The Sound

The Sound (1)

The sound of the noise was overwhelming me. I couldn’t stand all the noise. I threw my pale hands up to cover my ears. But nothing could block the sound out. That sound drowned out any other sound I tried to use to block it out. My head started to pound from the pain it brought to me. I turned around to face my inadequate family. They looked at me like I was crazy.

“Cant you hear that noise?” I bellowed over the noise.

“Christina what on earth are you talking about. The only noise we hear is you whimpering and you bellowing at us.” My mother said in a calming voice.

“There is a noise. I can hear it. You should be able to hear it.” I tried to spit out my words but they came out scrambled.

“Christina, there is no noise. You must be hearing things.” My father said in the same tone as my mother.

“But Dad.”

“There are no buts in this house.” My father said putting his pointer finger on my mouth.

That drew the last straw. I had the noise going through my head and my parents trying to convince me there is no noise.

I went up the stairs and walked all the way down the hall. The bedroom door creaked open. My eyes searching my room for the closest thing to muffle a sound, my eyes settled upon my bed and pillow. I jumped from my creaking door to my bed. My hands searched for the pillow, my hands found it in seconds. I thrust the pillow up to my face, as my mouth opens to let the scream out of my body that has been waiting to come out and has never had the chance to. All because of the excruciating pain the sound gave to my brain. A pain that will drive anyone mad.

Tears started to form from my eyes. The pain was killing me. The noise wouldn’t leave. I have to find away to stop it. But how? I wonder… TYLENOL! People usually use Tylenol when they get headaches… lets just hope it will work with this.

My hands flew up to my face to wipe the tears away. My face red, my eyes bloodshot, my nose runny. I had to do something so I didn’t look like shit. I let my feet fall off the bed and I heard a loud thump on the ground. When my feet hit the ground I stood up and my feet led me into the bathroom. I scanned the room to look for a washcloth but I couldn’t see one. My hands traced the walls going to the shelves. I found the handle in a second and I pulled it open. Then I scanned the shelves to look for the washcloth too. And I found it. My hands raced to it. One grabbed it and the other shut the door. I went back to the sink and turned on the faucet. The towel soaked up all the water I let get on it. Then my hands brought the towel up to my face and wiped my face with the cool towel.

That one towel brought the red on my face down a lot. My nose wasn’t as runny anymore and my eyes were still bloodshot but they didn’t hurt as bad as before. My feet dragged me out of the bathroom and down the stairs. When I reached the bottom of the stairs my whole family was looking at me like I was crazy. I just looked at them and rolled my eyes. I turned my head to look for the kitchen, which my eyes couldn’t find. So I took a few steps closer to my family. Then I looked around again and I found it. I ran into the kitchen and tried to remember where the Tylenol was. I looked around frustrated that I couldn’t find it.

“Mom. Where is the Tylenol?” I shouted from the kitchen.

“In the cabinet above the sink.” I mom shouted back at me.

I didn’t say anything back to her. My whole body took me to that cabinet. My hands traced the outside and I opened it and there it was. I took the bottle out of the cabinet and took out two of the pills. I went to the next cabinet and took out a glass. I went back to the sink and filled my glass with water. I put the pills into my mouth and took a big swig of the water. As I swallowed I could feel the pills going down my throat with the water. Just sliding down. My whole body shivered from the water. It took me by surprise when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was my brother Chazz.

“Are you okay? You are acting kind of weird.” My brother said looking me straight in the eyes.

“Yeah, I am fine. And if you haven’t noticed I am weird all the time.” I pointed out the obvious.

“True you are just acting more weird today than you are any other day.” My brother said rubbing my back making sure I was really okay.

I left the kitchen in a hurry. I didn’t want to talk to my brother because he was just going to agree with my family and say that I am imagining the sound that threatens my mind. My feet are going up the stairs when my foot hit a step I went flying forward. My knee slammed into the wooden stairs and I winced in pain. I pulled up my pant leg with one hand and looked at my knee. It was all red and bleeding. Great, now I have to deal with even more pain. I think I am actually going to go crazy because of the noise. Plus all the other pain I bring upon myself.

With my knee hurting like it did I tried to run up the stairs and into the bathroom again. I got to the bathroom within seconds. I opened up the door went into a cabinet and got out a washcloth. I took that and put it under running cold water. I went and I sat down on the toilet seat and pulled my pant leg up again. When I got the water to my knee it hurt like hell. When I got the cloth on my knee I had to put pressure on my knee. When I put the pressure on my knee that hurt even more but it stopped the bleeding. Soon after that I got a band aid and put it on my knee. Then I pulled my pant leg down to cover it. My body took me right across the hall back into my room.

I leaped from my door all the way to the bed. Right when I got to the bed… I was shaking from pain. The pain of the sound. I can’t explain what the sound feels like because; you wouldn’t want to know what it feels like. I had to scream I just have too. My body couldn’t hold that much pain. My hands search for my pillow blindly. When they find it, it was almost to late. That scream almost came out of my mouth. But I got the pillow there in time.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry people this is all i have so far... but i will get more of it up soon