I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

Chapter One

~*~Frank’s POV~*~
Age Five

“Frankie, come here, we have new neighbours.” my mother called for me from the living room window.
“Really mommy?” I asked as I toddled into the living room looking out the window as well.
“Yes, oh and it looks like they have a little girl your age. Why don’t you go over and introduce yourself.” mom said as she pointed out to a girl that did indeed look five as well. She wore a bright yellow sun dress and had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair that fell in loose ringlets that shone in the afternoon sunlight.
“Yuck! A girl. They have coodies.” I replied, sure she was pretty, but still a girl, and all guys know girls have coodies.
“Frank Anthony Iero, you be nice young man. They’re new here, and I’m sure she’d love to have a friend. Besides I’m going over later anyways and you’re coming with.” mom said in a stern voice which meant, be nice and listen up or you don’t get cookies tonight after supper.
“Fine.” I said before heading towards the stairs to return to my game I was playing.
“And where do you think your going?” mom asked.
“To go play games?” I questioned, knowing that that answer was probably wrong.
“I don’t think so, you’re going to go clean up, I don’t want the neighbours to think I let my child roll around in mud and be a pig. Into the bath you go.”
“But mom…” I complained.
“Frank…” she said in a motherly tone.
“Fine, I’m going.” I said before heading towards the bathroom to wait for mom to run my bath.

~*~Later~*~

I was standing on the front porch of our new neighbours house with mom holding my hand, ringing the door bell with her free one.
“Remember Frank, be nice.” she said before the young girls mother opened the door.
“Hello.” she said as she opened the door.
“Hi, I’m Ollie Iero, and this here is my son Frank.”
“Hi.” I said in a really shy voice.
“Well aren’t you just a cutie.” the woman said.
“If only he’d listen once in a while. Anyways, we’re your neighbours and noticed you were new and thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves.”
“Oh, well in that case, hi I’m Maddy Wilson.” the woman said extending her hand out for my mom to shake. “Won’t you come in for a minute?” she asked, stepping aside to let me and my mom threw. “The house is a mess, we were just to tired today to start unpacking and cleaning.”
“Oh it’s no problem, if you need help tomorrow cleaning I’d be more then happy to help.” mom offered.
“Really? You’re such a dear. Richard, we have visitors.” she called up the stairs.
“Mommy who’s this?” asked the young girl as she came bounding down the stairs, and older man who I assumed was her father close behind her.
“This is Ollie Iero and her boy Frank.” said the mom.
“Hi Ollie, I’m Melanie, I’m five years old.”
“Melanie!” her mother scolded her, “You don’t call adults by their first name, you call her Ms. Iero.”
“I’m sowwy.” she apologised.
“Awww, it’s okay sweetie, you can call me Ollie if you want to.” my mom said kneeling down and giving her a hug.
“Is it okay if I call her Ollie mommy, she said it was.”
“Well since she said you could then yes you can. You should go say hi to Frank.” her mother said before she ran over towards me.
“Hi Frank, I’m Melanie, I’m five years old.” she said to me.
“Hi, I’m five years old too.” I said.
“Wanna come to my room?” she asked, taking my hand and leading me up the stairs.
“Can I mom?” I ask.
“If it’s okay with her parents.” mom said.
“Oh it’s perfectly fine, you two have fun.” her mom said as we went upstairs to her room.