I Won't Go Down By Myself

Are You Alright?

Sarah and he father pulled into the hospital parking garage, the radio being the only noise between them. Sarah jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped and headed towards the large building.

'Please be okay, please be okay.' The thought ran through her head like a broken record.

After an agonzing ten minutes of searching and retrieving information, Sarah got her mother's room number and lead the way for her father. [After spending so many days in here, she knew her way around better than most anybody.]

Sarah finally caught sight of her mother's room. She quickened her pace, hoping she was still there. Rounding the doorway, Sarah saw her mother, sitting behind a lunch tray, happily munching away.

"Hey sweetie!" she smiled as she noticed her daughter. "How was school?"

"Mom, are you alright?" She walked over to the bedside, not noticing any serious trouble.

"I'm fine! They just couldn't get my fistula to work at dialysis today. They're going to de-clot it tomorrow and I'll be home by Monday."

"Oh thank God." Sarah was so happy she could have cried. Her dad walked in and the three of them sat and talked.

"Well, I've got to get to work," her dad sighed as he got up from is chair.

"Already?" Glancing up at the clock, Sarah noticd that it was just after three- they were actually late. "I'm sorry, Mom. I'll come out later."

"No, stay home and finish your homework. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright Mom. Love you."

"Love you."

Sarah walked out of the hospital carrying a smile on her face. Her mom would be home soon.

That was all she could ever ask for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, when I said there'd be more updates, I forgot that I wouldn't be here for a few days...
Sorry guys. =[ I'll try not make promises I can't keep anymore. Love you. <3