Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Fifty-Five

The door opened and Devlin stood there. He glared towards Nathan and smiled when he turned to me.

“Welcome, I heard your voice.” He said as he looked at me.

“I just got here.” I gave him a weak smile.

The tension grew the longer I stayed between them. I wanted to explain to them my situation and how difficult it was for me to chose between them.

“I made dinner.” Devlin grinned.

I heard something from Nathan like ‘kiss ass’. I kept a smile down and I turned to Nathan.

“I’ll come by later.” Nathan kissed my cheek.

“Ahem!” Devlin ‘cleared’ his throat.

I rolled my eyes and walked past him. I saw as Linda gave me a sheepish smile. I shook my head at her and went straight to my room. She followed me and closed the door.

“Why did you let him in?” I hissed at her.

“Sorry! But he started to tell me how much he loved you and cared for you and the next thing I know he’s cooking for you!” She laughed nervously. “He just got to me with his words.”

“Did you know Nathan was outside?”

She hung her head. “Yeah, I kind of prefer Devlin.”

I scoffed. “Devlin?”

“Yeah well… Nathan had his chance and he ruined it. Devlin deserves a chance.” She said.

I didn’t listen to her. “I need to change.”

“Right, um, dinner’s ready so we’ll start when you’re ready.” She walked out of the room and I went to my bed. I wanted to hide under the covers and never come out.

I changed into something nice and walked to the dining room. The girls were gone, what a surprise. The lights were dimmed down and there was soft music playing. I turned around and bumped into Devlin’s chest.

“Shit!” I cursed.

He laughs. “Sometimes I forget how sneaky I am.”

I smacked his chest. “My friends abandon me.”

“No, they did this for me.” He said.

“Well, this isn’t helping me.” I frowned.

He kissed me and there was that spark. I pulled away.

“Let’s keep this… formal.” I said and took a seat to eat.

He smiled and placed a plate in front of me. We ate and we talked about my work. He asked me what I did. I told him I was a gynecologist.

He was surprised because I was so young.

My mind began to wonder to Nathan and it ruined the moment. After dinner I told Devlin he should go. He didn’t pressure me and left. When the girls came back I was eating ice cream, they sat on either side of me and hugged me.

“Sorry.” Maya batted her eyelashes.

I laughed and hugged her.

“I’m not mad guys. I know you’re doing this because you care about me but I have to chose between them on my own.”

“All right, from now on we won’t help either guy.” Linda smiled.

“Thanks… I should go to sleep.” I sighed. “Going back to work.”

“All right.” Maya and Linda said.

I woke the next morning feeling down as always. I had to chose soon. I started to think about both of them.

Similarities between Devlin and Nathan are: They both kidnapped me, both were with Lucy and both love me.

Differences: Nathan has left the mobster business and Devlin is too deep to leave.

I can’t forget what Nathan and I have been through because it’s too much to forget. I took bullets for him and he took them for me as well. We’ve overcome psychos like Juan Rodriguez and Peter.

Not to mention he stuck with me when I lost my memory. But it seems that everything was against us. It seems everyone was against it. I don’t know if I have the strength to continue.

I can’t take being away from him but I also have feelings for Devlin. Really strong feelings towards him. Why do I always end up falling for the ones with the cold hearts?

I couldn’t put it off any longer.

I had to chose one. And I think I know who it is.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been... a while hehehe, but I'm back on track thanks to someone and I can't remember the username right now but I will mention you in the next chapter, pinkie swears!!!