Adopt a Soldier, Vengeance!

Chapter 6: The Gang

Tori's P.O.V.

Zacky effing Vengeance I can't believe it, its awesome yet weird I mean I'm going to be living with a guy that I've had a fan girl crush on for years.

I sighed as we pulled up to this amazing house near the water "Oh, wow this place is amazing!"

Zack smiled and said "Welcome home!," he opened the door and stuck out his hand to help me "Come on lets go meet the others shall we?"

I smiled back and took his hand "Let’s get this over with!"

He laughed and helped me up the driveway "In we go!"

He opened the door and yelled "We're here!"

All at once I heard a bunch of running foot steps coming towards us and I tensed "Whoa guys slow down don't freak her out."

The foots steps slowed and a group of people showed up in front of us. I smiled "Hey what's up guys?"

Jimmy looked at me then at Zack and asked "Ok who did you pay to dress up like a soldier?"

I laughed and said "Dude I am an army soldier I have the dog tags and the gun shot wound to prove it, I'm Tori."

Johnny looked at Zack and sighed "How much do I owe you?"

I looked at Zack and asked "What is he talking about?"

Zack said "Let’s go into the living room so you can sit down and then I will explain everything."

Zack lead us into the living room and we all sat down on the couches, well Zack had to help me sit since it kinda hurt to move at the moment. After we were all settled in Zacky told me of the bet Jimmy and Johnny made, that I would look like a butch. I just laughed at it.

"You know not every girl that’s in the army is a butch, oh oh oh and that reminds me, I'm getting honorably discharged, so I won't have to go back to Iraq. I am officially retiring from the army."

Zacky looked at me shocked and asked "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

I shrugged and said "I just found out like two days ago."

"Oh...........What are you going to do now that you're not in the army?"

I thought about it and said "I don't really know something with music though, I have my master’s degree in music management and my bachelors in Music production, and now that I'm living in California and with my experience in the military I should be able to find a decent job."

Matt said "You could work with us, if you wanted, we start recording in a few months."

I looked at him then at Zack wondering what he thought about it, he smiled and said "I think that is the best idea you've had all day Shads."

I giggled and said "Alright I guess I can work with ya'll," I let out a yawn "Fuck I'm tired."

Zack stood up and stuck his hand out for me "Come on I'll show you your room."

I looked at him like he was crazy "But...........you know what never mind you won't let me win this argument anyways, I'll see you guys later."

They all laughed and said "Later!" and I grabbed Zack's hand and he lead me to the stairs I looked up to the 2nd level and then at Zack.

"There is no way in hell I am going to make it up there."

He said "I'll carry you duh."

I rolled my eyes and muttered "Smartass!" under my breath.

Zacky chuckled as he picked me up bridal style careful not to hurt me. He carried me up to my room and set me down, "And here we are, this is your room." He opened the door, the room was beautiful, the walls we a deep red striped with black and the furniture set was all cherry wood, even the giant four poster bed, which was covered in a beautiful black, red and tan quilt. I turned to Zack and said "It's beautiful, thank you so much!"

He smiled and said "Don't mention it, so you have your own bathroom and walk-in closet and my room is just across the hall, if you need anything just come find me."

I smiled and hugged him "Thank you so much Zacky, you didn’t have to do this for me."

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly "With everything you've been through in the past few years you deserve it, I'm gonna go grab something comfortable for you to change into and I'll be right back."

I nodded and walked into the room just marveling at it, it was b-e-a utiful, the nicest room I've ever had. Luck must have been on my side lately to end up with such an amazing friend as Zack, I seriously don't know where I'd be if it weren't for him.

I sighed as I sat down on the bed thinking about everything I've been through, it was amazing that I was even alive to day with some of the crazy dumb shit I pulled in Iraq, but I earned my self a medal of honor for it, the highest accomplishment any soldier can receive. I was pulled out of my thoughts as Zack walked back in. "You alright?" he asked.

I nodded and smiled "Yeah I was just thinking that’s all, it happens a lot after we get back from war, so if I space off or anything don't freak out."

He laughed and said "For you spacing off just seems normal to me after talking to you for so long, you’d space off even when you still in Iraq. Anyways here you go, you gonna be alright up here all by yourself?"

I rolled my eyes and said "Zacky I'm 25 I think I can take care of my self, I may be wounded but I'm not incompetent," I saw the look he was giving me and said "If I need anything I will come find you!"

He smiled and said "Alright then I'll leave you too sleep!" he wrapped me in a hug again and kissed my forehead, "Welcome home Tori!"

With that he walked out and I carefully changed into what he'd given me and crawled into bed.