Status: Inactive

Untitled

Chapter Five

I awoke before the normal buzzing of my alarm clock. It wasn't even a few seconds before the alarm or even a few minutes. No, I woke up an entire hour before my alarm was set to wake me up. I peered out the window, into the darkness of morning. I still have no clue why I do this, I should know by now it is dark when I wake up. I glanced at the clock.

4:16 am. "Great," I said. I laid my head back down, threw the pillow over my head and attempted to get that last hour of sleep in. But I was anxious to find out who the woman was and I could not make my thoughts stop racing. I glanced at the clock again.

4:45 am. "Fine!" I yelled out, "I might as well just jump out of bed anyways." I slid the covers off of my body and shut off the alarm. Carefully I made my bed, exactly how I always made it. I walked slowly to my computer, turned on the screen, and lit up a cigarette. I checked the normal; weather, news, and sports. Before I stood up to make my way to the bathroom, I checked the clock again.

4:54 am. I grabbed the clothes I would wear to the bakery and headed to take a shower. The steam from the heat of the shower felt good on my skin as I entered into the water. I roughly massaged the shampoo and conditioner into my hair and stood underneathe the shower head to rinse off all of the soap.

I snatched the towel outside of my shower and wiped the steam from the mirror. As I did so I could here my mothers voice, 'Stop it, your smearing the entire mirror.' To bad for her this was my apartment, my rules. I combed, blow-dried, and straightened my hair to perfection. I carefully put on my eyeliner, foundation, and mascara; then opened the bathroom door to my kitchen.

5:15 am. I was over an hour ahead of time. This could end up being a good day. I filled my coffee cup with half coffee, half creamer; and went to brush my teeth. As I brushed my teeth memories began to flood back into my head. I threw the toothbrush down and walked to my room. I pulled out the old yearbook that I had from my senior year and looked through entire yearbook.

5:27 am. As I passed the pages, one by one, I couldn't help but notice this same girl in pretty close to every page. Stupid prep, my brain immediately spat out. I was surprised by my reaction, I hadn't judged anyone as a prep in years. It was odd to have this feeling again.

5:43 am. I ended up on the senior page, my classes page. So many memories on two flimsy pieces of paper. One specific picture jumped out at me, through all of the other classmates, one stood out. 'Amber Limbert', she looked so familiar. More than just she was in my class, she seemed to jump out of the page and stand next to me. She was the girl that had been on every other page, she was the girl that I had classified as a prep.

In her picture her golden blonde hair flowed over her shoulders and was a perfect match for her pale skin. With a closer look, she almost looked like someone I had just seen.

And then it clicked. She was the girl from the cafe. She was the girl who had ran her mouth about Kyle and I. She was the reason I was in Kansas City now.

She wanted to meet with me? She wanted us to 'catch up'? How fucked up was this girl? I stole a look at the clock 5:58 am it read. I had to go.