Revenge From Past Times

Chapter Four

Four weeks ahd passed and things were back to normal. Every day would end; sad thoughts. Every Friday would come; sad thoughts gone. I would go to my special place and write, it was the only time the figure was thought about.

it was five weeks on from the last time I had seen the figure. Things had started out as usual. My day ended, but I had had to stay behind for an opening evening. I was going to be really late that night. Mum wouldn't mind anyway, she never did.

Opening evening finished and I went off donw my lane. There was one problem though- I couldn't see where I was going. I tripped and fell, bruising and cutting my arms and legs. I had bumped my head a few times too.

As the noises rose above the trees, white ripples sailed across the sky. A blanket slowly eating my only source of light. Little rays shone on my face. I nearly missed my spot as something caught my eye; but then it disappeared. I wasn't going to be writing, so I just let my imagination run wild.

I was cut in my tracks as a quiet snap of a twig entered my ears. I sat up and looked around. Nothing. Lying back down, it came again but carried on. It was completely dark now, hardly being able to see my hand in front of my face. What was making the noise? Then I saw it, as a beam of light caught the eyes of a face I had being longing to see, but dreaded. A cry so familiar rang through my frozen brain. Arms lifted, fingers outstretched. I was flying through the air now. Why now after so long? Why me?