Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Two

Image

(This is the new Melinda she's in a Mexican band called RBD and I thought she was perfect for potraying the new older Melinda.)

I ran to Peter and jumped on him and he catches me.

"He's awake! He woke up! Nathan woke up!" I beamed with joy. I got off him and for a second I thought I saw disappointment in his eyes, not just that, almost like he didn't want Nathan to wake up. Why? I have no idea. I mean he's his best mate.

"So I've heard. I'll call John and tell him the good news." said Peter a little distant, but I could care less. Nathan was awake. He was awake and I was going to tell him how much I missed him and... damn. Now I know why Peter is upset, damn, I just acted so selfish and didn't think about Peter's feelings.

"He's on his way." He said as he came back. I bit my lip.

"I'm sorry Pete. I just acted so selfish." I admited in shame.

"It's alright." He said.

"No it's not." I said.

"Melinda, Nathan was abig part in your life. I don't expect you to get over him in such a small amount of time." He said.

Wait? He expects me to forget about Nathan? Why? He notices my shocked face.

"What?" he asked. I was still analyzing what he said.

"No--nothing." I stuttered.

John arrived a few minutes later. I was able to breath again for some reason. Charles came too.

"Melinda." he said as he hugged me, I hugged him back and stayed like that for a while.

"Ahem." said Peter. I quickly pull away.

"So, how did it happen?" asked Charles trying to sound casual.

"I was singing our favorite Muse song while I held his hand and then I felt it twitch. At first I thought it was my imagination, but then he did it again." I explained.

"He said you sang like an angel." complimented Charles.

"Thanks." I said.

"Melinda we should go." said Peter almost ordering.

"I want to stay." I said a little defensive.

"We have that double date with Jeff and Linda, remember?" said Peter.

"Oh, that's right. Umm..." I said not knowing what to do.

"I'll keep you informed, don't worry." said Charles.

"Thanks. I'll see you around." I said, and Peter took my arm and sort of jerked me.

The drive was pretty quiet, but I couldn't help but to smile. Nathan was going to live. But then I got sad because of Peter. He's been so nice and patient. I can't just break it off and act like nothing happened. This was when guilt kicked in and shame. How was Nathan going to take it when he finds out I'm dating his best friend?

The double date with Linda and Jeff, went by good. They were glad to hear about Nathan. Me and Linda had our bathroom break conversation.

"What now?" asked Linda.

"I don't know." I groaned and banged my head on one of the bathroom stalls.

"Busy!" yelled one of the girls.

"Sorry." I apologized."I wonder how he is going to take it when he finds out about me and Peter?"

"Break it off with Peter." Linda said simply.

"What?" I asked shocked. "I can't just break it off with Peter."

"Why not?" she asked.

I scoffed."He'll think I was just using him, it wouldn't be fair to him."

"You need to start thinking about yourself, Melinda, you care too much about others. Sometimes is a good thing, but in this case you need to be tough." said Linda seriously."How did Peter react when Nathan woke up?"

Good thing she changed the subject.

"He was sort of cold, distant like---"

"He didn't want Nathan to wake up?" Linda suggested.

"No." I said quickly, too quickly."I don't know...Ugh! Peter and Nathan are best friends, I'm sure Peter is happy that Nathan is awake."

"Yeah and I'm the wicked witch of the west." Linda said sarcastically. I roll my eyes and sighed.

I knew she was right. Why wasn't Peter excited about Nathan waking up? Was is it because of me? Becuase he knows I still love Nathan? That must be it. Would he think I would just dump him? I won't deny I'm thinking about it, but I don't think I have the guts to do it so codly.

~One Week Later~

Linda and Maya were out with their boyfriends. Melinda told Peter she was going to cook for him. It her was plan to let him down easy.

She made a chicken salad and some regular salad. Her old cook taught her how to cook the basics for survival, and she was deeply grateful.

Ding Dong!

I stop mixing the salad and head to the door and check to make sure it's Peter. I opened the door and then a bouquet a roses were on in front of my face.

"Rosas para una rosa." he said in spanish. (Roses for a rose.)

"Where did you learned to say that?" I asked as I took the flowers. He plants his lips on mine with a force and pulls away.

"Rodrigo taught me some spanish." he flashed a smile, I forced one as well. He was acting rather...happy. "So, what did you made?"

"Chicken salad." I said eyeing him suspiciously

"What?" he asked shrugging his shoulders innocently like he did nothing wrong.

"Nothing. Are you alright?" I couldn't help myself and asked.

"Perfectly fine. I have the most beautiful girl in the entire world by my side." He said as he snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me into another passionate kiss. He pulls away once more."Nathan is awake. I have every reason to be happy."

I give him a are-you-on-crazy-pills-look."ooooookay." confused I pull away from his grasp and go over to the kitchen and put the roses in a vase with water. All of a sudden a pair of hands are on my hips and spin me around. One of his hands goes behind my head and pulls me once more into another kiss, this one was aggressive and more lustful.

"Peter." I managed through say. He ignores my call and continues to kiss. He backs me all the way to the kitchen counter, he easily lifts me off the floor and places me on the counter."Peter stop!" I pushed him away, catching my breath.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm hungry."