Like Vines, We Intertwine

Echo... My Voice Is An Echo

Chapter 2
(Bob’s POV)
I got out of my car after I parked it outside Greta’s house. I opened the trunk and pulled out my guitar case. I walked up to her door and was about to ring the door bell when…

“Hey Bob!” Greta said as she opened the door.

“Whoa! Don’t scare me like that!”

“Sorry! I saw your car pull up. Come in.”

I walked inside the house and went straight downstairs. I knew this house like the back of my hand. Greta and I have been best friends ever since I can remember. We met when I was 6 and she was 3. I use to live right next door to her. Then my mom and dad decided to move when I was 15. We moved not far from here. Only a couple towns over, but it still wasn’t the same. I had to leave my best friend behind. But when I got my license, I would pick her up and hang out with her.

“So how’s the new school?” I asked as I sat down and pulled out my acoustic guitar and note book.

“It’s ok. It’s just like Benet except more dumb girls,” She said as she sat down at her piano, playing with a couple of keys.

“Did you meet any new people that might be interested in joining our band?” I said as I was tuning my guitar.

“No, but I did meet some new friends that aren’t like the people there. They actually like a bunch of bands that we like.”

“Really? Awesome.”

“Yea, so how’s the writing going?”

“Ok I guess.”

“Did you talk to Chris?”

“Yea, he’s on his way. All we need is drummer. Where are we gonna get one?”

“Beats me. Hey listen to this…”

She started playing a couple of keys on her piano, and she started singing.

“Dear you left too soon,
Into the next room.
If you haunt me,
I will sing for you.
The hinges move,
Connecting me and you
Is a door way.
You’re knocking through”
I stared at her in awe. I knew she had talent.


“That was awesome Greta.”

“Thanks,” she said while blushing.

I started playing around with my guitar, trying to write music for one of my many writings. Greta was still at her piano, figuring out what to add to the song when the doorbell rang. Greta got up and went to open the door. Chris came in with a big smile on his face while holding his bass.

“Hey Chris!”

“… You were our only friend,” Greta finished singing.

“What’s up with you?” I said as I stared at him.

He couldn’t stop smiling.

“I have some good news. I think I found us a drummer.”