I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

chapter seven'

Rebecca slept close for the remainder of the day, staying in her room as she pondered what she would wear to the formal dinner tonight. She craved to go and ask Sergio who was staying in the room across the hall. But he was rooming with Sergio. Rebecca thought that Fernando and she could settle their differences, boy was she wrong.

Rebecca contemplated what to wear for almost an hour, deciding to wear something but then scratching that outfit. She finally made her mind up, and chose a green halter dress, with a pair of leopard print kitten heels and her crème clutch. She decided on keeping her make-up very natural and her hair its regular wavy style.

She stepped out of her room, to meet Fernando and Sergio leaving their room. A low whistle escaped Sergio’s lips, while Fernando just gave her a blank stare.

“I have to say again, you sure do clean up nice,” Rebecca said, directing it towards Sergio only.

Fernando scowled at her response and made his way to the elevator. The team met up in the foyer, where Rebecca got plenty of compliments which put Fernando in an even more fowl mood.

The formal dinner was held to open the championships and also mix the teams to create a more unified organization. Each table would be players from different teams, forcing the players to socialize with other countries. The each country’s management would sit the sides, Rebecca, surprisingly, was seated with the players. She didn’t mind this at all, thinking it was an error.

Rebecca’s table held no Spanish players, leaving her to fend for herself. But she wouldn’t have any problems with that, because Michael Ballack and Lukas Podolski were taking their seats at her table. Several other players followed suit. Rebecca sat there with wide eyes, not knowing what to say to soccer players.

Lukas Podolski was seated right next to Rebecca, with Michael on his right. He whispered to Michael in German, asking why this beautiful girl was sitting in the player’s section.

Rebecca smiled, knowing that the four years of German she took in high school were finally paying off.

“I do speak German you know,” Rebecca said with a smile, which was returned with two wide eyed expressions from the two soccer players.

Lukas was left speechless, had she heard their entire conversation?

Michael, on the other hand, was impressed.

The three talked the entire night, laughing and having a good time as if they had known each other for years. Lukas then asked a very unusual question, “Are you going out with Fernando Torres?”

Rebecca expression dropped from a smile to a scowl, “Not in a million years. Why?”

“He’s been giving me the death glare the entire night we’ve been here.”

Rebecca’s gaze shifted from the cute German to Fernando, giving him a very cold stare. She turned back to Lukas and with a smile said, “Don’t worry about him.” She leaned closer to him and whispered, “He’s just very jealous.” She knew that closing the distance between her and Lukas would set Fernando off even more.

Michael laughed, being the mature one, knew what Rebecca was trying to obtain from her actions. Lukas, didn’t, and felt the blood rush to his cheeks.

The dinner was interrupted when the commissioner of UEFA, went to the podium. “I have a very important announcement for the entire audience.”

The room suddenly silent, holding onto every word the commissioner said.

“For the first time in FIFA history, we have allowed a female to participate.”

The audience remained silent, while one person stifled a cry.

Lukas and Michael looked to Rebecca, who sat there, with her mouth agape, eyes wide, trying to comprehend what was happening.

“I would like to congratulate Rebecca Cortez of Spain, as the first female player of FIFA.”

The audience erupted in applause.

Lukas urged Rebecca to go up to the stage, to make her “acceptance” speech.

When Rebecca reached the podium, she finally realized what had been happening the past couple days. All the questions Luis had been asking her were all in preparation for this, he wanted her to play for him.

“I would like to thank Luis Aragones for giving me hope for the sport, Sergio Ramos for being there for me all those years, Rafael Nadal for being my saviour and most importantly, my father for introducing me to the sport.”

The last part held the most meaning for Rebecca, knowing that everyone didn’t know her father was dead. But in fact, someone did know, Luis.

Rebecca went back to her seat, downing her champagne in one gulp. Immediately, motioning for another one.

Lukas asked her numerous times, why she didn’t tell them she was playing in the tournament. And her answer every time was, “I didn’t know.”

Michael and Lukas could see the mixed emotions in Rebecca’s eyes, every time one of the Spanish players came to congratulate and welcome her to the team.

Lukas decided that Rebecca probably had reached her limit, after downing at least 12 glasses of champagne in a matter of minutes.

“How ‘bout I take you back to your hotel room,” Lukas whispered.

Rebecca turned to Lukas, with lusty eyes and replied, “That would be lovely.”

The two left the dining hall, with Fernando staring daggers into their backs. The taxi ride back to the hotel was quiet, Rebecca was very drunk.

Lukas walked her up to her room, making sure she got there safely. When they reached her door, she turned seductively, “Well, this is my stop.”

Lukas saw the lust in her eyes, knowing that she was completely drunk and he was completely sober, he couldn’t resist this beautiful Spaniard.

They were attached at the lips when they entered Rebecca’s room, fumbling with their shoes. Lukas grabbing for the zipper of Rebecca’s dress, as they fell onto her bed.

Rebecca wanted to forget about everything. And Lukas was what she needed right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Girl, who taught you how to move like that? At this pace you're at you're going way too fast."
~ Forever the Sickest Kids