Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

The Omen

“Alright, that’s it! I’m going to kick your ass!”

“Oh really? Just like you’ve kicked my ass the last six times?” I smirked, hitting the X on my PS2 dance pad.

“That is completely beside the point, Lisa. I was just letting you get warmed up, but now that you are, no mercy!” Emilie yelled, getting ready.

I heard Billie Joe, Tré, Mike, and Rhianna laugh behind us. At the moment Emilie and I were playing DDR. I hadn’t played in forever, but I could still kick her ass at it, just like four years ago. As it turns out, the only person I hadn’t been able to beat yet was Tré. Apparently, he was a diehard closet fan of the game. Who knew?

The first arrows appeared at the bottom of our screens, and we were off. Emilie was actually doing really well for the first half of the song, but then she screamed as she lost her footing and fell on her ass. The room filled with laughter a moment later. I was laughing so hard that I had to sit down before I ended up next to her.

“That was,” Tré started.

“Graceful?” Mike finished.

Emilie glared at them, then stood up and smoothed her skirt back into place. “Shut up Mike.”

Tré snickered. “Yeah Mike, shut up. Don’t make fun of the poor woman. It’s not nice.”

“Hey! You’re the one who started it, I just finished what you were going to say,” Mike argued, pointing his finger at Tré.

“Yes, but Tré can actually play this game really well, which gives him the right to make fun of me. You can’t play worth shit, so you don’t get that right.” Emilie said.

“Jeez, try to have a little fun,” Mike mumbled.

“Okay, what now?” I asked, settling myself next to Billie.

“I don’t know, but it’s really late, I should take Rhianna home,” Tré stated, a gleam forming in his eye.

“Tré, it’s only 7:30.”

“7:30? Holy shit! It’s later than I thought it was. We have to go!” Tré jumped up, grabbing Rhianna’s arm and pulling her up too.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh quit the act. You just want to go so you two can have sex.”

Rhianna blushed and looked down.

“Maybe,” Tré said, grinning. “Oh come on babe, don’t be embarrassed, be proud,” he said, looking at Rhianna. “I mean, the way you…”

“Tré!” we all yelled.

Tré stopped, and just grinned. “Later!” then he sprinted out of sight and we heard the door close with a solid thunk.

Rhianna rolled her eyes and shook her head. “I’ll see you guys later. Emilie, it was nice to see you again.” She crossed the room and gave Emilie a final hug. “I better get out to Tré before he starts jacking off in his car.”

I laughed and nodded. “See ya.”

“So…” Billie mused. “What now?”

“I’ve got to get going too, Estelle is getting dropped off at 8:30,” Mike said, standing up. “It was nice to meet you Emilie. Bye guys.”

“Bye,” we all said.

“And then there were three,” Emilie said. “Hey, Mike and Tré are awesome. I can’t believe that two of my best friends are dating members of Green Day. It’s so…weird. I mean we’ve talked about this kind of thing before. How great it would be to have just one night with any one of you three.”

Billie quirked an eyebrow. “Oh really? Been dying to get in my pants for a long time huh?” He nudged my shoulder, grinning.

I sighed. “You wish, babe. You wish.”

Emilie grinned. “Actually yeah, she has.” she turned attention back to Billie. “You should have seen her binder in high school.”

“Emilie,” I warned.

“Have a lot of pictures of my sexy body?” Billie asked, his voice taking on that tone that only men get when they’re thinking something dirty.

“Only a few.” I shrugged. “I liked your band, what can I say? Although in high school, I preferred Mike over you.” I turned my head and winked at Emilie.

“You…what?” Billie cried in mock horror.

I laughed. “Aw, I’m just kidding, Honey.” I wrapped one arm around his neck and brought his lips to mine. “I’ve always preferred you.”

He smiled against my lips, then circled his arms around my waist, securing me to his chest, and deepened the kiss.

“Okay, stop. No fucking in front of the guest,” Emilie complained covering her eyes.

I pulled away. “Sorry, master,” I teased.

Emilie shrugged. “That’s okay.”

“Well, we could watch a movie,” Billie suggested. “But, we’ve seen them all.”

“Yeah,” Emilie and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed.

“We could play a game, like twister or something,” I said.

“I’m too old to play twister,” Billie quipped.

I smirked. “You’re only 34.”

“Like I said, I’m old.”

I sighed. “Ladies and gentlemen the Drama Queen of California.”

Emilie covered her mouth, trying not to laugh.

“Oh!” Billie yelled. “I got it. We could sing Anarchy in the U.K. as loud as possible and see how many people we piss off.”

“Oh there’s a good idea,” Emilie countered, shaking her head. “You’re weird.”

“I’m weird? Says the woman who actually decided to play along with Tré’s where’d I hide my shoe game earlier.”

Emilie opened her mouth to argue then stopped. “Okay, good point.”

“You two are five,” I said.

“Oh, like you aren’t.” Emilie grinned.

I just shrugged. I did have my moments.

“Okay, well, I know what I’m going to do. I’m just going to go out and explore for myself,” Emilie concluded, standing up.

