I'd Run Away With You

Ti Amo

"Mikey! Mikey come here! What happened?" Frank and Mia ran over to the boy, demanding answers.
"She was going to stay! She was with these two other guys and she was going to stay there!"
"Oh…"
"Yeah! It just makes me so mad that she thinks she can do that. After all we've done for her!"
"Well she is a princess…"
"I DON'T CARE! We're her friends! Gerard's her boyfriend!"
"Not for much longer I don't think."
"Oh for fuck's sake."

"Ava! Ava please!"
"Gerard what could you possibly have to say? Another apology? Another explanation?"
"I…"
"Yes?" Her eyes burned into him like fire as she stood there, arms crossed and waiting.
"I want to know what I can do to get you to forgive me." He stared back at her, as if to show he wasn't afraid of her.
"I don't know."
"So there's nothing at all."
"I don't know."
"Or maybe there's something and you just don't want to say."
"Or maybe there isn't." She looked away.
"Fine." He walked away, leaving her standing where she was.

"Gerard?"
"Hey Mikes."
"Sorry for being moody."
"It's ok. I'm moody now."
"How come?"
"I tried talking to Ava. We're just…we're both so damn stubborn. She won't tell me what I can do to help the situation and I don't have the patience to stand there waiting for an answer."
His little brother looked at him, "I guess we might both be single soon then. Unless you guys can sort something out."
"Yeah…that would suck. I really really like her as well."
"So sort it out."
"I don't know how."
"You'll find a way."

They gathered back at the car, made sure everyone was present and went on their way, Mikey, Frank and Mia the only ones chatting. The mood was lighter than it was earlier but Gerard and Ava still stubbornly refused to talk to each other or acknowledge each other's presence even though once again they were sat next to each other. Finally, Gerard gave in. He leant closer to her and whispered so only she could hear, "Ti amo." She turned to look at him and saw his expression was so sincere, he couldn't have said it without meaning it. He smiled, took her hand in his and held it there, unwilling to let her go, "You mean it?" she whispered back.
"More than anything."