My Drug, Intoxicated

Epilogue

Danny

"Hey babe, how was work?" Blake shook his head, reaching his hand up to loosen his tie.

"Those kids are little shits. Some are pretty damn good though." Yield to the Blind fizzled out over eight years ago, just after Jean and Jerry got married. Everyone just realized they weren't the same anymore. They had reached a mild commercial success and once in a while kids still asked for autographs. Blake now taught music at a high school in our town, just outside of L.A.

Yeah, we moved back here. Things were bad at first but I feel like the more good memories we make here, the more the bad memories fade away. We lived in a really nice house now, which is odd because neither Blake or I have ever had a house.

"What about you? How was the new review?" I shook my head.

"Not much better than the last." I still wrote books, a new one came out every year or so. None were ever huge hits like HelL.A. was but I made enough money that we lived happily. After HelL.A. I dropped the name Danny Sike and went back to my old name Danny Rivers. I don't know why I ever changed it but it felt like the right thing to do.

Sadly, about two years after the band broke up, Jean and Jerry were both killed in a car crash. It was...one of the most dark periods of my life. I hadn't known what to do with myself. There were only two things that kept me from spiraling into the deepest of depressions.

"Daddy, Blake, we're home!" Tommy and Sadie were both two years old when their parents died and Jean left them to me. Her sisters fought me for custody but I hired some amazing lawyers and I won them in the end. It helped that we happened to have a wonderful gay rights sympathizer judge. They're now seven and attending first grade. They know i'm not their real father but they still call me Dad and I tear up everytime I hear it. Blake hasn't officially adopted them but he plans on it when they're older, and he can explain it to them. They also know Daddy and Blake are more than friends and they're okay with it in the innocent way only kids are.

We still talk to Fizz. He lived with his long-time girlfriend in Chicago and he flys out about once a year to visit. He's great with the kids, and we think he'll have one of his own soon enough.

"Can we play Yahtzee?" Tommy loved to play games more than anything and beating his sister only made him happier. Sadie, however, was more of a typical girl.

"Blake can we play dress up?" Blake sighed, rolling his eyes as Sadie grabbed his hand and led him to her room. He looked oh so pretty with heavy make-up and Sadie's shawls.

Tommy and I sat there, rolling the dice over and over. The kid had a sharp eye and he won almost every game.

"Tommy, never become a gambler, please." He giggled and rolled the dice again.

Yahtzee.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...I was never planning on doing this, but I guess it's a little treat to those that are still subscribed.