Like Vines, We Intertwine

It's Just Nerves

(Ryan's POV)
"Erelin, are you ready?" I asked as I was done tying my shoe.
I got up from sitting on the stairs to looking up at her hallway. I fixed my black pants. I fixed the collar of my red button down shirt. It's gonna be a fancy night tonight.
"I'm coming." She said in a rush.

Tonight was the night. I was going to propose to her, along with Pete proposing to Amanda. Pete had called me and told me that Amanda found her ring. He played it off like it was Erelin though. I hope though it didn't spark a though in mind. I knew Amanda had called her so she must have told her. I swear sometimes Amanda has a big mouth. (DON"T HATE ME AMANDA LOL)

"Erelin..."I said impatiently as I looked at my watch.
"Right here." She said as she ran down the stairs and stopped right in front of me.
She looked so gorgeous in her white and red halter dress. She actually put on heels. She knows how to dress up when she needs to.
"You look amazing." I said as I cupped her face in my hands.
"Thank you. You look so handsome." She said with a smile.

We both leaned in and kissed for a good minute until we heard someone clear their throat. We pulled apart to see her dad at the front door.
"Hey you two. Going out?" he said with a smile.
"Yup." Erelin said.
"You two be careful. You look beautiful, honey." He said.

He knew what was going on. I had asked him when Erelin was out with her sister for a bit. He said he was happy that she had found someone like me and gave me his blessing. I was relieved. I wouldn't know what I would do if I couldn't marry her.
"We will, Dad. Thanks." She said.
"You two better go... You don't want to be late!" he said.
"Yea! Bye Dad."
"Bye" I said.

********
"This is amazing. I can't believe you two did this!" Erelin exclaimed.
We arrived inside the room that we had asked for in the Adler Planetarium. We had asked to rent it out since it closed early.

"Well we wanted to do something amazing." Pete said as he held on to Amanda.
She was still in awe at where we were. I looked over at Pete as he looked at me. I don't know if he was nervous or not, but I can tell he was about to burst any minute. We all settled down as the two couples sat at different tables, to keep the intimacy of dinner to ourselves. We were just going to propose to them after dinner. We ate as we hired some caterers to serve us our food. Erelin and I talked softly, sitting next to each other. We fed each other and had a wonderful time. She looked amazing in candle light. In any light she looks amazing. I couldn't wait to ask her.

By the time dessert had came, I was getting nervous. She was noticing too.
"Honey, are you ok?" Erelin asked as she took my hand.
"Yea of course." I said with a smile.

We then heard a scream of joy. We both got up quickly and looked over at Amanda and Pete. Pete was on one knee. Erelin and I knew that he was going to do it tonight.
"Amanda Ross, will you marry me?" Pete asked excitedly.
"YES!!!" She screamed as she lunged herself on to Pete.
Erelin aw'ed as she watched Pete put the ring on Amanda's hand. It was my turn now, and I wanted it to be special.

"Come on. Let's give them some privacy." I whispered in her ear.
She nodded and took my hand. I lead her out of the room with my arm around her waist. She rested her head on my chest as I lead her to another room. I wanted everything to be perfect. We entered another dark room. I flipped a switch to activate the overhead system. "Your Guardian Angel" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus started to play. The star constellation above us had lit up.
"Awwww Ryan." She said as she faced me.
"Miss Erelin Deang, may I have this dance?" I asked.
"Of course." She said with a smile.

I led her to the middle of the room. When they have tours, they let people lie down and see the stars. Good thing there's no chairs.
I held her close as we danced slowly to the song. I was ready. I had to do it soon seeing that the song was ending soon.
"Erelin..." I whispered in her ear.
"Yea?" she asked as she looked up from me.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you too"

I leaned in and kissed her with all my might. She means so much to me... and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I pulled apart and smiled at her.
"Are you ok Ryan?" She asked.
"Yea. I'm more than ok." I said.
Right then, I let go of her and got down on one knee.