Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Reunion

*Recap*

“I can’t believe it. After all of this. Us becoming friends again, actually moving past the break up, you’re with him!” He stopped pacing and glared at me.

“Billie…listen, I’m not…”

“Well I hope you two live happily fucking ever after!” He hissed, striding back to his car.

I couldn’t let him leave thinking that I was dating Ethan. I wasn’t and I never would, nor would I want to. There was only one person I wanted to be with. And right now he was about to walk out of my life. “Billie!” I yelled, hoping he would stop. He didn't.

“What?” He opened his car door.

“Stop!”

“Why the fuck should I?”

I only hesitated a moment. “Because I love you, you fucking idiot!”

Billie stopped moving, then wheeled around to face me, all traces of anger gone. He walked toward me briskly and pulled me close, placing one hand on the back of my neck and the other on the small of my back. Then he caught my lips in the most breathtaking and passionate kiss I had ever experienced.


*End Recap*

Finally realizing what was happening, I snaked my arms around his neck, pulling him as close as humanly possible. I couldn’t think straight. And although my breathing was becoming uneven and labored, I felt like this was the first time I had actually taken a breath in weeks. Slowly, our lips parted and our eyes met. Billie’s were dazed, but bright with excitement and anticipation. A smile slowly crept it’s way onto my face, mirroring Billie’s expression. I searched for the right words in my mind, trying to decide what to say. There was so much I wanted to say. So many questions I wanted to ask. But now wasn’t the right time, there was nothing to be said. I closed the distance between Billie and I again, wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my head against his chest.

Billie lowered his head so that it rested on mine and sighed happily. “I love you too,” he murmured, kissing the top of my head.

I raised my head, pressing my lips to his once more. “Come inside and stay for awhile.”

Billie didn’t say anything just smiled and began walking towards my apartment building, his arm still around my waist.

I sat down on the couch and gestured for Billie to join me. There was something I needed to ask, desperately, although I think I already knew the answer. “We’re back together now?” I asked, searching Billie’s eyes.

A smile flickered across his face. “Yes,” he answered, simply.

I smiled, pressing my lips to his for the third time in ten minutes. “Good.”

Billie’s arm encircled my waist again, pulling me onto his lap. He slowly lowered us onto the couch, my body resting on his. I continued kissing him, my lips finding their way to his neck. I trailed light kisses up and down his neck until his hand gently pulled my face up to his so that he could kiss me. Grinning in my head, I opened my mouth more when I felt his tongue running over my bottom lip. The feeling was so sweet and I never wanted to let it go. His mouth left mine and began kissing my now exposed collar bone, sucking ever so slightly once in awhile.

“Oh God,” Rhianna said, coming to a halt in front of us. “I am so sorry.”

Sighing, Billie removed his lips from my shoulder and looked up, smiling at Rhianna. I shifted off of Billie’s chest and sat up. Billie sat up also, snaking an arm around my waist once more.

“Hey.” I greeted, still flushed from our reunion.

“Hey. Sorry, I was upstairs and I thought I heard something strange so I came down to see what it was. I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

“It’s okay,” Billie answered. “We were just, um…”

Rhianna’s eyebrow rose and she smirked at us. “Making out?” she offered.

“Uh, yeah.” Billie said, looking at me. “We’re back together,” he finished, smiling at me.

I smiled back, almost forgetting that Rhianna was in the room. Snapping back to reality, I turned my attention back to her. “Yeah, we are.”

“Finally!” Rhianna grinned, then pulled me into a hug. “I knew you loved him,” she whispered into my ear.

“You were right.” I whispered back.

“Alright, well, I’m going to, uh…go. So see you later.” Rhianna spun and bolted out of the apartment.

Shaking my head, I sat down on the couch. “So…” I trailed off, eyeing Billie.

“So…” he repeated.

Abruptly, a grin broke out across his face. And the next thing I knew he had lifted me up into his arms, wedding style, then began carrying me up the stairs. I grinned and kissed him, anticipation surging through my veins. We reached my room and Billie kicked the door closed behind us, then gently laid me down onto the bed.

***

“Lisa!” Tré yelled, running up to me and giving me a hug. “I haven’t seen you in forever!”

“Tré, it’s been, like, a week.” I pointed out, wriggling free of his bone crushing embrace. “But, it’s nice to see you too.”

“So what’s up? I haven’t talked to you in forever.”

I rolled my eyes at his hyperbole. “Well,” I started.

“Hey Lisa. What’s up?” Mike asked, coming down the stairs of the studio in Billie’s basement.

They were rehearsing some new stuff today and Billie had asked me to go with him. And, of course, I’d agreed, wanting to spend time with my boyfriend. God, that felt so good to be able to say and think again. Only, we hadn’t told everyone we were back together. Actually, only Rhianna knew at the moment, but they would find out soon enough.

