Adopt a Soldier, Vengeance!

Chapter 7: Nightmares of War

Zack's POV

I was so happy to finally have Tori here, I'd always known she was beautiful from pictures but damn in person she was gorgeous and funny. During the year we've been talking back and forth I've learned so much about her she's one sarcastic bitch but she's a really sweet girl too. I wonder what the guys think of her.

I walked into the living room and saw all of the guys lounging around with the girls drinking beer. "So, what do you guys think?" I asked.

Brian was the first to speak up "I think she's kick ass, dude she's seriously a soldier to the core yet she seems so I don't know soft spoken and sweet. Now that I think about it it's kinda scary, she comes off as this sweet innocent girl then bam she shoots you." He shuddered.

I sighed and said "Brian she won't shoot you unless you kill someone else, and she may be able to show you a thing or two more about guns though!"

He smiled and said "I like her!"

The rest of the guys nodded in agreement. Matt decided to speak his mind as always "She seems kind of tense though, it kinda makes me wonder about the kinda shit she went through being over in Iraq for three years. That's had to have fucked with her head seeing all of that, seeing her friends and people she knows getting shot and dieing."

I nodded as I sat down in my chair "It has man, she's told me about the nightmares she gets sometimes of things that have gone on. Oh I should warn you guys since she warned me before she moved here, if she's sleeping and you wake her up back up fast because she will take you down."

Johnny nodded and said "I believe that, but Chris and Kevin are the same way we just make loud noises until they wake up now. After getting the shit beat out of you by them it kinda teaches you a lesson."

I laughed and nodded "Yeah, man! Oh did you guys know she was awarded the medal of honor?" They all shook their heads "Well yeah apparently she literally risked her life to save her squad and the villagers in this one town that was being raided. She told me about it in one of her letters. She's even surprised she's alive today because of it. Right as she got this whole family out of one of the houses it was blown up by an RPG literally 30 seconds after they all got out!"

“Damn this chick is badass!” Brian stated.

I shook my head and said “Yeah, but she’s been through so much shit in her life, like before she joined the Army, her life was pretty shitty.”

Sam being the curious George that she is asked “How was her life before the Army?”

I shook my head again and said “It’s not my place to say, she’ll tell you eventually.”

Tori’s POV

I had fallen asleep and I was dreaming I was back in Iraq, I was running through open fire to save Kevin and Chris but as I got closer to them an RPG went off and they were killed almost instantly I watched as they were torn apart and bleeding on the ground in front of me. I woke up screaming and sweating. I took in my surroundings and realized I was in my room at Zack’s house, Zack came rushing into the room. “Hey are you alright?” He asked as he came and sat down next to me.

I nodded my head “Yeah, it was just a dream, a really bad dream.”

He rubbed my back and asked “Want to talk about it?”

“I was back in Iraq and for some reason we were in battle, I could see that Kevin and Chris were in trouble and they needed help so I ran through open fire to where they were but as I was getting closer and RPG went off and killed the both of them. God I hate these stupid dreams, it happens every time I come back. They are so vivid I feel like I’m back there fighting for my life I can feel everything and smell everything it just fucking sucks!”

Zack wrapped his arms around me and said “It’s alright, you’ve been through a lot of tough shit, it tends to stick with you, it happens, just know that Kevin and Chris are safe and on their way back home right now and that you are safe here no one is going to hurt you!”

I nodded and wrapped my arms around him, “Thank you for everything Zack, I seriously don’t know where I’d be right now if it weren’t for you.”

He kissed the top of my head and said “Don’t mention it sweetie! Are you gonna get some more sleep?”

I sighed still leaning on him “I don’t think I can go back to sleep after that dream, if I do I’ll just end up having another nightmare once they start they don’t stop for days. Can we watch a movie or something?” I asked as I turned my head to look at him.

He smiled and said “Yeah of course, there’s a TV and movies in my room so you don’t have to walk up and down the stairs on you leg, if you want to watch in there?”

I nodded and we let go of each other so I could get out of bed, with his help of course. I really hated not being able to do things on my own but now that I had to depend on someone it made me feel helpless. Zack led us into his room and I laid back down on his bed. He walked over to his movie collection that he had in his bedroom then turned to me “What do you want to watch, I have all the Underworld movies, Blade, Friday the 13th, the new and original Halloween, The Godfather, The Marine and Stoploss?”

I cringed at the last one “Definitely not stoploss, I don’t think I could handle that one since I’ve been stoploss’d. Um how about The Marine.”

He nodded and turned to put it in the DVD player, as he was putting it in he asked “I thought Army and Marines didn’t get along?”

I laughed and said “There’s a rivalry there but we get along just fine, we’re all fight for the same thing, and for the most part we all go through the same shit. Army and Navy however there is more of bitter rivalry there…don’t ask why I’ve never really figured it out myself, but it’s not really a rivalry we all look out of each other and stick up for each other when we need to, I guess its just the football teams that make the rivalries.”

He nodded and crawled into bed next to me as the movie started, “Have you seen this movie before?”

I nodded and said “Hell yeah, its one of my favorite movies, I love it!”

He chuckled and hit play. Half way through the movie I somehow ended up laying on Zack and falling asleep with his arms wrapped in a protective embrace around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey if you guys have any ideas as to what you want to happen in this story just comment me and I can see what I can do....

<3 ShortyT