“How are you going to get back? What if you get lost or something?” I asked.

“I have the address, I’ll take a cab back.” she grabbed her shoes and slipped them on then headed for the door. “Don’t wait up Mom,” she called.

Billie Joe snickered.

“You either, Dad.”

Billie’s smile vanished. “Ha ha.” ‘

I giggled, then rested my head on Billie’s chest, my fingers absently play with his shirt.

***

I yawned for the millionth time that morning as I took another bite of my cereal. It was only 8:00 in the morning and I wasn’t used being up this early, but I couldn’t fall asleep again after I’d woken up a half hour ago. So here I sat, just mindlessly eating cereal, waiting for the rest of the house to awaken. I jumped as I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I looked down as those muscled, tattooed arms stroked my stomach.

“Good morning,” Billie whispered against my hair.

I turned around on my stool to face him. “Good morning.”

He settled himself onto the stool across from me after grabbing a cup of coffee. “What kind of cereal is that?”

“Huh? Oh, frosted Flakes,” I answered, still trying to get my brain to function properly. “Hey!” I complained as my spoon disappeared from my hand.

“Mm. good.” Billie grinned and placed the spoon back in my bowl.

“Thief,” I grumbled.

The front door slammed and a few minutes later Emilie walked in. “Got your paper,” she said, setting it on the table next to me and also grabbing coffee.

“Thanks,” I mumbled, barely coherent.

“Well, someone’s bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning.” She smiled, then added,” As usual.”

“Hmph,” was all I managed to get out.

“Just like high school,” she mused, sipping her coffee.

“Yeah, I’ve noticed that she isn’t big on getting up at any hour before 10:00,” Billie said.

“Says the man who hasn’t gotten up before 12:00, until today,” I stated. “But, I’ll wake up eventually, just give me a few days.”

Billie Joe laughed and got up to dump out the rest of his coffee. “I’m going to the studio today. Tré and Mike want to work on some new things.”

I nodded. “Okay. What time do you think you’ll be back?”

“Probably around 12:00ish”

“Okay, great,” Emilie chimed in. “That will give Lisa time to show me around a little more before I have to leave tomorrow”

I nodded, then stood up, putting my bowl in the sink. “Well if I’m going to show you around I should probably get dressed.”

“Why? I mean, I love your MCR Pajama bottoms, everyone else probably would too.”

“Oh I’m sure they would Emilie.” Laughing I walked out of the room and went to find something to wear.

“You done yet?” Emilie called up the stairs. “I want to leave before I turn sixty.”

“Shut up, I’m coming,” I said, walking down the stairs.

“Jesus, finally.”

I rolled my eyes. “So dramatic. You and Billie should start an act together. ‘The Drama King and Queen of California’,” I said, slipping on my shoes.

“What should I do?” Billie asked, peeking his head around the corner.

I was just about to say nothing when Emilie cut me off. “She says we’re the Drama King and Queen.”

“As long as I get to be Queen,” Billie commented, smiling. “I mean, they do get to wear the fancy dresses and the tiaras.”

“My God, my boyfriend wants to be a woman,” I said, shaking my head.

“You knew that when we started dating though.”

I laughed and gave him a quick kiss. “Very true.”

“Alright, well, me must be going now,” Emilie said, grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Billie. “Be back later.”

“Bye,” I managed to get out as we turned the corner.

“Bye!” Billie called right before Emilie slammed the door behind us.

“Jesus, trying to pull my arm out of my socket?” I asked, as we walked down the street.

“Possibly.”

“So, where do you want to go?”

Emilie grinned and started running down the street. “I’ll race you there!” she called over her shoulder.

“But I don’t know where we going!” I yelled after her, starting to run.

“Not my problem!”

I laughed and ran to catch up with her.

***

Ten minutes later we finally slowed to a stop in front of a book store. “This is where you wanted to go?” I asked, pulling the one of the double doors open.

“Yep. I came here last night and they serve the best coffee that I have ever tasted.”

“Oh, coffee,” I yelled and ran ahead of her to get in line.

“Now who’s five,” she said, when she finally got there.

“Me, and I want coffee.”

Laughing Emilie said, “could you order me something, I’m going to go check out a few books over there.” She pointed, then began walking backwards.

“Sure.” I stepped up to the counter and ordered Emilie a smore’s cappuccino and a vanilla cappuccino for myself. Then walked back to where Emilie had told me she would be.

And stopped dead in my tracks.

I back peddled as fast as my legs would allow me and hid behind one of the book cases.

Holy fuck. That’s it! I’m moving to Africa and never fucking coming back I thought to myself. How had Emilie managed to find and talk to the one person that I never wanted to see again? Damn it all to fucking hell! I drew in a deep breath and slowly stood up straight and walked forward to give Emilie her coffee.

And I guess, if I was going to be polite, say hi to Ethan too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know, I keep bringing him back, but trust me, nothing will happen to Billie and Lisa because of it. So please don't be mad at me :)
<33 Lisa