Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Thirty-Nine

The wind hit my face and adrenaline ran through my entire body giving me the courage to do all sorts of tricks. I was out of practice but I was getting better by each minute. After a few hours it was as if I never stopped skateboarding. When I was done I went over to Peter who invited me to skateboard on a boring Saturday morning.

He was talking to some girls and while I was getting there the girls gave him their number in a paper.

I smiled sweetly at him.

“Finally getting out there?” I asked as I took off the cap of the bottled water.

He chuckled. “Yes, I think it’s time to move on.”

I guess I should feel guilty but I don’t. Deep down, I still had not forgiven Peter. He did me a lot of harm, but I’m no one to judge, I’ll leave that to big dude upstairs.

“You looked like you never stopped skating out there.”

“Yeah, thanks for inviting me, I needed to let out some steam.”

“Things with Nathan all right?” His tone seemed to insinuate something.

“Everything is perfect, actually we’re going to a wedding next Saturday.” I flashed a smile. I was so happy. I saw his eye twitch and smile.

“That’s great.” He gritted his teeth.

“Well, I should go. Nathan said—“

Nathan’s ring tone went off but it was a text message. It said…

‘can’t make it 2nite babe, conference meeting @ Las Vegas, NV, sry, I ♥ u.’

“Well, looks like I’m yours for the day, if you’re not doing anything.”

He shook his head. “Ooh, I’ve got Rock Band 2; I’ll invite Chuck and his girlfriend.”

“Awesome.” He knew I still wasn’t comfortable being completely alone with him.

A two hours later I was singing ‘Crush, Crush, Crush’ by Paramore.

Nothing compares to… a quiet evening alone… just the one two, I was just counting on!” I sang perfectly along. I missed a few words but I was sure I was going to get a 96 percent.

Peter was drums and Chuck was guitar. He was good with those fingers.

We moved on to other songs and had a blast. I just wish Nathan was here because his voice was amazing. I would still get tingly whenever I remembered his sweet voice singing me all of those beautiful songs.

When I got home Linda and Maya were on the couch watching some MTV. I had my I-pod and I was listening to Panda, a Mexican rock band and their song ‘Los Malaventurados No Lloran.’ God, that song is so fucking great. I mean if you understand Spanish it’s one of the greatest songs I’ve heard.

The song is about a guy who lost the love of his life, literally his girlfriend died and he’s singing that he wants things to go back to normal. He wants to talk to her to feel her and now he’s given up on love because she’s not there, and he wants to hate her because she left him alone and wounded but he knows it wasn’t her choice.

It’s really a great song.

“You’re listening to Panda.” Maya said as I turned off the I-pod.

“It wasn’t that loud.”

“I could tell by the look on your face.” Maya grinned and I rolled my eyes at her.

“Why is it that she gets all sentimental after she listens to Panda?” Linda thought out loud.

I reached for the nearest pillow and slammed it against her face. She cried out in pain and laughed at the same time.

“You bitch!” She said getting a pillow and threw it at me but I dodged it.

“Got to be a lot faster you slu-ore.”

“What the fuck is a ‘slu-ore?” Maya asked.

“It’s a combination of slut and whore.” I grinned proudly.

“That word doesn’t exist.”

“It does in my book.” I stuck my tongue out at them.

“You know for a genius you’re pretty stupid.” Linda said with an evil grin.

“Yeah, well at least I have some kind of smartness and didn’t burn my brain cells with Maria Juanita! (That’s Marijuana)”

She chased me around the apartment and throwing all kinds of things at me. I was safe when I got into my room.

She knocked the door down, not literally but then she got one of my pillows and hit me on the face.

“Ooh, you’re so gonna pay for that!” I growled as I reached for a pillow and chased her down the apartment. I finally tackled her down in her room and smothered her with the pillow.

Then someone knocked me down with another pillow.

“No fair, that’s two against one!” I complained as I saw Maya with a pillow in her hand.

“Don’t tell us Melinda Bella Gomez is going to give up so easily.” Maya teased.

The door bell rang.

“Saved by the bell.” I said getting off the floor and ran to the door.
I opened it and found Nathan with a case of chocolates and roses.

“Nath—oof!”

I was tackled from the side by Linda and Maya.

“HA! We win!” They said in unison.

“Okay, off my girl.” Nathan said and I was laughing.

Linda and Maya got off. Nathan scooped me into his arms. He took me to my room and dropped me on the bed.

“Hey, where are the chocolates?” I asked I straighten into a sitting position.

“I think Linda and Maya finished it by now.”

“Pigs.” I muttered but then grinned. “I thought you were in Las Vegas.”

“Meeting was postpone until next month.”

“Wicked, I get to have you all for myself for one whole month!”

“Yes you do.”