Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Everything Is Getting Better

“Oh my God.” I whispered as I saw Billie Joe sitting in a chair across the room. “I am so nervous.” I told Rhianna.

“Relax, you’ll be fine,” she whispered back as we walked over to Billie, Mike and Tre.

“Hi.” Billie said without looking up, “you must be the peo….” He looked up and stopped mid sentence when he saw me standing there. “ Lisa.” He whispered.

“You know her?” Tre asked Billie.

“I gave her a ride to her new apartment earlier.”

Tre started to smile as he looked me up and down, “So you’re the one he couldn’t shut up about.”

I started to blush furiously when he said that, so I looked down so Billie wouldn’t see me. “Uh…Billie this is Rhianna.” Rhianna looked over to him and smiled. Billie returned the favor.

“Oh, uh, right, this is Mike and Tre.” Billie said as he introduced us.

I could see Rhianna looking at Tre. She’d always had a crush on him, and by the looks of it, he seemed to like her too…hmmm….

“So do you wanna sit?” Billie asked me.

“Huh? Oh, sure, lets sit.” I can’t believe how nervous I am. My hands were shaking violently. I wonder if he knows my hands are shaking, probably not, God! Why am I freaking out???

“Did you enjoy the concert?”

I then realized Billie was talking to me.” Of course, I always love your concerts.”

“Good to know. So how many of our concerts have you been to anyway?”

“Um…including this one, 3.”

“Wow. That’s cool, but I bet I’ve been to more of them than you have.” He said and smiled at his small joke.

“Well gee, I wonder why.” I said and smirked.

“Well aren’t you a witty one.”

“I know.”

Across the room I could hear Rhianna and Tre laughing at some something.

“It looks like they’re getting along.” Billie said as he followed my gaze.

“Yea it does.”

“And I think we’re getting along good too.”
“Definitely.”

“I’d like to see you again…would that be okay?”

“That’d be great.” I said smiling as I wrote down my number on his hand.

***

“That was so great!!” Rhianna yelled once we were outside of the Pavilion. “and look, Tre gave me his number!” She showed me her hand and got a wide grin on her face. “So…what did you and Billie talk about this time?”

“Oh you know, just stuff…”

“Like?”

“Like stuff”

“Lisa, come on tell me! I told you what Tre and I talked about.”

“Actually you showed me his phone number written on your hand, and you volunteered that info…I didn’t ask for it.” I pointed out.

“Well who gives a shit? Now tell me!….PLEASE?” She begged.

“Fine, we talked about the concert and how great it was, and then he told me he wanted to see me again, and I wrote our number on his hand. Ok? Happy?”

By this time Rhianna had stopped walking and was just staring at me. The she ran up to me and tried to give me a hug, but in the process we fell onto the ground and a bunch of people were staring at us.

“What? Haven’t you ever seen two people hug before? Stop staring and get on with your lives. Jesus..”

I can’t believe you gave him your phone number! I am so happy for you! AH!! Do you know what this means?” She asked.

“Um…that he wants to see me again?” I said

“Well no duh! But it also means that he likes you! I mean why else would he want your number?”

“You’re right” I said as I realized that he did ask for my number, and he looked really sincere when he said that he wanted to see me again. I suddenly jumped up and started dancing and screaming. Again more people looked at me like I should be committed, but who cares? I am so excited! Rhianna and I finally calmed down and continued to walk back to her apartment. Once we got there I was so tired from everything that’s happened that I collapsed into bed and went straight into a deep sleep. I can't wait til Billie calls me I thought as I drifted off.