Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Fifty-Seven

[Months Later]

I’m engaged. Nathan proposed just last night and I was so nervous and I had no idea because there was no lit candle dinner. He didn’t take to my fancy restaurant. We went to a carnival as we got off of the ride called Hammer. He just took out the small box from his left pocket and went down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

I screamed, yes!

That was three months ago and now I’m at the bride store getting a fitting for my dress. Linda, Maya and my mom came with me. I never thought I would be happy to be picking my dress. My first time I was forced and the second time as well, but now it’s going to be with someone truly special.

After so many years of pain and drama everything would be normal.

I tried on a dress I saw earlier and it was the one. I looked at myself in the mirror and I grinned from ear to ear. I turned my friends and mom.

“This is it!”

“It’s gorgeous,” Linda crooned. “You’re going to be so pretty!”

I couldn’t help but smile.

I spent the next several days organizing the wedding because Nathan and I decided to get married in five months. We didn’t want anything interrupting. I had to do less hours at the hospital, but it was all right.

I planned the menu and Nathan took care of the venue. It was so special he was taking in part of our wedding.

Devlin. Devlin went back to Ireland. He said he needed to forget me and some Irish country would do him some good. Kane was the only who stayed. Shane left with Devlin and Peter… well Peter has been AWOL for a long time and I didn’t really want to see him at the moment.

I liked how everything was going.

Everything seemed to go just perfect.

Nathan and I moved in together at his place. I had my things over and we were living as if we had always lived together. He and I talked and just placed right in.

A week before the wedding I was nervous.

I would re-check everything and panic when things didn’t go the way I had planned it.

If it wasn’t for Nathan I would’ve lost my head.

[Wedding Day]

I woke up with butterflies in my stomach.

I was nervous as hell.

I got up and had to do a bunch of calls and then get the bridesmaids ready. I had to go to the salon to get my hair and nails done. My mom took charge when she noticed how panicky I was. She told me I had to relax because it was my day.

The wedding was at three and it was one when I was done. I was going to the church in a limo. I kind of converted Nathan to Catholicism. He said it didn’t matter how he married me as long as he did.

Once I was ready I looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked good.

I was in the limo in less than an hour. I prayed that everything would go well. No shooting and no one ending up in comas. I hoped no one tried anything dumb, I thought of Peter. Hopefully he was over me and found someone else.

We arrived at the church in time. I went at the entrance and made sure everyone was ready. I saw my father and he gasped and I saw his eyes tearing up.

“Tan Hermosa.” He said in Spanish. (So beautiful.)

“Gracias, papi.” I said and kissed his cheek.

“You’re finally marrying the man you love.”

I let out a breather.

“I know.”

“He’s going to make up happy, I know it.”

I nodded.

A few minutes later the marching bride song came on. The bridesmaids went down the aisle. I held on to the bouquet rather tightly. My dad gave a reassuring smile and offered his arm. I took his arm and the doors opened for us.

Everyone turned from their seats to look at me.

Many flashes went off, but all I could see was the handsome man waiting for me at the altar. I saw the sparkle in his eyes.

Those eyes that looked into my very soul.

Those eyes that told me he loved me.

Those lips that left a trail of fire whenever they touched me.

I was relieved to reach the altar. His eyes never left mine until my dad handed my hand to Nathan.

“You take care of her with your life… or I’ll end yours.” My dad joked.

Nathan nodded. “With my life, I promise sir.”

Nathan and I turned to the priest.

“We are gathered here today…”

"Can't you bloody shut up?! It's three in the morning." said a boy around my age. Black hair and blue eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry did I wake you? You see I got KIDNAPPED! by some fuckin bastards!" I said, I go to attack him but he pulls out a gun, and I stop in mid-way."Gonna shoot me?"

"If I have to. And I'll tell you I won't hesitate." he said. I had just noticed he had a british accent.

"Betcha you feel all powerfull behind that gun. But without you're just a coward british boy." I spat with a glare. He smirks.

"Your opinion doesn't matter. You're just another subject." said the guy.

"What did I do to you anyways?" I asked.

"It's not what you did. But what your father did to mine. No more question, go to sleep or else I'll make you." said the guy.

"Let's see you try." I said, he walks to me, so that I hit the wall. He's close to my face. He thinks he can make me nervous, but he was wrong. He was a bit taller than me. I feel a pain in the back of my head and it turns dark again.


That was when I first met him. It was incredible how far we’ve come.

Here we were four years later.

There were times when I truly thought destiny was going to pull us away.

We fought though.

We fought until the end and now nothing could ruin this.

“Do you Melinda Bella Gomez take Nathan Fullerton as your husband in sickness, health for richer or for poor ‘til death do you apart?” The priest asked me.

“I do.” I said quickly.

He asked the same to Nathan.

“I do.” He said.

The priest declared us husband and wife. I laughed towards the end almost wanted to pinch myself to see if it was true. We were married!
♠ ♠ ♠
One more to go people!!!