Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

A New Beginning

“I can’t believe I’m finally moving to California,” I thought to myself on the plane. I turned on my iPod and put on my favorite Green Day song…Stuart and The Ave. Soon enough I fell asleep.

“Miss, miss wake up, the plane has landed” I woke up to find one of the stewardesses tapping me on the shoulder. “The plane has landed, you need to get off,” she said.

“Oh, uh, thanks.” I slowly got off the plane and picked up my luggage. Then I was off to my new apartment that I would be sharing with my best friend Rhianna. I couldn’t wait. Now all I had to do was find a cab to take me there…this was going to be interesting.

“God! Why the fuck aren’t there any cabs around when you need one?” I mumbled to myself. Finally I saw one coming towards me. I was waving my arm to make the cab driver stop, but he just kept going, and of course, having the luck I do, he drove threw a puddle as he passed me…getting all of my luggage and myself wet. “Great, this is just fucking dandy” I said angrily.

“Do you need a ride?” I heard someone behind me say.

“No, I’m fine” I said as I turned around to face them. I was met by the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen. “oh my god, you’re….you’re Billie Joe Armstrong, but you already know that, so I’m just going to shut up now.” Billie Joe laughed at this….wow.

“Seriously though, do you need a ride?”

“Um…yea I guess so. Thanks.”

“No problem. By the way…what‘s your name?”

“I guess that might help huh? My name’s Lisa”

“Lisa. Cool.”

Wow! I can’t believe that I’m actually getting a ride to my new apartment from Billie Joe Armstrong! And he thinks my name is cool! Wait, don’t get ahead of yourself…he’s married for fucks sake. Then we got into his wicked black BMW…very nice by the way. “:So, um, I need to go to 128 Madison Ave.” I told him.

“Ok, I know exactly where that is.”

I was just looking out the window, taking in all of the beauty that Oakland had to offer when I kept hearing this voice in my head. What is that? I wondered. Then I realized that Billie Joe was talking to me. Oops. “Huh?”

He laughed and said, “I asked you why you’re here.”

“Oh. I just got out of college and I didn’t want to go back and live in Oregon, so I came here to live with my best friend.”

“That’s awesome, what did you study while you were in college? I mean, if you don’t mind me asking”

I laughed, and said, “No, that’s fine, I studied medicine for awhile, but I got tired of that, and I had started to get really into music, so that’s what I majored in”

“Music…really? That’s awesome, do you play an instrument?”

“Actually I do, I play guitar and piano”

“Hey! Me too!”

I laughed at this and went back to looking out the window. Pretty soon we arrived at Rhianna’s apartment. I really don’t want to get out of the car, but I know I have to. “Thanks for the ride,” I said.

“It’s no problem, really. Hey, maybe I’ll see you around Oakland sometime.” And with that, he drove off.

“I hope you do too.” I said and walked into the apartment building.