This Life of Mine

Twist and Turns

The next morning as Avani was taking her heavy textbooks out, her brother Rahul came up to her.

"Hey little sister." He said.

"Please don't remind me." Avani joked. Avani and Rahul really got along unlike 'normal' siblings.

"Oh ha ha. very funny." He said rolling his eyes. "What I came to remind you about is your essay. It's due today."

"Yeah, I have it. Thanks." Avani smiled gratefully at her older brother.

The bell rang and they both went their separate ways.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After school Avani and Mia were at Avani's house like yesterday. Except today was something different, but Avani couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Avani can I tell you something?"

"Sure what is it?" Avani asked. She looked at her friend's face and something their bothered her. Usually Mia was happy, but today she had a melancholy expression.

"I don't know how to tell you this but... I'm..." She drew a deep breath in and let it out. "I'mlesbian." She said fast.

Avani quietly put her book down. "You are?" She asked surprised.

"Yeah. You're not gonna yell at me are you?"

"Mia I'm not homophobic you know that!" She scoffed.

(Time Elapse)

At the dinner table in the Khan's house wasn't quiet at all.

"So guys tomorrow is the talent show." Avani said. She looked at her mom and dad.

"I'll be there." Her mom, Anjali promised.

Avani smiled. "And the day after that is the Wolves soccer game. If we win, we'll go to the championships." Rahul said excitedly.

"I'll be there too." Anjali promised. "I'll try to be there." Their dad said.

Avani was hurt but she didn't show it. Her dad could have time for Rahul, but not her. Was it because she wasn't his real daughter and she was adopted?

Or that he didn't have time? After all, his work began at 7:00 AM and her talent show began at 9:45. Her brother's soccer game began at 7:00 PM and her dad's work ended at 7:00. Oh well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...