Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Eight

"Yes!!!!" squealed Lucy standing up and jumped.

My heart sank as Lucy and Nathan shared a passionate kiss. Peter pulled my hand which brought me back. Now I was feeling anger and wanted some kind of revenge.

"I'd love to marry you Peter." I said, my smile looked so sincere. Peter slipped the ring in my left finger and stood to his feet. We leaned into a kiss. I made the kiss more passionate as I wrapped my arms around his neck, his hands resting on my waist.

We pulled apart."You've made me the happiest man on earth." said Peter, he lifts me by my waist and spun me around two times. I laughed as he spun me.

"Welcome to the Watson family." said Evelyn. I turned to face her and flashed her a smile.

"Thank you Mrs. Watson." I said.

"Please call me Eve. Now let me see that gorgeous ring." said Evelyn as she reached my hand and examined the dimond ring."Great quality work. Just as beautiful as the one who wears it."

"Thank you again...Eve." I said.

***

I was asked to spend the rest of the night at the house and accepted since it was almost midnight. I was back to the room next to Nathan. John insisted I stayed there, Peter put up a good fight but then he admited defeat. It didn't matter to me because right now I was angry and pissed off at him. I wanted to...to...kiss his soft lips and feel his toned body pressed against mine. No! I mustn't think like that! Bad Melinda! Bad Melinda!

I rolled over to my other side, but still couldn't get any sleep. I looked over the clock on the bed stand. 2:30 a.m. it read in red. I sighed in defeat and removed the covers covering my body and stepped on the cold marble floor of the room. I went to the wall where Nathan's room was next to. I rested my palm on the wall and sighed and closed my eyes. How I longed for one of his kisses. Three years in worry and mourning. Now that he was awake he was farther away than when he was in a coma. I slightly banged my forehead on the wall.

"Everything has gone so wrong." I whispered.

"Tell me about it." Nathan was at the door of my room. I looked at him in confusion at first. He walked towards me."Why aren't you asleep?"

"I can't sleep." I said still locked in his eyes unable to looks away, I could tell it was the samething with him since his eyes didn't look away either. Before I knew it was only one foot away. Our bodies and heart begged for each other. I had to force my hands behind me so it kept me from plunging into Nathan's arms.

"Why are we fighting what we both want?" He said seductively. I took a single step back and the back of my head hit the wall. I was trapped as he put his hands on either side of my head. Our eyes never left each other's gaze.

"And what would that be?" I tried to sound confused. He presses his body against mine, just like I wanted. now my heart was beating so fast you'd think I had been running the marathon. He leans down his head so he could whisper in my ear.

"Stop fighting your feelings, desires. It's useless." whispered Nathan, his warm breath felt good. I closed my eyes as I enjoyed his body against mine.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I was suprised my voice didn't stutter. But before my brain could register anything, I kissed him on the lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed his head closer to mine. Nathan didn't hesitate to kiss me back, he was enjoying this as much as I was. Nathan took control as he lifted me off the ground by my butt, but my back was still on the wall, so he held me in that position; he did it with one hand, and with the other he caressed my thighs in a sexual way. His lips depart from mine and goes down to my neck and searches for my weak spot. He didn't took long to find it and started to suck and nibble his tongue sending a strange and hormonal feeling all over my body. His name silently escaped my lips. Right now nothing mattered, it was only me and Nathan and nothing else. I lift his tank top off and line his abs with my finger tips slowly, remembering every line. I wrap my legs around his waist as he whispered in my ear. He walks over to my bed and places me on it as he was top of me.

He starts to lift my shirt and kisses my stomach. As he lifted the shirt he kissed further up. He stopped as he reached my bra. He went around my breast and kissed the top of my clevage. I take the rest of the shirt off. I rolled us over so I was on top of him. I kissed his toned abs and messaged some of his muscles slowly and lustfully I grinded on him. My name escaped his beautiful lips. But then it hit me slowly, what was I doing?

"Nathan...Stop." I whispered. But he continued to kiss me. I pushed him off me and stood."You need to go, Nathan." With my back turned to him I spoked.

"Melin--"

"Go away Nathan!" I hissed in anger, my back still turned. I hear him get off the bed and walk towards me. As I feel his body hit behind me and his hot breath on the back of my neck, I take several steps forward."I'm begging you, Nathan, go.away." Suddenly I'm spunned to meet his eyes. They were angry and hurt and most of all...Confused.

"Stop playing games with me Melinda! You first kiss me and then tell me to go away?! What's your deal?" he demanded. I turned angry and pushed him back.

"We're both engaged. This isn't right." I hissed in a whisper.

"Oh, and dating my best friend isn't right." He snapped.

"Oh, so now I'm a slut?!" I snapped back in anger and I poked his hard chest.

"Let record show, you called yourself that--" Immediately my palm made contact with Nathan's cheek. His head turned because it was unexpected, it was my instict. He had just insulted me, I was not going to take it.

"Look Nathan. I was alone and you were in a coma with no hope of waking up." I started to explain myself.

"So you went for Nathan for comfort. Someone to warm your bed." once again I slapped.

"If you think that's what I would do, then you don't know me at all. I am sorry for hurting you Nathan but I will not let you insult me. Ya hear?" I spat in anger.

"Look it's understandable, I wasn't there, Peter was, it's only logical--"

"Stop it! I love you Nathan, but I will not let you make me the villian of this story. I can't explain things to you if you won't listen." I said tiredness in my voice."You have no right to judge me."

"I have every right. I gave up three years of my life asleep for you and when I wake up I find my girl with my best friend. Do you have any idea how that feels?" He spat.

"And how do you think I felt when you were in a coma. I didn't leave your side the first year, but you gave no hope of waking up. I needed to move on and in the process I fell in love with another man." It was hard to say the last words because it was a complete lie.

"Then I guess you're happy." He looked like he was about to cry."That's all that mattered to you." He stormed out of the room and I was left there...Alone and dead inside.

***

Breakfast was quiet since Nathan refused to come down and a servant ended up taking his food upstairs. I spent most of the morning talking to Evelyn, she wanted to know what kind of wedding I wanted. I told her a small one. Not a lot of people.

I asked Peter to take me home, I needed to get out of there. I was back in my dress and walked to a warm morning. I let the heat hit me as I took a wift of the pine smell, like last night.

"Ready love." said Peter coming out of the house and gently took me by the arm and walked me to his car, which was parked in the oval parking. I took a quick look at Nathan's window and for a second I saw him, Nathan quickly closes his blind, like he was looking at me the entire time.

Most of the ride was silent. What was there to say? We were close to my home when Peter decided to break the silence.

"Big suprise huh?" Peter looked so happy. Why could't he see that I was dying on the inside? That every second away from Nathan's touch was a torment to me.

"Yeah, huge suprise." My eyes widened as I said 'huge'. Peter reached for my hand with his free hand and interlocked our fingers together. Body tensed at his touch.

"Why are you tensed, love?" asked Peter as he pulled my hand to his face and planted a kiss on my hand."You're going to look so beautiful in the wedding. I can't wait."

"Yeah me either." I said in a low voice, I turned my face to the window and noticed the dark clouds forming in the sky. I guess the weather knew how I really felt. He parked in front of the apartment building."Bye." I tried to pull out of the grip, but he merely tighten the grip."Peter, I need to go."

"Why are you not happy?" He asked in a dangerous tone.