Draco Malfoy's Slave

Draco Malfoy's Slave 13

"Get off me!" I shouted, shoving him hard. He stumbled back on the wet tile and fell hard. I picked up my towel and wrapped it securely around my body again.
Draco stood up, all wet, and I was sure that he would hit me, or hurt me. But instead, he picked up a towel and dried his back. "Okay," he said, at last, "I'm sorry. I guess I deserved that. I haven't been very nice to you, have I?"
I snorted. "Hardly!"
"Yeah, well." He spread his hands wide. "That's me, I guess."
"I've noticed." I said, seeing that his eyes were alternating between my face, legs, and the top of my towel.
He focused on my face for a minute. "I really am sorry. I'll try to be better, I swear. I'll make it up to you."
i didn't believe him, but it was better than what I'd expected. "Okay...." I said, warily.
"I really like you, Brooke." He said, and his voice was sincere. "I'll be good. I'll be good enough that maybe you'll like me too."
I stared at him, surprised. "What brought this on?"
He looked at me, his gray eyes darkening. He took a step toward me and brushed a tear off my cheek, though I hadn't realized i was crying. "This," He said, looking at his wet fingertip. "You were really scared. Thought I was going to hurt you, and, well, I guess I was. But the point is, I don't want to be that guy, Brooke. i don't want to be someone you're scared of. I won't do that to you again."
He stepped forward again, closing the distance around me and held me tight to his chest for a long moment. He put his cheek against my hair and breathed deeply. "Your hair smells good," He said, burying his nose in it.
I laughed, but didn't pull away.
He took my face between his hands and dropped a quick kiss on my forehead. "I really am sorry." He said. "I'll be better. I promise."
And, as he held me so tenderly in his arms, I believed him. And, even if he wasn't, school started in just a few weeks.