Like Vines, We Intertwine

Blast From The Past

Chapter 13
(Ryan’s POV)
“It’s going to be fine. You all are going to be ok. If you need anything, let me know ok?” Aunt Linda said as she hugged all four of my sisters and me.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be fine.” I said.

Today was my dad’s funeral. When we buried him, everyone came back to my house for the internment.

“Hold down the fort. I’m gonna go outside for a bit.” I whispered to my older sister, Amanda.

“Alright. Are you going to be ok?”

“Yea, just need fresh air.”

I walked through the crowd of people to the backyard. They were all giving me sympathy looks as I continued walking through. I was getting sick of it. I understand that my dad wasn’t the perfect father, but I miss him. I just didn’t like how everyone was giving me pity. I’ll be fine. I walked outside and took in a deep breath. I walked over to the swing set that my dad put built when I was four. I sat down on the swings and looked at my feet.

“I wish Erelin was here with me. Maybe then I won’t feel so alone.” I thought.

Then I remember something. Jon had her number. I was stupid, and I didn’t grab it from her before we left. I needed someone to talk to. I grabbed my sidekick out of my pocket and texted Jon.

Me:”Hey Jon… I have a question.”

Jon:”Hey Ry, How are you feeling? What’s up?”

Me: “I’m ok I guess… do you have Erelin’s cell phone number?”

Jon:”Yea… you want it?”

Me:”Yea… I need to ask her something.

Jon:”Here… 630-178-5739”(don’t even try and call it… it’s not my real number and Chrissy can confirm this.)

Me:”Thanks bro. I’ll call you later about tour.”

I dialed Erelin’s number but didn’t hit call. I was still contemplating whether or not to call her.

“What the heck… I’ll call her. I want to talk to her.” I thought.

I was about to hit send when.

“Hey Ryan.” A familiar voice said.

I looked up, but I couldn’t see who it was. The sun was in the way. I knew who it was though.

“What do you want?” I asked as Charlotte sat down on the swing next to me.