Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Twenty-Two

{Nathan's Point of View} (First Person)

I punched him over and over again.

I stopped and lifted the poor guy by the collar to look me in the eyes.

"Tell me what I need to know and I'll stop." I warned in a hiss.

The guy was a mobster I used to know. He knew everything that was going on pretty much anywhere; if there was planned kidnapping for Melinda and there was going to be a ransom then he would know.

"I told you. I haven't heard anything for a kidnapping for the chick you're talking about." The man whimpered in pain. "But--"

"But what? Tell me now!" I shook him a little.

"There's a new mob family in Los Angeles that you might want to know. The Montellos just moved her a couple of months ago." My eyes widened.

"Is one of them named Kevin?" I asked.

"Yes! Wait! I heard he reserved a cabin up in Big Bear... his family is filthy rich." He wasn't lying. I let him go and he immediately runs away.

"So, it's Kevin." I said.

[Montello's Residence]

I waited in the living room as Mr. Montello was available. I thought I had heard the name Montello before when I first met Kevin. His father is another one of the druglords. He was right after us, but I guess now that we're out of the business he must be number one.

Father got me their address and he wanted to come with me but I said I needed to do this alone and he understood my decision.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Mr....?"

"Fullerton, Nathan Fullerton." I shook his hand with a firm grip and he seemed impressed.

"Ah, John's son. I remember you, you stole three of my best customers through your negotiations." He smiled.

I returned it. "I'm out of that business now."

"Too bad, you would've made a great opponet." He chuckled as we both took a seat. A maid came in with two whiskeys, I took mine and drank only a sip.

"So, how can I be of assistance?" He said.

"It's about your son... Kevin." I kept eye contact with him.

"What about him?" His muscles stiffened.

"He seemed to have kidnapped my girl." He furrowed his eyebrows as I said kidnapped.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He muscles relaxed, which meant he was lying, for a drug lord you must know to lie, and I know when they lie.

"Look, Melinda Gomez is my girl, he kidnapped her and if you don't tell me where he is then when I find him I will rip him to shreds." My tone was serious.

"And how will you find him if I don't tell you?" He puts on a smug smile.

"I know people, you of all should know the connection my father has, not to mention Sebastian Gomez, her father." His smile dropped as I as I mentioned Melinda's father.

"Oh that Gomez. I don't want any trouble with that Gomez, he's a dangerous son-of-bitch. I do remember his daughter, Melinda Bella Gomez, she was an adorable girl." He grinned pervertly.

I clentched my hands into fists.

"Please, sir, don't make me hurt you." I warned. "Where is she?"

{Melinda's Point of View}

Two days had passed and Kevin would only come to feed me and nothing else.

I was beginning to panic and many questions rushed through my head like a hurricane: Did my family know I had been kidnapped, for the third time in my life? Does Nathan know I was kidnapped? And more important, is he trying to find me?

Knock Knock.

It was ridiculous that he would knock. He peeked his head in.

"Mellie, it's your dinner." Kevin said coming in with a tray in his hand.

I wasn't looking at him, I was on the mattress with my knees up to my chin and hugged my legs.

"Why don't you let me go, Kevin?" I asked still not looking at him.

"I don't know what to do. I-I'm so confused. I love you, I love you--"

"No, you don't, you don't love me, you love the idea of me. I think I give you a sense of security or something." I interrupted, I lifted my head up towards Kevin. "When you truly love a person, you know how to let them go."

"I don't want to let you go. I want to have what we did, I want to hold you in my arms and plant sweet kisses on your cheek." Kevin reached down to touch my cheek but I smacked it away.

I stood from the mattress to meet him face to face.

"We did have that chance, but it's all over now, Kevin, it's over and it's never coming back. I can't offer you more than my friendship, because my heart is already taken by someone else, it belongs to someone else." My voice had so much power.

Kevin is clearly hurt by my words but I can't let him think I could ever love him again. Sure, at some points I thought I could, but then being with Nathan again made me realize just how much I love Nathan. I realize there is no one that has made me feel joy, happiness, and pain in so little time. I can't stand not being with him, he's my reason for breathing and living. Being apart drives me crazy; I never thought that love could be so wonderful and awful at the same time.

"Fine." He whispered. "I'll take you home tomorrow."

I smiled. "Thank you."

BAM!

The door of the cabin was brought down by someone kicking it down.

"Melinda?!" His voice filled everything inside of me with joy, it was Nathan.

"Nathan!" I ran past Kevin and went to Nathan's open arms.

He holds me tight and close. He sighs in relief.

"It feel so good to have you in my arms. To have you with me." He whispered in my ear.

"It's so good to have you hold me." I whispered back.

"And now... to take care of the bastard." Nathan pushed me away to his left side and took out a .45 gun with his right hand and pointed it to Kevin.

"No." I said touching his upper arm and tried to bring it down.

Nathan looks at me confused. "What?"

"Nathan, he was going to let me go." I kept eye contact with him.

"It's true man. She doesn't love me... she loves you." He dropped his arm to his side, sighe and nodded.

Nathan brings the gun down. "I know. I love her too."

"Which means you have to die!" Kevin yelled.

{Slow Motion} (Third Person Point of View)

Kevin reaches for his gun and quickly points it to Nathan's chest.

Melinda quickly caught it and her eyes widened in horror.

"Nooooo!!!" She said.

BAM! BAM! (gun shots)

As a shield Melinda hugs Nathan and feels two sharp feelings behind her back. Her nervous system quickly picks it up and pain goes all over her body.

"Mmm--eee--lll--iii---nnn---ddd---aaaa!!!" Nathan shrieked in horror, he caught Melinda's falling body.

Kevin realizes what he has done and falls to his knees and covers his face with his hands.

'No....hhh--how could I....? Mellie.... I'm so sorry.' Kevin thought, he was crying now. He took the .45 gun and placed it inside of his mouth.

'Mellie.' Was his last thought as he pulled the trigger.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's only three more chapters, unless I think of some ideas or if you would like to suggest any, FYI, Melinda and Nathan do end up together in my ending....so yeah.

Almost done!!!