Is Insanity the New Sanity?

Chapter Five

I always heard your life flashes before your eyes when you are about to die. I never worry that much when something is wrong because I'm waiting to see my life. As of now, I only see a deranged lunatic ready to tear me to shreds. And quite frankly, I'm not expecting to see my life flash before my eyes.
___________________

"Okay, that's enough." Claire ordered when she was about to grab my hair. The Crazy Bitch retreated and turned down a hall. I let out a sigh of relief. The laughter began, but this laughter was more like a really funny joke laugh. Not world domination. I walked away, frustrated with the trick Claire had just pulled. She called after me. "Come on, where's the spirit Anya?" She looked innocent.

"I didn't find that too amusing." She threw her head back.

"You've finally grown some testosterone. Very funny, as was the prank I just played on you." Her smile was threatening. I rolled my eyes and walked to the TV which was empty. Claire followed laughing.

"What Claire?" I asked after twenty minutes of intimidating staring.

"Your not the whole macho type. Your destined to be walked over." I looked on at the kid staring at me.

"Anya, I'm scared." The little boy looked about five. He wore Amish clothing and was looking sad. I stood up and walked to my room. Claire still followed.

"Are you mad? Well, it is true and you shouldn't get all bent out of shape about that."Claire said hastily.

"No, there's a kid who needs my help. Mind if we get some privacy?" I sat my gaze upon the sad little boy. She bellowed a hearty bellow and stood there. I walked into my room alongside the kid.

"Anya, I'm scared. Can you please help me?" He looked afraid.

"Sure, but, I'm not sure how I'm going to help you."

"I want to be with my sister and mommy, but I don't know how to cross over."

"Okay, well, is there anything you have to do to omit you over?"

"Well, I found something really important that my dad needs but he still doesn't know where it is." I bit my lip. How was I to help him I where here stuck in this place.

"Okay, I'll try, but I can't leave this place." His facial expression changed to a happier face.

"All right, thank you Anya." He smiled and faded away to nowhere.