I began to answer again when Billie came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder. I smiled and turned my head to peck his cheek. In return, Billie lightly kissed my neck, murmuring a quiet ‘Hi’.

“Uh, did we miss something here?” Tré asked, eyeing Billie and I. “’Cause, I know you two are friends again and all, but I didn’t know that friends were that close. And If they are then, Lisa, can I kiss your neck too?” Tré winced in pain as Rhianna elbowed him in the side. “What? I was only kidding, I only want to kiss your neck.” Tré assured, planting a sweet kiss on Rhianna’s lips.

“Now, back to you two.” Mike said, pointing at us. “Like Tré said, I didn’t know that friends could kiss each other’s necks.” Mike grinned.

He knew we were back together, and so did Tré, they just wanted us to say it.

“Technically, I only kissed her neck. She didn’t kiss mine. Although I wouldn’t mind if she did.” Billie answered, coolly, kissing my shoulder.

I laughed, then looked back to Mike and Tré’s questioning expressions, Rhianna was smiling, mouthing ‘tell them’. I nodded. “Billie and I have reconciled. We’re back together.”

“It’s about fucking time!” Tré yelled, grinning. “And by the way Mike, that means that I won the bet.” Tré smiled smugly, and held out his hand.

“Yeah, ok, you were right.” Mike pulled out fifty dollars and placed the bill into Tré’s hand.

I could feel the confused look on my face. An expression that identically mirrored Billie’s. “Wait. What bet?” I asked, my eyes narrowed.

“Yes, Tré, what bet?” Rhianna questioned, one eyebrow quirked.

“Oh, yeah, I bet Mike that you two would be back together in less than two months, and it’s only been a little over one and half months since the breakup. Therefore, I win.” Tré answered, in a ‘duh, you should know this already’ kind of voice.

“Ah yes, right. A bet. We should’ve known they would do something like this.” Billie said to me. “After all, they are Tré Cool and Mike Dirnt.”

I nodded in agreement. “How long did you think it was going to take for us to get back together Mike?" I questioned.

“I said over two months.”

“Oops.” I replied, grinning.

“Yeah, well, you win some, you lose some.”

“True.”

***

Sighing, I slowly opened my eyes. It took me a minute to figure out where I was, then it came to me. ‘I’m at Billie’s’ I thought to myself. I tried to turnover, but I couldn’t. I heard a light snore behind me, then a grunt.

“Are you awake?” Billie whispered, nuzzling my neck.

“Mhm.” I hummed, moving Billie’s arms off of my waist so that I could turn over.

Billie opened his eyes and smiled. “Hey,” he greeted, pressing a kiss onto my lips. “God, I’m so glad I can do that again,” he sighed.

“You’re not the only one.” I rested my head on his chest, listening to the familiar and comforting sound of his heartbeat.

It was quiet for a few minutes, both of us just enjoying snuggling on the couch in Billie’s living room. I’d stayed here last night. We’d been watching a movie, then the next thing I knew, I had woken up and it was 11:31 AM.

“I love you,” Billie cooed, pulling me closer until, finally, my body was resting on top of his, our stomachs touching, and our legs tangled together.

“I love you too.” I smiled at the words, loving how they sounded coming from both my mouth and his.

“You know what?” Billie asked, pressing kisses onto my neck that were so light they felt like the wings of a butterfly brushing against me.

“Hmm?” I answered, my eyes drifting closed at his touch.

“I know that we just got back together yesterday, and this might be too soon, but I was going to ask you before we broke up anyway. And now is just as good a time as any…”

“What do you want to ask me Billie Joe?” I interrupted, so that he would stop babbling.

He took a deep breath and stared into my eyes. His gaze was intense and I was starting to feel a little nervous. What did he want to ask me?

“I think that…well, what I mean to say is,” he stumbled over his words.

Now I was really nervous., but excited at the same time.

“I think we should move into together. I know that we just got back together and everything, but I really feel like this the right thing to do, as far as taking our relationship to the next level. I mean, you don’t have to, or anything, but will you at least think about it. Even if you decide you don’t want to, that’ll be alright. I just really want…”

I clapped my hand over his mouth, cutting him off. “Billie Joe, be quiet for a second, okay?” I removed my hand from his mouth. “Listen Billie, we just got back together.” I started. His face started to fall ever so slightly. He tried to cover the hurt expression quickly, and nodded.

“I know. And if you’re not ready to move in with me, then that’s okay.”

I rolled my eyes. “Billie, of course I want to move in with you. I just wanted to hammer out the details.”

He didn’t hear me. “I mean, I’ll understand. We can wait longer, it’s fine.” He looked up at me with a confused look on his face. “Wait, what?”

I laughed. “I said that I do want to move in with you.”

“Really?” he asked, grinning up at me.

“Yes.”

His grin grew broader as he closed the space between our lips.