I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

chapter twelve'

Rebecca woke up the next morning feeling totally refreshed, until she felt someone’s arms around her waist. She froze; trying to remember the night before. Check. She didn’t sleep with anyone.

She slowly untangled herself from Fernando, not wanting to wake up the peaceful looking boy. That was unsuccessful, as the minute she stepped out of bed she heard a groggy voice.

“Good morning.”

“Morning,” Rebecca replied a little bit coldly.

Fernando took this as a huge hint and started for the door, only to have Rebecca stop him.

“I don’t know if this is going to change anything between us.”

“Maybe this will…” Fernando said as he crashed his lips onto Rebecca’s.

Rebecca didn’t know how to respond, she stood there frozen. Until her brain processed what was happening, so she slapped him.

Fernando could feel his cheek tingling, he looked up to see Rebecca crying.

“What was that for?” Fernando growled.

“Just go, before I have to hit you again. Please just go!” Rebecca yelled as she slide down the wall, trying to support herself.

Rebecca’s heart broke as she watched Fernando leave with a very hurt look on his face.

Rebecca gathered herself together as best as she could, acting as if nothing had happened between Fernando and herself.

The match against Sweden was another success; Fernando scored 15 minutes into the game. Rebecca could see the passion in his eyes as he celebrated his goal. It was almost the same passion that filled his eyes when he looked Rebecca.

Rebecca got another chance at playing, changing for Xavi Hernández at the 59th minute. Rebecca pushed all of the events that had happened in the past week to the back of her head, knowing that winning this game was crucial. She was extremely happy that Zlatan Ibrahimović wasn’t on the field, because he scared the crap out of Rebecca.

Rebecca was beaming after the match; winning 2-1 over Sweden was a huge confidence booster. The match also had its toll on Rebecca, wanting only to go back to her hotel room and ice her knee for the rest of the night. But that plan got ruined, when Sergio forced her to go out and celebrate.

Rebecca made a lazy attempt to dress up, knowing there was no one to impress. The team made their way to the club that had been to the last few times. Rebecca decided to stick to water and pop, knowing what would happen if she drank. She realized that she didn’t need to drink to have a good time, dancing with Iker, Sergio and Fernando. Yes, she even danced with Fernando.

Rebecca felt like her old self, before the abuse and heartbreak. She also felt like she was slowly falling for Fernando and he might have been too. But like everything in Rebecca’s life, things got complicated. The team was sitting in the VIP section like always, when Fernando said he wanted to get some air, having a few too many drinks.

Rebecca could not believe what happened next, she weaved her way through the crowd to get to the bathroom. Rebecca opened the wrong door, opening the door to the janitor’s closet to find Fernando making out with an almost half-naked girl. Fernando didn’t see Rebecca standing in the doorway, as his back was towards her. The half-naked girl squealed, realizing someone had seen them.

Fernando turned around to see no one standing there, because Rebecca had already run away, tears streaming down her face.

Let’s just say after Rebecca’s interruption, the half-naked girl wasn’t in the mood anymore. This put Fernando in a sexually frustrated mood.

Rebecca couldn’t believe Fernando would do that to her. No, what was she thinking; she couldn’t believe she was actually falling for that pig!

Sergio was trying to comfort Rebecca, attempting to get the full story why she had come back up to the team, crying her eyes out.

Sergio shook Rebecca, attempting to get her to stop, “Just tell me what happened!”

Rebecca hiccupped a few times, wiped her eyes, “Fernando was practically having sex with a girl in the janitor’s closet!”

Now Rebecca had planned for just Sergio to hear, but her hatred for Fernando found its way into her words and the whole team heard.

By this time, Fernando had worked his way back up to the VIP section. Only to receive the whole team giving him cold stares and the cold shoulder.

Fernando stared across the room, completely dumbfounded. He walked over to Rebecca, hoping to get an explanation from his new friend. Or so he thought.

Rebecca immediately gave him the cold shoulder, which resulted in Fernando placing his hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t touch me!” Rebecca spat.

Fernando pulled his hand away as if he has just touched fire. He looked into Rebecca’s eyes, seeing pure hatred, while his eyes showed confusion.

“Don’t act like a lost puppy Fernando. I thought we were finally going to get along but then you have to go and do that,” Rebecca growled.

Fernando’s eyes grew wide, realizing his mistake had been discovered.

Rebecca turned to Sergio, “I want to go home now.”

Sergio nodded and wrapped his arm around Rebecca, not wanting Fernando to hurt her in any more possible ways.

Tears leaked out of Rebecca’s eyes, she made no attempt to wipe them away. She turned around to face Fernando, showing what he did to her.

“He’s not worth crying over,” Sergio whispered into her ear.

“I know, but he needs to know what he’s done to me,” Rebecca replied quietly.

Fernando stood there frozen, knowing that he had lost his last chance to have Rebecca.

All Rebecca wanted to do was wallow in her self pity; she shunned the person that helped her out (Sergio) and for the first time in her life, she wanted to be selfish.

Rebecca chose a very bad moment to be selfish, because Sergio was furious with Fernando for breaking his best friend’s heart and he was going to make Fernando pay. Also, her best friend was one match away from winning his first grass court title, but she was too busy to realize or even ask how the tournament was going.

Sergio laid Rebecca down her bed, whispering, “Just go to sleep, I’ll make everything better.”

Rebecca didn’t know that when Sergio said “I’ll make everything better,” he meant punching the living day lights out of Fernando. She woke up to hearing loud voices in the hall and then something smash.

Rebecca sprinted out into the hallway to see Sergio and Fernando fighting. She couldn’t believe her eyes, Fernando wasn’t fighting back and Sergio was going to cause some major damage if he continued. So she did something she never thought she would do…She protected Fernando.

Sergio didn’t realize someone had stepped in between Fernando and himself, he continued throwing punches until he heard someone whimper. Fernando doesn’t whimper…he thought to himself. He backed away until he saw Rebecca trying to protect Fernando.

Sergio grew even more furious, “Why are you protecting him?”

Rebecca knew Sergio was trying to intimidate her, and it wasn’t working, “Because he doesn’t deserve this!”

“Don’t deserve this? Do you see what he’s done to you? I want my old Rebecca back!”

“Well, this isn’t the way to get her back,” Rebecca replied coldly, as she picked Fernando up and walked him to her room.

Sergio couldn’t believe what was happening, why would his best friend choose the guy that pretty much cheated on her over him? He stood in the hallway for a good ten minutes trying to figure out what had just happened.

Then the light bulb went off, Rebecca fell for Fernando.

And she fell hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
"The looks you give are so contagious. The way we move is so outrageous. Just let me in."
~ The Maine