I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

epilogue'

Rebecca had been in London for just over a week.

It had been just over a week since she had left the life that she loved.

Rebecca had witnessed Rafa win his first Wimbledon, she was there for his last five matches.

Rebecca cried along side Rafa, when he made his way up to celebrate with his family. She was crying not only for Rafa, but also for herself; because she had missed her own championship.

Rafa was all smiles on the way back to the hotel.

“And Rebecca! Did you see my name? They already had my name painted on the wall!”

Rebecca just smiled at Rafa, because no words could describe this moment.

Rafa and Rebecca quietly made their way up to their shared hotel room, but were stopped by a hotel manager.

“There’s a package for you, Miss Cortez.”

Rebecca stared at the hotel manager, confused, “Thank you?”

Rafa didn’t ask Rebecca about the package, instead went to take a shower to loosen up.

Rebecca looked at the package, lying on her bed; the return address from Spain.

Inside lay a gold Euro Cup medal and a letter:

Dear Rebecca,
This belongs to you.
Take good care.
Don't be a stranger.
- Sergio


Rebecca couldn’t hold the tears back; she had broken her promise and broken her friend’s heart. But there was no way that she could go back; because he would be there.

She would never go back to soccer because all the memories from the Euro Cup would flood back.
Nothing would change that.

Or so she thought…