My Drug, Intoxicated

Chapter Seventeen

Blake's P.O.V.

"Where the fuck have you been Jerry?! We're on in ten minutes!" Jerry blushed sheepishly as he picked up his bass out of his guitar case, grabbing his lucky bandana from where it was twisted around the neck. He untied it, wrapping it around his head.

"I'm really sorry...I just got, really caught up talking to the author of this book." I shook my head at him.

"You are so lame." Jerry glared at me.

"Don't be such a prima donna. I'm here, aren't I? Get over yourself. I got a surprise for you by the way, dick." He stalked off over to Fizz. I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

"Yield to the Blind?" I looked over at the man next to me. "You guys are the first up right? Well now's your time." I nodded at him and he scurried off. I headed over to Fizz and he nodded to me, grabbing up his drum sticks. I walked onto the stage, the glaring lights blinding me for a second.

The crowd wasn't the biggest we've played in front of, but there was still a few hundred kids out there. Up on the balcony there were tables looking down on us. Not many people were up there but there was a lone man sitting at a shadowed table. From here it looked like he was sort of dressed up, in slacks and a button up. Either he's really lame, or he's here to sign someone. Hopefully the latter.

Fizz started clapping his drum sticks behind me, and he launched into the first song, the one we always started off with, The World Ends With You, which, contrary to its depressing undertones and lyrics, was a pretty fast, upbeat song.

I wrote it for Danny.

It's the only whole song i've ever written for the band, Jerry writes everything else. I was never very good at english, always slacking off and playing pranks. Danny, Danny was great at english. School in general really. He's brilliant. No, I lied. He was brilliant.

The show went over well and we got massive amounts of applause. Before I knew it I was running off of stage, dripping wet and heading into a back room. I found some towels on a couch, and I used one to wipe off my face. The lead singer of Toxic Carrion was in there, and he reminded me of Sid Vicious, all leather and snarls. He came up to me, patting me on the back.

"You did good kid. You got a voice." He handed me half a bottle of vodka. "Here, I already drank some, but I think you deserve a little reward and I know you can't get your own." He winked at me. "Our little secret." He stalked off, the chains on his pants swinging in time with his footsteps. I stared down at the bottle, i'd been clean for a while.

A little bit wouldn't hurt anyone, right?

Right.

"Yo, Blake?" I turned around where Jerry was standing. I calmly slid the bottle of alcohol behind my back where he couldn't see. "There's someone I want you to meet. You know that author I met?" I nodded, rolling my eyes. "Well he's here, and I think you should say hi," Jerry grinned at me, showing all his teeth. I shrugged. I could just say hi to the guy. "Kay, i'm gonna go get him." He slid out the door and I took a couple long chugs of vodka until I heard Jerry coming back.

"Blake, meet Danny Sike." I looked toward the door and my eyes were met with someone I never thought i'd see again. I slammed my palm into my forehead as hard as I could.

"God, I don't drink alcohol for a month and now I hallucinate after a couple sips. Fucking brilliant." I turned around stalking off toward the couch where I sat down, putting my head into my arms. "Ugh, Jerry, tell the author i'll say hi to him when i'm sober."

"Blake, this is the author?" I shook my head, holding out the bottle of vodka.

"No it's not. I'm hallucinating. Will you take this bottle away from me? It's obviously not helping." Soft footsteps came toward me and the bottle was removed from my grasp. Next thing I knew, my head was cracked to the side and my cheek stung. Jerry had just slapped me, the asshole!

I looked up, only to be met with dark chocolate eyes.

"You're not hallucinating Blake." The voice was more musical than I could remember and the face, the face was exactly as I pictured it every night before I went to sleep.

"You're dead." I stood up, staring straight into his face. This ghost was taller than the Danny I knew, and matched my height almost perfectly. "You're dead." I repeated. The ghost moved forward, wrapping it's arms around me.

"You're dead." I started to cry, my nose stuffing up and my eyeliner running down my face. "You're dead." I just kept repeating it over and over as he held me in his arms. He felt so solid.

"Shh, shhh. I know what you think." He held me tighter and I leaned my my head down in the crook of his neck, crying into his shoulder.

"I'm not fucking crazy. You're not actually here." He rocked me back and forth.

"I am here Blake, I'm here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to Caelo.

-Izzy