never stopped. I've always loved you, always, there was never a moment when I stopped loving you." I whispered back.

"Let's forget the world, Melinda, come with me. Right now. What do you say?" Nathan proposed.

"I say---"

Everybody sing
Like it's the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me do you feel the pressure now?
Everybody live
Like it's the last day you will ever see
Tell me, tell me do you feel the pressure now?- Born For This by Paramore


I groaned and rolled my eyes. Nathan and I separated.

"Yes!" I answered my phone with attitude.

"Why the attitude?" Peter asked.

"Sorry, bad day." I lied.

"Are you alone?" Peter asked.

I looked over to Nathan whose face was emotionless. "Yeah. Why?"

"Just asking? Where are you?" He asked.

"At the schools parking lot. Why?" I asked again.

"Nothing, love. I moved the wedding date closer." Peter said.

My eyes widen. "When?"

"This Sunday." He said.

"WHAT?!" I shrieked, Nathan now looked concerned, he mouthed 'what's wrong?' "Why did you move the wedding date to this Sunday?!" Nathan's eyes went like mine.

"I just can't wait to be your husband." Peter said.

"But-but what about the decorations and the dress, it'll take weeks before it's ready." I spoke fast.

"Love, that's why money makes the world move around, everything is set. My mother took care of it. All of the invitations have been sent." Peter surely had a smile on his face by his tone.

"I--you---we---why--"

"I understand why you're speechless,love, everything will go perfectly. I'll make sure of it." He said dangerously.

I stayed quiet. What do I say?

"Melinda, love, are you still there?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, I'm here." I whispered and tears wanted to come. "I'll talk to you later."

Before he could say another word I pressed the red button.

"He moved the wedding?" Nathan asked.

I nodded and I buried my face on his chest.

"Everything is going to work out, I promise. Now that we're together, I won't let anything happen to you." He hugged me and I wrapped my arms around his upper body.

"I love you Nathan. If anything happens, just know that I love you and everything I did was for your safety." I said.

Nathan placed his hands on my arms and pulled me slightly away.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

I looked away.

"Peter threaten you." It wasn't a question. I nod. His hands clentched into fists and he bit them so he could control his anger. "That son-of-a-bitch. He's going to pay."

"But that's behind us now. Look, why don't we go out right now? We'll forget the world." I proposed.

Nathan smiles and it makes my heart melt. "Let's forget the world."

"So, where are we going to go?" Nathan asked, we were in my car since I was going to take him to a place.

"We're going to a place where you've never been before." I said with a smirk.

Nathan raises an eyebrow. "Tell me."

"It's outside of the country and we'll still be able to make it back before dinner time." I gave hints.

Nathan laughs. "Well, now I know where we're going."

"Where to?" I asked. "Where do you think I'm taking you?"

"Tijuana, Mexico."

"Damn! Too many clues." I cursed while Nathan laughed.

"I almost forgot how cute you looked when you're mad." Nathan said.

{???'s Point of View}

I tighten my grip on my wheel of the car as I saw Melinda and Nathan kissing. Fury is what I felt; she was suppose to be mine. Now that the wedding was moved that meant my plans would have to be moved as well.

I'm not going to lose Melinda... she's mine and only mine.

(Author's note: It's pretty obivous whom it is.)

***

"Well, here we are." I said as we stopped at a local Tijuana club. It was mostly Chunti music (Chunti is people who listen to Mexican country music). I could hear the drums and the trumpets outside.

"This is... new." Nathan said slowly.

"C'mon, you're gonna love it, trust me." I said. We both got out of the car, we held hands as we passed the bouncer, with the help of two of Jackson's.

The music was loud. The bar was just to our right and there was tables all around and the dance floor and at the front was the band playing and singing.

"What is this place?!" Nathan yelled over the music.

"It's a potrero, a lot of chunts(chunti) and a lot of beer!" I yelled back.

"I didn't know you liked this kind of music." Nathan said as we took an empty rounded table it had high chairs.

"Of course I like it; it's my heritage. Just because I wear skinny jeans doesn't mean I'm not Mexican anymore." I said.

"I didn't mean it like that." Nathan apologized.

"It's okay I know you didn't mean anything by it." I smiled. "I'll go get us some beers."

"Wait, I'll go." Nathan offered. I laughed. He got confused. "What's wrong?"

"Nathan you're a gringo (white guy) in an all mexican club, and if you don't order right you're going to get jumped and I don't want to take you to the hospital." I said.

"I guess you're right." Nathan sighed.

"Trust me. I'll be back in a jiffy." I said jumping off the high chair and made my way to the bar. Of course there was men whistling and howling, but you sort of get used it, plus they're drunk.

I finally reached the bar. The bartender was a young guy, he wasn't bad looking either; he was around 5'10 or11, caramel skin and long hair pulled back into a pony tail. He smiled as I reached the bar.

"Hola, me da dos cervezas, por favor?" I said. (Can I have two beers, please?)

"Lo que quiera la princesa." The bartender smirked. (Whatever the princess wishes.)

I smiled weakly at the guy. He walked over to a big tin thing and lifted the top off and took out two beers. He walked over to me again and opened the beers.

"Dos cervezas, digame viene con amigas?" He winked at the end. (Two beers, tell me, are you here with friends?)

I chuckled nervously. "No."

"No?" His tone with hope.

"Vengo con mi novio." I turned my heel and walked back towards Nathan. (I came with my boyfriend.)

As I was coming close to our table I saw a bunch of girls around Nathan. I wanted to rip them to shreds. They were touching his shoulder and his arms and smiling, not just any smile but a I-want-him smile.

I jogged the rest of the way. "Vayanse pirujas!" (Go away, sluts.)

"Y si no queremos?" One of them said(And if we don't want to?), she was wearing a short-short red leather skirt, you know those shiny ones and she had three inch heels and too much make-up.

"Entonces te rompo la cara." I threatened. (Then I'll break your face.)

She gasps and walks away along with the other sluts.

Angrily, I placed the beers on the table and took my seat next to Nathan.

"You're jealous." Nathan teased.

"Why shouldn't I be? Those sluts were all over you." I pouted.

"You know my heart belongs to you, Melinda." Nathan said, he placed his hand on my cheek and brought my face to his and kissed me. His lips were like herion to me, I needed them and I couldn't give them up. We pulled apart and I whined.

"I want more." I whispered.

"I want you." He whispered back and he kissed me once more.

"Promise me something." I said.

"Anything." He said.

"When we go back don't leave my side." I said my eyes closed and my forehead rested on his.

"I don't plan on leaving your side ever again. Only death could keep me away from you." He said.

"I love you more than life, Nathan." I said.

"You have no idea how much I love you. I never thought in a million years this could happen to me. When I was heartless you found my heart." He said.

"Let's drink to that." I said taking my beer and moved his beer closer. Natha picked it up.

"I drink for you and for us." He said.

"I drink for you, me and world peace, oh and global waming." I added cheerfully, Nathan laughed and so did I.

Our beers clinked and then we drank.