Like Vines, We Intertwine

The Shocking Truth

Chapter 10
(Ryan POV)
I stared down at the picture of Erelin and Charlotte.

"Wow, She looks just like her", Jon said with amazement.

I was still in shocked. They did look alike. Just like twins.

"I..."

"Ry, Erelin's sister left home when Erelin was like 14. Erelin and her family haven't heard from her since."

I felt a bit guilty. I got my stuff for our show and went inside the venue witht he picture still in my hand.

(Erelin's POV)
"Hey, are you sure you're ok?" Chrissy asked as she set out some mroe shirts.

"Yea, don't worry about me," I said as I set up more CDs and pins.

Britt gave me a huge hug and went back to her work.

"Thanks, Love," I said to her.

We got done setting up so I decided to put some of the boxes underneath the table to make room. Somehow the box of pins broke and fell everywhere. I started muttering swears underneath my breath as I got down on my knees to fix them. I grabbed a random box and started throwing them in there. I went underneath the table to grab the last few when someone broke the silence.

"Erelin?"

"Owww!" I yelled as I jumped from my name being said causing me to hit my head on the table.

I got up and saw Ryan standing there. I groaned as I rubbed the bump on my head.

"Are you ok?"

"Why does it matter to you? It's none of your business," I said coldly.

I continued on fixing the table. Chrissy and Britt looked at us with confused looks.

"Look, I'm sorry, alright? It's just..."

"Let me guess..." I said as I cut off Ryan.

"You fell in love with my loving older sister, Maria Charlotte Deang. She probably gave you some of that simple charm she use to give to guys. You instantly fell for her, doing everything for her. She always tried to have her way with you, and you of course let her. She took advantage of you like the other boys she ever associated with. You then found out she cheated on you. And wait, let me guess how the conversation went. 'Babe, I'm sorry, but he hit on me. Besides he gives me something you can't give me.' And then you give her that confused look and ask what might that be. She then couldn't give you a straight answer and left her. And yet, you're here, right now, talking to her own flesh and blood, wanting to kill me because of what my sister did to you. And you're trying to get over her, but you can't. She left something in you. You still love her," I said practically raising my voice with every word I said.

"Uhhh... wow." he said with a shocked look.

"I saw it happen so many times. I'm sick and tired of saying sorry on her behalf. Somehow, I'm the one to blame for what she does to guys."

Ryan stood there silently staring at me with, what it looked like, a sympathetic look. I continued on fixing the merch tent.

"Hey... there you are!" Brendon said as he ran towards Ryan.

"What..."

"Let's go. They're gonna let people in any minute. You still need to get ready!" Brendon said as he dragged Ryan off.

"But..."

"Good, I don't want him here anymore," I thought.

I looked up to see Ryan's back to me. I went back to work, but from the corner of my eye I could have sworn I saw Ryan look back at me.