I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

chapter eleven'

Rebecca, Lukas and Joachim got into a huddle formation; Rebecca took charge and told everyone their jobs.

Step One: Lukas breaks the news to the team.

Lukas sprinted back to the entertainment room, only to have the team give him smirks.

“Were you able to catch Rebecca?” Bastian said with a wink.

Lukas tried to catch his breath, “No…Joachim…caught…us…He knows she’s here.”

Everyone’s faces dropped as they realized what that meant.

Step One Complete. Step Two: Joachim disciplines Rebecca.

The team tried to think of excuses they could give to Joachim, sparing Rebecca from getting in trouble. Sadly, they couldn’t think of any good excuses. Their discussion was then cut short…

Joachim was at the doorway, dragging Rebecca by the arm who was in tears.

“Does anyone care to tell me what she is doing in our hotel?” Joachim growled.

No one knew how to answer the question, their mouths opening and closing producing no sound.

“No answers? Well, I guess I have to inform FIFA of this little mishap. And we’ll see what they have to say about this,” Joachim said, with his eyes burning.

Step Two Complete. Step Three: The team finds out about the joke.

The boys started to get up mumbling “sorry” to both Joachim and Rebecca, until they heard someone giggling. They looked up to Rebecca who couldn’t contain her laughter any more.

“You…should…have…seen…your…faces!” Rebecca said in between laughs.

The team erupted into laughter as they realized that Joachim wasn’t being serious. Practical jokes started coming out of no where, as the day went on. Rebecca stayed for lunch, wanting to prolong her trip back to the hotel as much as possible.

Early afternoon came faster than everyone thought and as much as Rebecca enjoyed Lukas’ arm around her, she knew she would have to go back to her own hotel. From the numerous text messages and voice mails on her cell phone from both Luis and Sergio, she knew her absence was noticed.

Rebecca turned to Lukas and whispered, “I think it’s time for me to go now…”

Lukas didn’t want to let her go, burying his head into her neck, mumbling, “Can’t you stay for a bit longer?”

Rebecca pushed him away, knowing she couldn’t get involved with anyone, as much as she enjoyed Lukas being so close.

“I need to go back; I think it’s time that I had my lecture.”

Rebecca said her good-byes to the entire team, getting a few phone numbers in the process. Lukas walked her to the elevator, knowing that he couldn’t walk her out to her taxi because the tabloids would probably be outside. Rebecca turned to give Lukas a hug, only to find Lukas’ lips on hers.

Rebecca felt like she was melting into a puddle.

Lukas pulled away and pressed his forehead to hers, “Something to remember me for.”

Rebecca looked into his sad eyes, knowing full well they wouldn’t be seeing each other again during the tournament. Rebecca realized something, there was one way they’d see each other again.
The Finals.

Lukas saw Rebecca eyes sparkle, wishing he could read her mind.

Rebecca embraced Lukas and turned into the elevator, waving goodbye. She felt like she was in an all too familiar daze. Before she knew it, she was in front of her hotel room door. She was almost home; fumbling with her key card she heard the door behind her slam.

Rebecca was spun around and she braced herself for the impact of words that were going to come her way. But, it didn’t. Rebecca looked up to see Sergio giving her one of the coldest stare she’d ever received.

“Where are you been?” Sergio growled, “I’ve been worried sick about you!”

Rebecca opened and closed her mouth like a guppy fish, “I went sight-seeing by myself.”

“Bull. Where did you go?” Sergio growled once again.

Rebecca cast her eyes down to her feet that had become very interesting.

Sergio lifted her chin, forcing her to look him in the eyes, “Answer the question.”

“I went to visit Lukas, I needed to get away. I couldn’t face Fernando in the morning. I panicked.”

Sergio relaxed, pulling Rebecca into a tight hug. He whispered into her hair, “I was so worried about you.”

The pair of them stood there, just embracing each other, both wishing they could go back to the days in Seville.

Little did they know, Fernando was watching from behind the door. Furious, that he couldn’t have Rebecca. Jealous, that Sergio was so close to Rebecca.

Rebecca retreated to her room, knowing that Luis would want to speak with her sooner or later. Surprisingly, their conversation wasn’t spoken in loud voices. Rather, Luis talked to her like a concerned parent, wanting only the best for his child.

Rebecca dreaded the morning, not wanting to face her team and most importantly him.
But the morning came way too fast and Rebecca found herself at the table with her team, who surprisingly acted like nothing had happened. Or maybe they just didn’t know what had happened.

What surprised Rebecca the most was Fernando wasn’t even glaring at her, she stared at him for almost the entire meal and he didn’t meet her eyes once.

Rebecca realized she had screwed up majorly.
Not only had she lost a potential friend but maybe even the person her heart craved for.

The break between the first and second game flew by, practices went beautiful. The one thing that bugged Rebecca the most was, the starting XI always beat the reserves. That was something she planned on changing.

It was the night before Spain’s match against Sweden and once again Rebecca got her pre-game jitters. She walked across the hall, knowing full well it was the middle of the night, hoping that Sergio would stay up with her again. She didn’t expect Fernando to open the door, looking like he had been up the entire night as well.

Rebecca blushed as she looked at what Fernando was wearing; boxers.

Fernando realized what he was wearing, but took more notice to the blush creeping across Rebecca’s cheeks.

“Sorry, I was looking for Sergio,” Rebecca finally said.

“He’s asleep, good luck trying to wake him up,” Fernando said, inviting Rebecca in.

Rebecca frowned, where was her best friend when she desperately needed him.

“You know, I don’t hate you for what you did?”

Rebecca looked up to Fernando’s sincere eyes, “You don’t?”

Fernando smiled, “No, but I know how you can make it up to me…”

Rebecca cocked her head to the side, just like a dog, “How?”

“Spend the night with me, I can tell you’ve been up the entire night like me.”

Rebecca was hesitant at first, why would she want to spend the remainder of the night with the guy she was supposed to hate?

Her heart told her differently.
♠ ♠ ♠
"And oh, she's playing games now and I've figured it out now that we're, now that we're closer."
~ The Maine