My Knight in Shining Armor Turned out to Be a Loser in Aluminum Foil

Chapter One

"Erica, I am so sick of living! Ugh, I feel horrible."

"Sweetie pie, you need a vacation and I'm gonna give you one. Me, you, and my car! Traveling across the world. What do you say?"

"I don't know Erica, Stephen has a huge case and you know that a paralegal does all the work!"

"Taken care of. Look, I'm coming over. We pack, then we leave. No excuses sweetie pie."

"Okay, fine, I'll go. But only a week! Is that your new saying? Sweetie pie?"

"Ugh, Sophie, I've been saying sweetie pie for a month. You've been so wrapped up about that loser Max, you're not even in the world."

"Oh, sorry. Well, I'll start packing." I hung up and walked over to my closet. What to pack? I asked myself thumbing through my business suits.

"I say we go shopping." I jumped. My heart skipped a beat as Erica looked at me. "Didn't you hear me scream your...oh...nevermind." She took the dress out my hand. "Trash it." She twirled the dress around her arm and walked out my room.

"No Erica! Please, let me keep it." I begged following her down the stairs. She ignored my pleas and proceeded to throw my beautiful $2000 red dress in the garbage. I sulked back up the stairs.

"Sophie, you didn't care about the beauty of the dress, or the price tag. You kept it because it brought back memories of Max. Reminds you of what could have been." She sat down beside me.

"You know me all too well. I'll be fine." She cleared the tears from my face.

"Which is why I also brought along this." She pulled a shirt out of her purse. "Bates bought you this on your first anniversary. You never kept this." I watched the shirt as new tears fell down.

"This brings back too many memories." I pushed the shirt behind me.

"Too many memories of all the good times you and Bates had. When the fun, young, energetic Sophia was here. Now, we have the workaholic, depressed Sophia. I brought back this to hopefully bring the old Sophia back." I studied the shirt again. After a long silence, I stood up."One more thing...you definitely need some funner clothes."

"Come on, I'm thirty five. I dress thirty five."

"Yeah, a boring thirty five year old." She muttered under her breath. "You need a makeover, so I asked Michelle, my cousin, about it. She said sure."

"Fine, there is no point in arguing." I followed Erica out the house. She drove me to the place I had been so many times. Don't get me wrong, I don't like letting people make me up. I don't even like making myself too much. I sighed and let Michelle turn me into someone else. When she was done, I tried to act excited about it.

"Come on, shopping time now." I sludged after Erica in the mall. She bought up everything and I just sat there.

"You done?" I asked after four hours.

"Yeah, now, we hit the road!" I braced myself for the journey that lie ahead and got in the car. Hey, maybe I'll find my true knight in shinning armor?