I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

chapter sixteen'

Rebecca looked across the room with wide eyes. She had two options; fight or flight. She chose the latter.

Rebecca ran to the door, not wanting to look anyone in the face. But then she stopped at the door. No. She thought to herself, I’m not running away this time, I need to stand up for myself.

She turned around to face her team-mates, “I…I…” Rebecca couldn’t find the words to redeem herself.

Sergio was the one to reply for the team, “We know that you’ve gone through some hard times, but just know that we’re here for you. No matter what happens.”

Rebecca was shocked at Sergio’s response, she started to feel dizzy. Millions of thoughts swimming through her head, made her feel like she was going to explode. Why wasn’t her team angry at her? She was cheering for another team!

Rebecca reverted back to her first option and fled back to her room, tearing streaming down in her face. She flung herself onto her bed, just wanting the world to disappear around her.

Slowly she calmed down, mostly because she had run out of tears. Her breathing had gone back to its normal rhythm, until she looked down at her wrists. A scar in the form of a star looked back at her, reminding her of the agony she went through in Madrid.

Rebecca didn’t know where this pain or depression came from, but she had the urge to hurt herself, in the worst ways possible. She made her way to the bathroom, trying to find a razor to use. Rebecca didn’t know what was happening to herself, it was as if someone had taken over her body.

Luckily, or more like unluckily, she found one. She slowly started to trace the faint star scar on her wrist, until she was interrupted by someone pounding on her door. Rebecca was so focused on pain, she couldn’t move from her position on the floor. The pounding on the door continued, until the person stopped. Or so Rebecca thought.

Fernando couldn’t believe what was happening to Rebecca, she seemed like such a calm and collected girl. But when Sergio said “We know that you’ve gone through some hard times…” Fernando’s impression of Rebecca drastically changed. What hard times was Sergio talking about?

Fernando followed Rebecca back to her room, wanting to talk to her, hoping it would help her out. He had been sitting outside her room for a good 30 minutes, when he heard her stop crying. He heard her make her way into another room, most likely the bathroom. And this is when he got scared, he couldn’t hear anything.

Fernando started pounding on the door, hoping, pleading that Rebecca would answer the door. But she didn’t. He sprinted across the hall into his room, searching for the extra room key that Rebecca had given Sergio earlier in the trip. Fernando was breathing hard as he finally found the key, he sprinted across the hall again, throwing Rebecca’s door open to find…

The last thing Rebecca saw was Fernando’s face. A face that looked angelic to the now unconscious girl.

Rebecca woke up the next day to find almost the entire team occupying her room. She attempted to talk, but found her mouth was very dry.

“Water…” she croaked, hoping it would get someone’s attention.

Fernando was the first to hear Rebecca speak. “She’s awake!” he shouted, waking the team up.

Sergio rushed over to Rebecca, engulfing her in a bear hug. The rest of the team followed, creating a big group hug.

Rebecca sat in her bed, dumbfounded; not knowing what took place the night before.

As the team slowly dispersed back to their rooms, Rebecca was left in the room with Sergio, Fernando, and Luis.

The looks on her team-mates faces showed concern. While her coach’s face showed disgust.

Rebecca finally worked up the courage to ask the question that had been nagging her since she had woken up, “What happened?”

“What happened? How do you not know what happened?” Luis shouted.

Rebecca sunk back into her bed, flinching at the harsh words that were directed at her.

Sergio immediately starting fuming at Luis, getting into another huge argument.

Fernando looked at Rebecca, noticing the tears that were leaking out of her sad brown eyes.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” Fernando asked quietly.

Rebecca looked at Fernando, surprised that he was still in the room. She nodded her head in agreement and they quietly sneaked out of the room, going unnoticed.

The pair started giggling in the elevator; so much that Rebecca’s tears turned from sad to ones of joy.

“I wonder how long it will take for them to notice we’re gone…” Rebecca finally said.

“Let’s just hope that we’re far away from the hotel when they do,” Fernando said with a smile.

Armed with sunglasses and raincoats (since it had been raining a lot in Austria), Fernando and Rebecca were able to evade the paparazzi and find a quiet park near by.

Rebecca’s smile widened as she saw a small playground at the park, equipped with a swing set.

She turned to Fernando with a playful smile on her face, “Race you.”

Fernando stopped, confused at what Rebecca was referring to. Until he noticed where Rebecca was running to and tried to catch up.

When Fernando finally caught up to Rebecca, she was already happily swinging on the swing set.

“That was very unfair.”

“I gave you a warning; you just took too long to react,” Rebecca replied with a smirk on her face.

“Well then, I’m going to give you a warning.”

“And that would be…”

“Run.”

A squeal escaped Rebecca’s lips, as she jumped off the swings to evade a lunging Fernando Torres. The pair continued to play cat and mouse, until Rebecca lost her footing and found herself on her back in the mud with an amused Fernando looking down at her.

“Gotcha,” Fernando said smugly.

“I guess this means were even?” Rebecca said, hoping that would get Fernando off her.

“Hmm…close,” Fernando said, looking deep into Rebecca’s eyes, searching for anything that would unlock the mysteries of the complicated girl.

Rebecca couldn’t look away from Fernando, entranced by his brown eyes, noticing the flecks of gold that adorned his eyes.

Fernando slowly closed the gap between Rebecca and himself, tentatively.

Rebecca smiled into the kiss, which made Fernando smile as well.

The kiss was a sweet but short one. With neither of the two, knowing what would come from it.

Rebecca finally broke the silence, “Did anyone ever tell you, that you weigh a tonne?”

Fernando laughed, “Way to ruin the moment.”

Rebecca smiled, shrugging her shoulders, “It’s what I do.”

Fernando rolled off Rebecca to lay next her, taking her bandaged hand into his.

“Why?”

Rebecca turned to face Fernando, with a grim look on her face.

“Can you keep a secret?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be fine even though I'm not always right. I can count on the sun to shine.
Dedication takes a lifetime. But dreams only last for a night.
~ All Time Low

sorry it took so long for this one to come out. i had major writer's block, but thankfully for crgirl from quizilla. she helped me through it, so this chapter is dedicated to her : )